Canada Serving Canada.

Victoria Day Lapping at Mosport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victoria Day Lapping at Mosport

Kensai Racing Mosport Lapping day this Monday May 21st.
Performance School by Aaron Povoledo.

Read below for full details.

The structure is simple, an Intermediate Group and an Advance Group. We are limited to 30 per groups. Each group in on track alternatively for 25 minutes. There is a 5 minutes separation between groups for vehicles recovery. Passing Signals are mandatory for all groups. Pass Zones for Intermediate are front straight, back straight and between corner 3 and 4. Passing is allow anywhere in the Advance Group. When passing signals are given and respected, passing in a corner can be done safely.

$300 pre registered 24 hours before the event
$350 at the gate

Performance Driving school additional $175 (mandatory for 1st time drivers to Mosport or Kensai Lapping programs)

For the past 5 years the Kensai Racing, partnered with Aaron Povoledo have hosted lapping events at Mosport International Raceway.

Drawing on the vast experience of Povoledo’s professional racing and race coaching background, as well as Kensai’s engineering and set up knowledge, they have teamed up to bring the Mosport lapping day experience to a new level.

Starting this May they will offer a complete driver coaching and car tuning consultancy service which will include:

Brief Classroom covering - corner theory, vehicle dynamics – weight transfer.
Track tour, with detailed racing line explanation.
Low speed lead follow exercise to learn line and review balance basics.
Corner spotting for each session (Povoledo will watch from each corner to make notes on each driver)
Detailed debriefing after each session with goal setting to do list for the next session.
Vehicle testing / set up work. Povoledo will be available to test customer cars, and together with Kensai Racing expertise, advise on set up changes to enhance your cars performance.

Day to start 1 hour early, 7:30am.
Students must register 24 hours before the day of the event.

Thanks
Alan
Kensai Racing
905-470-9000

Old 05-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's funny, that's the same guy that was there the day my car became part of the wall at Mosport. I know it had to do with my inexperience on the track but come on, a little warning of oil slick track conditions after the rain might have saved me a pant load of money.

Povoledo will be available to test customer cars, and together with Kensai Racing expertise, advise on set up changes to enhance your cars performance
Sounds like another way for KHF to sucker people into spending too much money on their cars and justifying their over priced products. Thanks, but I'll get my "advise" elsewhere.

Beware people!

Sorry for the rant, I'll go away now.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts