Canada Serving Canada.

Paintless dent repair recommedations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Kevin!
That lady at the grocery store really pisses me off! Fools! It always happens! They act so ignorant to whats going on and like nothing happened.
They cant drive their car, they are just fools!
Its just a car! I dont care what it is...we worked hard to get what we have! I don't know how you can stay calm with a comment like that!

All the best!

Old 01-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey guys, news:

I took the car to The Dent Clinic in Mississauga (on Dunwin drive) on a recommendation from e90post and they took care of it. Took them about 30 minutes and I got to watch, it's completely gone, or so much so I can't see it at all. $125 and I am very happy with the results.

Yay! Next mod = front lip!

Old 01-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Thats fantastic news Kevin. It sounds amazing what these people can do.

Would you have a before and after pic of the damaged area ? (I know you take pics of almost everything )

Old 01-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Thats fantastic news Kevin. It sounds amazing what these people can do.

Would you have a before and after pic of the damaged area ? (I know you take pics of almost everything )
Actually in this case I didn't. I don't even know if a camera would have picked it up, it was one of those "see it in the right lights by moving your head" type deals. Sam saw it, but I had to point it out to him.

It was about 5 inches long by 2 inches wide, but very shallow, maybe 1-2cm deep at most, it almost looked like part of the car except that since it was at the bottom of the door you could see where the metal had bent very slightly over the frame. All the guy did was tap at it with a hammer and little glass pin thing for about 10 minutes, then took one of his long tong like tools, put it in the door, did some tapping for 10 more minutes and bang, all gone. Really quite amazing.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:08 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Glad to hear she's fixed up Kevin. Nice to have that kind of thing behind you...

Watch out in all this mess we have now.
The 'winter sebatical' is over.

C.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Ya no kidding! The roads are hideous here today; luckily I got the winters on last week, I had no problems going from downton Toronto to Erin Mills in Mississuaga, ~50km roundtrip. Yay for snow tires. I saw 4 guys in the ditch on the way there though. I had to stop and jump a guy on the QEW from Niagara last night too; poor guys battery died right as he hit the on-ramp on to the highway. :/

Old 01-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
Hey guys, news:

I took the car to The Dent Clinic in Mississauga (on Dunwin drive) on a recommendation from e90post and they took care of it. Took them about 30 minutes and I got to watch, it's completely gone, or so much so I can't see it at all. $125 and I am very happy with the results.

Happines is a satisfactory repair eh Kevin? Been there, done that. I'm happy you're happy. GL with the lip clearance. I know you can traverse the cliffside enterance to your parking spot.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Haha, ya I asked around on the lip height difference. No one answered so I guess I will be the guinea pig!

Old 01-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey guys, news:

That's great news Kevin. Did the Dent Wizard guys fall through or did you just find something else that worked better for you?

Deane

Old 01-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by RBull
That's great news Kevin. Did the Dent Wizard guys fall through or did you just find something else that worked better for you?

Deane
Hey Deane - DW is in Oakville, so it's a 110km round trip and they are only available on Wednesdays (and I have a car this Wednesday) so on a recommendation from a guy at e90post I tried Dent Clinic. I did call DW and they were definitely helpful, just didn't work out. Thanks again for the recommendation though.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Deane - DW is in Oakville, so it's a 110km round trip and they are only available on Wednesdays (and I have a car this Wednesday) so on a recommendation from a guy at e90post I tried Dent Clinic. I did call DW and they were definitely helpful, just didn't work out. Thanks again for the recommendation though.
Hey, just glad it worked out for you.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Hey guys just wanted to update - I fought the plate ticket and got it dropped. Actually fought is the wrong word; I basically said "sorry, I'm dumb, my plate is on now" and they dismissed. Just an fyi for those who may get the ticket.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to update - I fought the plate ticket and got it dropped. Actually fought is the wrong word; I basically said "sorry, I'm dumb, my plate is on now" and they dismissed. Just an fyi for those who may get the ticket.
Good for you Kevin, nice to hear you got it dropped.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:45 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice win, Kevin......so is the plate coming off again????

C.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Nice win, Kevin......so is the plate coming off again????

C.
Rabblerouser.
Great news Kevin.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paintless dent repair recommedations?