Canada Serving Canada.

Pinch me. This kind of service must be a dream.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Pinch me. This kind of service must be a dream.

Short story:
Wanted a Rad Flush and thought I'd get a syn oil change at the same time.
Quoted $80 bucks each because I was doing both by Tom at Paul Coffey Nissan in Kitchener. Bill was taking the Sat. shift and he honoured Tom's pricing on my word that this was so. Excellent service. If you want to hear more read the Long story.

Long story: Drove into the building with the G and the OH door closed behind me. Left the car and walked into Bill's office ( Service Advisor ). Big smile, firm handshake and we did some paperwork. Bill noticed I had a book bag and asked if I had work to do. I told him yes. He offered me an office with a desk to work in (Tom's office, the other SA) Well, yeah, that question was a no brainer. Bill took me around to the coffee bar and then back to the office.
Bill also asked me if I needed the internet, nice, very nice.
Five min. later, Frank the shop foreman came through to get the paperwork and talk to Bill about G. Frank said hi and shook hands too.
Bill came back and gave me a report on the rad fluid.
After about an hour, I took a break from work. Actually I heard the G revvvving and walked over to the clear OH door leading into the shop. The Tech working on the G saw me looking and came over to tell me why the G had it's fr. end up in the air. Looked like a dragstertaking off. We talked cars for a min. and Frank (I think) went back to work.
Got the car back, not washed but rinsed. I asked Bill not to wash it cuz only Kevin or I do so. Rinse was nice, rims looked much better.
So, for those of us who are not yet DIY'ers this is a real big thumbs up for service. I guess Paul Coffey just recently took over this dealership. Looks like the same effort and dedication he put into his Hockey career is now here in Kitchener. I cheered him then, and looks like I'm cheering for him now.
Just real happy to be treated like a customer used to be. Valued, some of you more experianced drivers know what I mean.
Will I go back. Hmmmmmm YEAH

Old 02-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great writeup, how was the service compared to Guelph Infiniti?

Old 02-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is a dream; JD power just ranked Infiniti the worst in "service" category

Old 02-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Sam I must have always missed it I only know of Kitchener Nissan in Kitchener, which I used to use.
Sounds like such a great experience.
Wayne

Old 02-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good story Sam. Kudos to Paul Coffey for great service.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Thumbs up

Awesome story Sam! That's cool the Coffey took over the dealership!

Old 02-03-2007, 07:35 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Sam I must have always missed it I only know of Kitchener Nissan in Kitchener, which I used to use.
Wayne
I'd say that's the same place, Wayne, but with new ownership....

Great to hear, Sam.........You certainly deserved some good service, and today's sounds like you got 'Top Drawer'......

That is the old Kitchener Nissan isn't it at Lackner?

C.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Wayne
Right you were Wayne,
I believe Paul Coffey recently bought Kitchener Nissan. They have moved into the previous BMW site. A huge upgrade from Kit. Nis.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
Right you were Wayne,
I believe Paul Coffey recently bought Kitchener Nissan. They have moved into the previous BMW site. A huge upgrade from Kit. Nis.
Okay, Gotchya Sam. The old Kitchener Nissan used to be on the corner of Victoria N and Frederick, I believe.

I'll definitely stop in to check it out next time I'm in the city.
Thanks Sam

Old 02-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
Good story Sam. Kudos to Paul Coffey for great service.
Deane, did I hear right that Sidney Crosby is taking over O'Regans? He was brought up in Cole Harbor right?

Old 02-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Deane, did I hear right that Sidney Crosby is taking over O'Regans?

haha even Sidney won't have that kind of money in his lifetime. Yes he is from Cole Harbour

I saw their gross revenues about 6 years ago published in Atlantic business when they only had half the number of dealerships. They did about 175 million/year then. Not bad for two brothers that were an engineer and the other a school teacher and started with a tiny used car lot approx. 22 years ago.

It is doubtful they will give up any of their dealerships as they continue to expand their empire. They have bought the former Home Depot building here in Dartmouth and are moving 4 of their stores (Kia, Nissan, Hyundai, Toyota) into that in the next 15 months or so. They have 9 dealerships in town now representing 11 brands and continue to buy. They also own I believe it is 4 other out of town stores with 2 additional brands and numerous other auto detail and supply related stores.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by RBull
haha even Sidney won't have that kind of money in his lifetime. Yes he is from Cole Harbour

I saw their gross revenues about 6 years ago published in Atlantic business when they only had half the number of dealerships. They did about 175 million/year then. Not bad for two brothers that were an engineer and the other a school teacher and started with a tiny used car lot approx. 22 years ago.

It is doubtful they will give up any of their dealerships as they continue to expand their empire. They have bought the former Home Depot building here in Dartmouth and are moving 4 of their stores (Kia, Nissan, Hyundai, Toyota) into that in the next 15 months or so. They have 9 dealerships in town now representing 11 brands and continue to buy. They also own I believe it is 4 other out of town stores with 2 additional brands and numerous other auto detail and supply related stores.

Holy smokes Deane, I had no idea that the O'Regan family was THAT big in terms of sales. Talk about an NS empire or what! But hey, you never know......with Crosby's future salaries and endorsements it just may be possible!

Old 02-04-2007, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by Mmagic76
Great writeup, how was the service compared to Guelph Infiniti?
Overall Guelph has been good. Any issues I've had with them have been quickly rectified. They're just a tad far away. Especially since my warranty is up and I don't get a free loaner anymore.
I have never been offered an office to spread my work around in while I waited for service. That's what really blew me away. Next time I go in, there may not be an office available and I sit with the rest of the customers in their waiting area. I walked by it on my trips to the Coffey machine and it looked comfortable enough. But a desk of my own, now that's "A cut above" .

Old 02-04-2007, 04:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been to kitchener nissan once and they were good. Where did they move too? I have mostly been with guelph lately but I think I may give Paul C. and his crew another shot. Nice write up, its good to hear that there are some dealerships who put the extra effort still.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paul Coffey Nissan is actually in the old Victoria Star Mercedes Benz building. Victoria Star moved into a renovated building a little further down the road, the old Steven's Mercury property.

I've been told that Victoria Star principals actually own the Paul Coffey Nissan dealership - PC's name is merely "licensed" for the name. When I asked how much PC has to do with daily business, I was told that he'll show up for special events and sign autographs.

Anyone know what his other dealership is like?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pinch me. This kind of service must be a dream.