Canada Serving Canada.

Happy Birthday to me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:42 PM
Like I said there is ALWAYS one person at fault and if your car is parked, you can't be at fault.
Unless your car is Like Stephen Kings Christine and then you have bigger rpoblems!

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:52 PM
Glad that we have Matt clearing up the problems/questions here =)

Old 04-14-2007 | 01:59 PM
Peter,

That just sucks big time. Not the best way to spend your birthday eh?

Hopefully everything will work out for you in the end.

I think you should call this girl up and demand she take you out for a nice meal since it was your birthday!!!!

Old 04-14-2007 | 02:41 PM
I was just looking at the time stamps on the replys and there are some from 4 or 5 in the morning.
What are you guys thinking!
I'm in a coma at that time.
With a 5 and 2 yr old, my night owl days are over!

Old 04-14-2007 | 03:25 PM
|
Originally Posted by God|ZIlla168
I think the no fault accident means is no fault of yours. Also you pay insurance monthly just so things like this will be covered.

On the other hand her insurance should go up snce it was her who caused the accident. I am no expert but I think that is how it works especially when there is a police report stating her fault.
Hmmmm, with regards to the report, there are no comments on the report, on the left hand side of the report it contains the girls info, on the right hand side it contains the info of the other driver who got hit. No comments in the comments section. Am I missing something?

Old 04-14-2007 | 03:38 PM
as long as thee person fesses up to it..or you have an eye witness your fine..you wont even have to pay the deductible etc.

Old 04-14-2007 | 03:44 PM
Happy Bday and sorry to hear about the G Been there and it SUX!!!

My fiancee's car has been in two accidents while the car was stationary ie. not her fault. One was a when she was at a stop light and a woman driving an Escalade was driving way too fast and braked late. Rearend minor damage, reported to insurance as woman's boyfriend wanted to play tough guy with the out of insurance settlement. This didn't impact her insurance and we just renewed with the incident on her record (I guess she was considered not at fault, shrug??...).

Second was her parked car hit by another "Gurl" who just reveresed right into it and took out the rear quarter panel and tail light. Settled out of insurance as Gurl's insurance was already high due to other "incidents".

With the police report and amount of damage you will have to go to insurance. Good luck.

Old 04-14-2007 | 06:50 PM
Aww man, sorry to hear about this. Parking lots are really dangerous. Luckily, this accident involved cars only. That lady could have hit a child easily; I see parents let their kids RUN across the mall parking lot all the time. Her excuse about her high heels just blows me away. It's unbelievable how reckless so many drivers are these days. So many people are in a rush all the time. Some people actually make tailgating part of their driving routine. I see people on a daily basis brazenly break the law by not coming to a full stop and then just blowing past stop signs ahead of other drivers who had stopped first. Did I say people are in too much of a rush? The other day, I noticed each time through my rearview mirror when a different car had switched into my lane behind me the DRIVER WAS ON THE CELL PHONE!!! This happened with 5 different cars pulling-in behind me CONSECUTIVELY. C'mon folks, please don't use your cell phones while you're driving --- nothing can be that urgent.

At least your alarm did it's job. Had it not alerted you she might have even attempted to just drive-off. It was only recently I read on here that another local guy had his G hit and the person responsible took-off. There are really a bunch of bozos out there. This is all utter insanity. That's my rant for today.

By the way, Happy B'day.

Old 04-16-2007 | 09:43 AM
PDT
Happy birthday, and what a way to get a present! That totally sucks. Good luck with the repairs.

Old 04-16-2007 | 11:40 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Doh... hope it works out for you man. Happy Birthday today.

Old 04-16-2007 | 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by alphabit
That kinda sucks that my insurance company has to cover the damage, although I am not paying anything, it would make me feel that much better to know that her ins rates would sky rocket and that her inc company would have to pay for all the damages.
I may be wrong but that's how insurance work in Ontario. Each insurance pays for their own damage and then they go after each other to get their money back or something like that. In Quebec on the other hand, the person at fault pays for both damage if I recall correctly.

I know I know, I'm just restating what dubbletrubble said .

Old 04-16-2007 | 02:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by THE ONE
The other day, I noticed each time through my rearview mirror when a different car had switched into my lane behind me the DRIVER WAS ON THE CELL PHONE!!! This happened with 5 different cars pulling-in behind me CONSECUTIVELY. C'mon folks, please don't use your cell phones while you're driving --- nothing can be that urgent.
And have you noticed that those on the cell phone follow closer than thos that are not on a phone?

One women behind me followed so close I couldn't see the hood of her car. When she put the phone down, she fell back by about three car lengths. When I looked next, she was on my but with her ear pressed to the phone.

Sorry if I'm thread-jacking!

Old 04-17-2007 | 03:13 PM
|
Update:

Ok, so I finally got a claim number and had my car towed to the collision center. The good thing is that the collision center at the Morningside Nissan dealership is one of the pro shops that my Ins company uses, so they can start work immediately on the car.

I spoke with the manager there and he advised me that they will replace the talil light, bumper and the rear bumper bar (not sure whats its called). However he said that they will not be replacing the rear quarter panel because there is not enough damage. Does this sound right to you?

BTW the estimate as of this afternoon is $2200.00 and counting. Sucks to be her insurance company.

Old 04-17-2007 | 07:02 PM
Make sure your getting an alignment, just to make sure its nice and straight...

Old 04-18-2007 | 02:43 AM
sux to have that happen as a bday gift from someone...but it's nice that they are fixing it! you know.....there's an old chinese saying.... ok I can't think of any, but good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Happy Birthday to me