G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Ambient Lighting + Other fun stuff

Old 07-16-2015, 08:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ambient Lighting + Other fun stuff

Hey guys,

Was looking for the best ambient light alternative.. I'd like either blue or green, but even the whole color spectrum that I can change to any color would be great. I found this one, very close to what I'm looking for..

Also, say you just landed a 2006 IP G35. What would be the first things you would do? It already has rims, tinted windows and is lowered. Thanks in advance!

-Mike

The following users liked this post:
Drifter2090 (07-16-2015)
Old 07-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by mjfenix
Hey guys,

Was looking for the best ambient light alternative.. I'd like either blue or green, but even the whole color spectrum that I can change to any color would be great. I found this one, very close to what I'm looking for..

G35 Ambient Lighting - YouTube

Also, say you just landed a 2006 IP G35. What would be the first things you would do? It already has rims, tinted windows and is lowered. Thanks in advance!

-Mike
For starters do you know how to wire the lights up yourself? Because the lights involved itself would be cheap. But getting it done will take some work. If you goto a shop they'll likely charge you up the **** since they have to remove panels and what not. More laborious the job, the more they'll charge when it comes to electronics.
Unfortunently there's no pre-made kit, the guy in that youtube video did it all himself with a bit of custom work involved.

As for your G. It's fine as it is. Low, wheels, tint is perfect. Up to you if you wanna do a few performance mods. Just remember that you'll barely get anything out of them so just enjoy it the way it is

mjfenix (07-17-2015)
Old 07-17-2015, 02:02 PM
Absolutely! Thanks for your input. It would be a custom project. I'm experienced with electronics and lighting especially. Just curious if there was a better 'DIY kit" that anybody has seen. Or perhaps some fun cup-holder LED's or anything.

As far as upgrades, yeah-- you got it! I'm pretty much thrilled with how it is currently. I wouldn't change a thing except maybe put in a CAI and exhaust. I'd look into certain things down the road, but I'm not going to racing all over, i'd rather save the money

Old 07-17-2015, 02:06 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by mjfenix
Absolutely! Thanks for your input. It would be a custom project. I'm experienced with electronics and lighting especially. Just curious if there was a better 'DIY kit" that anybody has seen. Or perhaps some fun cup-holder LED's or anything.

As far as upgrades, yeah-- you got it! I'm pretty much thrilled with how it is currently. I wouldn't change a thing except maybe put in a CAI and exhaust. I'd look into certain things down the road, but I'm not going to racing all over, i'd rather save the money
Forgot to mention there is an LED replacement kit on diode dynamics which is meant for replacing the existing LEDs. If you're thinking of doing replacements as well, that a nice place to get started. It includes the inside map lights, courtesy light, side markers, and a bit more.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:02 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
it looks like he used these
http://www.oznium.com/prewired-surface-mount-led

i am curious how he wired it though. did he run new wires through the molex or did he just tap the wires for the the door switch leds. if he did the latter the ambient lighting in the doors would only come on with the headlights

Old 07-24-2015, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by .cakestar
it looks like he used these
http://www.oznium.com/prewired-surface-mount-led

i am curious how he wired it though. did he run new wires through the molex or did he just tap the wires for the the door switch leds. if he did the latter the ambient lighting in the doors would only come on with the headlights
Hey guys,
I was the one that posted that video on YouTube.com.
I did use the Oznium LED's. I've been meaning to put a video on how I did it.
The reason why I have not, is that I sold my G35...but I bought it back...I love the car too much.
Anyway, for the doors, I wired them to the speakers. The ones on the foot wells & cup holders, I wired them to the radio. So, if the Radio is not on...the lights will not come on, but I always have the radio on. I will probably re-wire them and put a switch.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

mjfenix (10-18-2015)