Canada Serving Canada.

Tinting GROUP buy-in for those in the GTA -- Thornhill Tints

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to check on pricing at Audio Heaven and FX as well. I see that there are a few concerns with Thornhill's customer service, or lack thereof. Anyone have any comments about these shops? I think Audio uses Solar Guard. I'll have to check on FX.

An added bonus with Audio Heaven is that they appear to be open both Saturday and Sunday. It's always nice not to have to take time off work to get tints Not sure how cool my boss would be with that

Old 04-12-2007, 09:08 AM
FX uses Formula tint and by appointment opens on sat only. Cost is 250 for the ceramic tint.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SKperformance
I had mine done by Richard the owner of thornhill tints.
The overall tint was not bad but i ended up with dirt on the rear corners of both rear doors. I then went to get my new bumper wrapped with a clear bra as he does that also. I made an appointment and drove the hour from Mississauga to get it done as i got there as i was leaving the next day to drive to Atlanta and Florida. I get there and he sees the dirt and i tell him i don;t care right now i need to get the bumper done to install it that night. He turns around and said oh i thought you were dropping it off???????? Why the **** would i want an appointment then when i told you i am leaving tomorrow ? He says he is booked and too busy to do it right now. To say i was pissed would be very short of the truth. I told him **** it and left as i had no more time to waste with him complaining about he has too much business. I went to 3m trimline and paid more and got it done right and fast.

BTW if you are uneasy about having your door skins removed don;t go to them as he takes all the door tirm off to get lower on the window. Great in theory but it still loosens all the tight plugs holding them.
that's Richard's attitude these days...I sent him all kinds of referals before when he wasn't as busy....but now that he's gotten too big for his own bridge he's lost me and a few others I know as customers.

He did the exact same thing to me when I showed up to install my clear bra. WTF? I freed up my morning schedule and drove all the way from Mississauga for this and you got no time? The years he spent earning my business and respect...he lost it in less than 10 minutes.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chico
that's Richard's attitude these days...I sent him all kinds of referals before when he wasn't as busy....but now that he's gotten too big for his own bridge he's lost me and a few others I know as customers.

He did the exact same thing to me when I showed up to install my clear bra. WTF? I freed up my morning schedule and drove all the way from Mississauga for this and you got no time? The years he spent earning my business and respect...he lost it in less than 10 minutes.
That's a shame for a small business guy to get like that. Some entrepreneurs do well when they're smaller and then struggle to manage effectively when they can't do everything themself.

I've never heard of too big for his bridge. Would that be too big for his britches?

Old 04-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by BB_Sam
I'm going to check on pricing at Audio Heaven and FX as well.
So, Audio Heaven is $199 + Tax. Spoke to Jeff. Discount for groups is $20 off per additional vehicle. They don't do tinting on Sunday but they are open until 7pm so if you bring the car in by 5pm they can have it done by 7pm.

So far, i think there are three in total that are interested. Once I finalize numbers I'll see about getting a final, all in, cash price.

Not gonna bother with FX. Their hours suck (only open to 5:30pm).

Looks like Thornhill is out, Audio Heaven is in. Anyone else used AH? Comments?

Old 04-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by RBull
That's a shame for a small business guy to get like that. Some entrepreneurs do well when they're smaller and then struggle to manage effectively when they can't do everything themself.

I've never heard of too big for his bridge. Would that be too big for his britches?
LOL, it's actually BREECHES! give me a break...I'm multitasking here.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Rated M

LOL, it's actually BREECHES! give me a break...I'm multitasking here.
Breeches???

It's all good. Break granted!

I'm multitasking here at home too.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
Breeches???

It's all good. Break granted!

I'm multitasking here at home too.
yes...britches is actually the informal term and most commonly used today for breeches.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Hey this is getting good LOL
psst, I'm with britches, maybe we should have a Poll

Sorry BB Sam for going off-topic on your thread.
Back to tints

Last edited by GEE35FX; 04-12-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
FWIW..
britch·es (brĭch'ĭz) pronunciation
pl.n.

Breeches.
idiom:

too big for (one's) britches

1. Overconfident; cocky.

[Alteration of breeches, pl. of BREECH.]

Old 04-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Rated M

yes...britches is actually the informal term and most commonly used today for breeches.
Excellent. You learn something new every day.

Back to tints now. Sorry for the thread rob.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by BB_Sam
So, Audio Heaven is $199 + Tax. Spoke to Jeff. Discount for groups is $20 off per additional vehicle. They don't do tinting on Sunday but they are open until 7pm so if you bring the car in by 5pm they can have it done by 7pm.

So far, i think there are three in total that are interested. Once I finalize numbers I'll see about getting a final, all in, cash price.

Not gonna bother with FX. Their hours suck (only open to 5:30pm).

Looks like Thornhill is out, Audio Heaven is in. Anyone else used AH? Comments?
Hey BB_Sam,

Personally I have never had anything installed at audioheaven but my friends who have seem to like them and their pricing. I went to check out their tint prices on the weekend and Jeff said that he would do my G35C and my friends 06 SI for 170 cash. They use metallic tints and do not carry ceramic.

For me, the cleanliness of a shops work area is important and if you go to AH, lets just say I have seen cleaner shops, and the person who was doing the tints didnt look too "professional". With that said, if you check out FXauto, their place is clean and the people who work their do look "professional". The owner at FX quoted me 250 for 2 cars. However if we were to get a group but it might be cheaper. I know a lot of Mazda 3's get their tints done at FX.

My 2 cents, hope I didnt offend anyone.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=alphabit]Hey BB_Sam,

I went to check out their tint prices on the weekend and Jeff said that he would do my G35C and my friends 06 SI for 170 cash. They use metallic tints and do not carry ceramic.

The owner at FX quoted me 250 for 2 cars. However if we were to get a group but it might be cheaper. I know a lot of Mazda 3's get their tints done at FX.
QUOTE]

I spoke to them at FX after I posted the Audio Heaven pricing. They also told me $250 but there was no discount for a group buy in.

I expected that Audio Heaven would be negotiable when i spoke to Jeff earlier today - not even sure the "group buy" even means anything to them.

I saw some boards where Audio Heaven is given good reviews. Check this one out:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=404365&page=2

Are you leaning toward the more expensive FX?

Another consideration (for me) is the later hours that AH has. FX closes at 5:30pm -- not sure how I'd get the job done if I went there.

Last edited by BB_Sam; 04-12-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:50 PM
3m trimline is one of the best for clear bras and tint . Problem is they are expensive and there attitude sucks because they know they are good. They do not bargain for a group or anything else but you will get a perfect job for a high amount. All depends on what is more important to you.
3m does not make a metallic tint though.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=BB_Sam]
Originally Posted by alphabit
Hey BB_Sam,

Are you leaning toward the more expensive FX?

Another consideration (for me) is the later hours that AH has. FX closes at 5:30pm -- not sure how I'd get the job done if I went there.
Hi BB_Sam,
I am going to get my tints done at FX because after seeing samples of metallic and ceramic tints on my car side my side I prefer the look of the ceramic tint, as it does not look as reflective as the metallic tint. Although FX is a little more $$, I think they will take better care of my car after visiting both shops.

I beleive you can make appointments for Saturdays at FX.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tinting GROUP buy-in for those in the GTA -- Thornhill Tints