Canada Serving Canada.

"g37c" & Pics Is Official & Im Very Dissappointed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"g37c" & Pics Is Official & Im Very Dissappointed!

Hey Guys,

The "G37c" is now official & I'm shocked and very dissappointed with the actual pics of the official car released on the car&driver site today. I cannot believe what they have done to the G37c! There is a huge difference between the pics weve been looking at all these months the "concept" looked gorgeous. The official G37c looks NOTHING LIKE THE CONCEPT!! Theres minimal difference between the old generation and the new "G coupe" Generation. Im sure a lot of people are shocked about this! I cannot believe what they have done. The offcial G37c pretty much looks like the new G SEDAN but Coupe version. The rear the front the rear light the front lights looks just like the 2007 G Sedan!! What were they thinking? IT should have looked like the CONCEPT pics. The Concept is gorgeous! How could they have made it so similiar to the Sedan? What do you people think? Any feedback? I see no major difference compared to the OLD G35c. Is this for real? Am I dreaming? Could this be? I think this is a major screwup! For crying out loud the read brak lights u name it is almost identical to the 07G Sedan! I dont even consider this the next generation G. The only major difference is engine size & HP and some technology. The G37c cosmetically I give it no more than 7 out of 10. ANy feedback What do u think?

Old 03-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd give it a 10/10! Hate it say it but I disagree with you, the new G Coupe looks tight . To each and his own.

I wonder why it's de-badged at the back?

Old 03-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It does look similar to the 07 sedan, but I love the 07 sedan. I would have liked to see it come out with more aggressive lines like the concept, but I still find this to be a sexy car. It will look much better with a drop and some rims with a nice fat lip.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think Infiniti has dropped the ball on this. From all the pics released over the past couple of days, I'm still finding it hard to like.

I look at it this way...Car companies always temp you with a concept car that is very overwhelming to your eye. Make it, make it, make it they hear and then, eventually it is shown to the public as a production model and viola, its not the same car you saw before.

I find too many car companies do this just to "suck" in possible buyers only to let them down in the end.

Maybe I need some time for the car to grow on me...it was just such a big letdown with the first "mule" pics.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:11 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
It'll grow on you, Bill......
IMHO, the only thing it needs is a nice set of 5 spoke wheels.
My M wheels would look nice on there.

C.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Here are some really nice photos, those guys at Car and Driver really know how not to take flattering photos. See the picture here and the car does look more like the concept.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=146416&page=2

Old 03-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Banned
Pictures can be very misleading, even good ones. There are little clues to scale and nothing to give you an inkling about depth.

Personally, I like the look. And I'm sure 99% of you that don't will change your mind when you see it for real.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Is it me, or...?

Originally Posted by hullio
Does this pic not remind you of a souped up Hyundai Tiburon? (just a first-hand impression of the pic)

A

Old 03-22-2007, 08:00 PM
I didn't think much of the new sedan until I saw it for the 10th time in person. It grew on me and now I think it's one of the best looking sedans on the market. I also knew the coupe would look similar. I didn't expect it to look like the concept. I think those of you who are disappointed should hold your horses and wait until you see it in person...a few times. Then you'll see it ain't that bad....might even look pretty good.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:03 PM
i love the new sedan but im not really feeling this coupe. i think the previou style looks way cooler.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Not digging the front bumper... and the overall curves of the coupe looks like a 350z

Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 PM
This Can't Be Happening!?! This is the official 08G37c?

Hey Guys,

Its me again. Surprising how I was the first one early in the day to start this post after Car & Drivers latest G36c article & its "official car news etc". I was at work, and thought Id check out the site and there it was the "official" news!

I was expecting a much better looking vehicle to be honest. Nothing even close to the concept. It seems as though they put so much time and effort in to the sedan, and spent less time for the cosmetics of the G37c. It looks so much like the 07 G37Sedan, especialyl the rear lights. I wouldn't even necessarily call this the "next generation for the Coupe" All it is is a somwhat tweaked version of the previous generation. Exterior very similar. So much similarity with the Sedan. I give it max. 7 out of 10. This is definately not going to sell as much as others in its class, and most definately will not be a hit as the previous Gcoupe Generation. Im actually beginning to consider just getting the 07 Sedan. Something just does not look right with the new Coupe. Im very dissappointed! Theres nothing gorgeous or beautiful about it! Just regular looking to be honest. Nissan/Infiniti has this tendency to create a gorgeous concepts and than never even come close to it. It was all about the looks for this car, and the looks are just not there. Very unfortunate. I'll give it a couple more chances when the cars start arriving in dealerships in a few months. Until than Im actually going to consider some other Coupes by other car manufacturers. People, People tell me what you think.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:39 PM
It looks so much like the 07 Sedan. What so tight about it? I can assure you 6 out of 10 are dissappointed with the "official car". This was definately not expected at all. They

Old 03-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by reggiek
I didn't think much of the new sedan until I saw it for the 10th time in person. It grew on me and now I think it's one of the best looking sedans on the market. I also knew the coupe would look similar. I didn't expect it to look like the concept. I think those of you who are disappointed should hold your horses and wait until you see it in person...a few times. Then you'll see it ain't that bad....might even look pretty good.

The way I see it is. If I have to see it more and more to like it. I didn't
like it in the first place. I'm not looking to convince myself its nice.

Its fugly IMO and was a major let down.

When I "first saw my girl". I knew I had to have it

just my $.02 beans

Old 03-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by BadBoy06
The way I see it is. If I have to see it more and more to like it. I didn't like it in the first place. I'm not looking to convince myself its nice.Its fugly IMO and was a major let down.When I "first saw my girl". I knew I had to have it just my $.02 beans
I agree with the last part of your post. The second I saw my G I loved it. I like parts of the G37, but the package doesn't thrill me. I was worried about the residual when I saw the concept. Now I'm not as worried. Some body mods will certainly heat the G37 up. I just love driving my G, she puts a smile on my face everytime I start her up. (too cool)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "g37c" & Pics Is Official & Im Very Dissappointed!