Canada Serving Canada.

Body Kit (Sedan) In Toronto?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body Kit (Sedan) In Toronto?

Hi all!

Does anyone know where I can get a body kit for a Sedan in Toronto (Markham, actually)? And how much would it be? I am not looking for anything that really stands out, just want to get rid of the 2 ugly side sills. I went to a couple bodyshops to enquire about painting the sills, but they all suggested me not to because the paint would probably comes off, especially the lovely weather we have here lately!

Would adding a body kit void my warrenty? And would it "offset" the Aero package I have on the car?

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Re: Body Kit (Sedan) In Toronto?

if the side sills are all you are looking for you can order it from www.g35accessories.com or ask your dealer as they are made by infiniti. They also have a full body kit with front and back bumpers as well if you are interested.

Red/Canadian

Old 02-07-2003, 12:14 AM

Wassup happyt. Glad to see another Markham G35 owner on this forum. If you want your car to look like aramasa's (pix below), you can get this whole body kit from the dealer or as suggested above. All depends on what you want. I plan to spray my lower sills when spring comes if I can't get my body kit by then. Come to our next G35 meet when it gets warmer. Keep checking for post later on. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It's still a G thang!!

Old 02-07-2003, 09:07 AM

It is very cool to hear from other G owners in Markham, especially the majority of posts are in the States.

Aramasa's car is awwwwwsome! It's exactly what I want! I can't stand those black sills!

Can you order that kit from the dealer here??? My dealer never offered me even when I asked about the sills (Infiniti of Williowdale). Is aramasa in Markham also? Do you know how much the kit and installation costed? How are you trying to get the body kit from here?

I am not sure about painting the sills because even bodyshop people warned me against it, and I am afraid the paint would chip off an look VERY ugly. I was told that it is okay if we live in a warmer climate, but the salt and stuff would for sure damage the paint. Please let me know if you've found out otherwise.

Sorry for all the questions, as I am new to the forum, and a new owner. I am just very excited that there is local "help"!

Old 02-07-2003, 09:43 AM
b0h

oh my god
wait a second... u can get that whole body kit thing done from your dealer? my dealer never told me about that

how much did it cost?

b0h

Old 02-07-2003, 03:37 PM

You can't get the body in Canada....

They won't bring them over to Canada...

You will have to go to auto performance shops to get the kit...

Old 02-07-2003, 04:29 PM

aramasa is from Japan actually [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] The kit is definitely available in the states, but I am not sure about local dealerships and other body kit performance shops. You should try asking BC Auto and talk to Bell. See what he can do for you. Be careful about buying things from BC Auto tho. They have a bad rep for selling geniune brand kits but putting replica kits on their customers cars (that's just one of the horrible stories I've heard). It's always good to get a cost approximation though. I noticed you don't want to order stuff over the net, but that's a chance you may need to take if you really want it bad enough.

I had a Civic with black lower sides before and got them sprayed body colour. Had not had many problems with that and drove it for 4 years. Just maybe a chip here and there, nothing big and hardly noticable.

You can ask AceIt because he is in our area as well and got his car sprayed at his friend's shop for about $300 and he said it was quality work. I may want to organize a GROUP BUY in terms of getting lowers sprayed at his friend's shop a little closer to spring time. I just think it's a waste at the moment with all our salt and snow. Gotta talk to AceIt about this first though.

It's still a G thang!!

Old 02-07-2003, 11:17 PM

4 years and just a few hardly noticable chips sounds good. Did you drive that car a lot, and drive it through all weather (especially our terrible weather)? The bodyshop people really freaked me out, saying that the paint would come off even using the "rock guard paint"(I asked because I heard about this kind of paint). Did you need to touch up or repaint your Civic? I wonder if the paint really did come off, would repainting be a solution.

It's good that someone actually went ahead and did it, so there is a "sample" we can look at. I used the search function to search for AceIt, but I couldn't find him.

If painting the sills (including the front and back) is not as horrible as I was told, I would definitely interest in a group buy. Painting them is so much cheaper than the kit. It would be cool too if a lot of us around here are interested in the kit, we can do a group buy on that too, depends on how much it would be of course.

Old 02-07-2003, 11:19 PM

What's going on guys. Ya, my friend hooked me up for $280. He toke everything apart and sand it down first. Then they primed it and then paint it. They also painted the little rubber strip on the bottom of the doors. The paint job is holding up very well. It makes a big difference on look. Far as getting a group thing going, I got to ask him first. For sure it will be a reasonable price. So, let me know. The only thing is that you got to leave the car there for a couple of days. They double check when the paint is dry to make sure it matches.
Does anyone plan on getting Eibach pro-kit this sping. I am planning on lower it but want to see if everyone is waiting for Nismo parts.

Old 02-07-2003, 11:39 PM

Hi AceIt, nice to meet you, and great to hear from you.

The paint job sounds excellent! When did you get it done? Has our scary winter weather harmed it in any ways? Did you also paint the front and back? Do you have a picture we can see?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just too excited about the prospect of getting rid of the black sills!

Thanks!

Old 02-07-2003, 11:49 PM

Happyt - glad you join the forum. Yes, I got the whole car painted 2 months ago. This weather sucks, very time I clean the car it freaken snows or rains but I am glad I got it done. I got it done at a body shop by Warden and hwy 401. The body shop is called AutoStyle. No, I don't have any pictures but if you want we can meet up and you can see in person. Weather permitting and gotta wash the car first. Let me know.

Old 02-08-2003, 12:27 AM

Sounds wonderful! I think I know where that place is. I guess sanding the sills first helps the paint to stay on, right?

Totally understand your fustration with the weather--I've picked up my car 3 weeks ago, and washed it 3 times already! And every time it takes just a few minutes to dirty it all up again! I don't even know what my car's real colour is! (GRed, acutally)

Let's wait for Rumble to reply and see if he wants to see your car first before deciding on the paint job, and also, the group buy thing he was talking about, I guess we want to ask your friend about that also.

I am so glad I've gotten everyone's reply! I just joined the forum yesterday! This is truly heaven.

Old 02-08-2003, 03:52 AM

After seeing that Japanese G. I want the bodykit Badddddddd...

someone gotta hook me up with those kit pleasssseeeee....
And how much are those coupe rims cost ????

YNVMYG35

Old 02-08-2003, 03:34 PM

Sorry for not replying sooner. I think we'll wait for AceIt to ask his hook-up first. I guess tell them that we have 2 cars who want to do it, but can get more to get the cost down even lower. I just want them to do a good job. In terms of seeing AceIt's car, I already saw it a few weeks after it was painted and looked pretty good. I would like to see how it is now once again. Not to burst your bubble of enjoyment, but I do not plan to paint my lowers until March/April. If that is too late for you then maybe you can get it done at AceIt's friend's place first.

sljer > Dunno about the kit, but you can ask the local G35coupe drivers to see if they'd be willing to sell their rims to you.

It's still a G thang!!

Old 02-08-2003, 07:54 PM

AceIt, would you mind enquiring your friend about the cost? I am hoping to get mine done sooner (just can't wait to be rid of the black sills). When is a good time for Rumble and I to see your car? I was thinking maybe we can meet at your friend's shop, so you can introduce him at the same time. Thanks so much for your help!

Rumble, did you get those metallic padles in town? How much were they?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Body Kit (Sedan) In Toronto?