Canada Serving Canada.

Tint too light?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^Sorry my car is not around for me to look at and interpret what you are saying. I don't know what screws etc you're referring to. What you need to ensure is your window is automatically dropping when the door is opened and then raising again once it is closed. I'm sure it is or you would probably know by now. If it isn't keep the window down a fraction so there won't be contact and then repair whatever needs to be done to have it operating properly.

I can't explain why your tinters took it out or why they didn't return the screws. Obviously it must have something to do with the install although I didn't note any of this issue with my tint job. Ask them??

Old 02-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noodleman
it's a catch 22 from what i hear. bascially if the window moves up and down it could hinder the curing process, and the tint would mess up (that's why you're not suppose to open/close the window). on the other hand, the window needs to drop down in order for the window to not scratch/damage the roof/glass.

i'd put the screws back on for peace of mind imo. the movement is so minimal that it will most likely not affect the tint. I left the windows as is after getting my tint, and i didn't see any problems from my tint.
Well i had it out for over a week and u guys scared me so i went downstairs and put them back in. The both windows go up and down as expected in terms of when opening and closing the doors.

However, i do notice that the passenger side window goes down further automatically than the driver side. It also looks as if it goes down and up a little more slanted :|

I hope nothing is damaged. Apparently the tinter is very good and knows what he does. He knows his stuff apparently.

I hope all is ok
Thanks

Old 02-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
^Sorry my car is not around for me to look at and interpret what you are saying. I don't know what screws etc you're referring to. What you need to ensure is your window is automatically dropping when the door is opened and then raising again once it is closed. I'm sure it is or you would probably know by now. If it isn't keep the window down a fraction so there won't be contact and then repair whatever needs to be done to have it operating properly.

I can't explain why your tinters took it out or why they didn't return the screws. Obviously it must have something to do with the install although I didn't note any of this issue with my tint job. Ask them??
What you need to ensure is your window is automatically dropping when the door is opened and then raising again once it is closed.
The screws were taken out to prevent the up and down motion when the doors were opened/closed.

This was done as to not affec the curing process according to the tinter.

I just put the screws back in and it is working noramally again. That is, when door is opened, the window comes down a bit and vice versa.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^very good.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:44 PM
It's completely normal for the tinters to do this with "indexing" windows(windows that automatically lower and then raise after the doors are opened).

They do it so that the window doesn't go down before the tint is dry and wreck the tint job.

It does not hurt the car in any way. I've had my passenger side window not indexing now for almost a year (problem with motor) and there are no marks on the frame or window.

The manufacturer's use this system for "frameless" door glass so that the window gets a better "seal" when the doors are opened and closed.

I was in the tint business for a long time and that's why I know this.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:12 PM
prog35
Thanks for your input, it gave me a greater peace of mind