Latest Investment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 08:50 AM
It's Showtime**

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by abcdefGGGGGG
what kind of lease deal did you get on the m35? o yeah nice house too hehe
It is a low milage lease, 39 mths, $ 2,500 down and $500.00 mth. This car is a full load. This is way under what this would cost in Canada.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:02 AM
It's Showtime**

Originally Posted by RBull
Thats one way of asking if I can pay cash I wouldn't answer that question if family asked it.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by telegramsam
Thats one way of asking if I can pay cash I wouldn't answer that question if family asked it.
I knew that, hence why I posted. Same here.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is not what I wanted to know. I could care less. It was late when I posted. It came out wrong.

I wanted to know how you are managing currency movements. Hedged or unhedged?

Last edited by fbw5595; 05-24-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 AM
It's Showtime**

Originally Posted by fbw5595
That is not what I wanted to know. I could care less. It was late when I posted. I came out wrong.

I wanted to know how you are managing currency movements. Hedged or unhedged?
Ok. We purchased currency on the markets over a 3 week period. Transactions over 25K will result in fairly decent exchange rates. We gambled on the timing and although the U.S. dollar is really low right now, we came out ok given what we prepared our budget two month previous. We were buying about 3 points under standard posted bank exchange rates.

We are banking on two things with this investment. That real estate in Scottsdale will recover and the the U.S. dollar will recover. One would be good, both would be great.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:20 AM
do you mind me asking what's the listing price for something like that? is it a 3bedroom house? garage? basement?

Old 05-24-2007, 02:00 PM
It's Showtime**

Originally Posted by Lucino
do you mind me asking what's the listing price for something like that? is it a 3bedroom house? garage? basement?
This is a three bedroom single family with a semi-attached double garage. The garage floors have a specialty epoxy finish. No basement. Heated remote controlled self cleaning pool and spa. Nice finishes, marble floors, granite counter tops, cherry millwork, wood doors and casings , double glazed windows, shutters on all windows etc. Original list was in the mid 800's. We got it for 725. In this neighborhood, that was a bargain. Gated community. HOA. DC Ranch is a relatively exclusive area in Scottsdale, which in itself is an exclusive part of Phoenix. This property in Edmonton would cost at least 50% more.

Attached Thumbnails Latest Investment-kitchen.jpg   Latest Investment-living-room.jpg  
Old 05-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow thats fricken nice man! 725 sounds like a deal and a half too! Hope it turns a great profit for you!

Oh and whats the square footage of the home/property size?

Old 05-24-2007, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't answer that question either. Personal finances are PERSONAL, It bothers me when people even ask me how much I make or anything along those lines.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:06 PM
It's Showtime**

Originally Posted by vstrizheus
Wow thats fricken nice man! 725 sounds like a deal and a half too! Hope it turns a great profit for you!

Oh and whats the square footage of the home/property size?
Home is not large. 1800 sq.ft bungalow. We could have got much larger homes in the price range but this home has the finishes that we found in million dollar properties. We looked at over 20 homes in DC Ranch area and this was by far the best finished property by a margin.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Congrats and good luck with your adventure. I am in the same dollar camp. Sorry about the miscommunication.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:24 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vstrizheus
I wouldn't answer that question either. Personal finances are PERSONAL, It bothers me when people even ask me how much I make or anything along those lines.
Yeah, no kidding. Same here.

That's a nice property! I haven't been to but love the sound of the Scottsdale area. I love kitchens and it looks like you've got a good one. Granite tops and hardwood floors are a must! I like travertine tile, too, but its quite expensive. Btw, I've fallen in love with the pic of your white M5

Last edited by N50; 05-24-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:46 PM
It's Showtime**

Originally Posted by N50
Yeah, no kidding. Same here.

That's a nice property! I haven't been to but love the sound of the Scottsdale area. I love kitchens and it looks like you've got a good one. Granite tops and hardwood floors are a must! I like travertine tile, too, but its quite expensive. Btw, I've fallen in love with the pic of your white M5
Off topic here, about my M5. Heres a story for you. The car went in for the 4th time for a creak in the roof near the windshield pillar. I had washed it that morning and filled the tank. I got it back and they had put 30 km (19 miles) on it. The wheels were covered in extremely heavy brake dust. The oil was down a half litre and they burned a quarter tank of gas. Translation...Someone was out driving the $hit out it beyond anything I can imagine. The war is on. What makes this worst, the friggin roof still creaks. For anyone that complains about the G Coupe quality or service, this should be a wake up call. I paid 120K Canadian for this rattletrap and although it is a really a fun car, even expensive cars come with grief.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:52 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Off topic here, about my M5. Heres a story for you. The car went in for the 4th time for a creak in the roof near the windshield pillar. I had washed it that morning and filled the tank. I got it back and they had put 30 km (19 miles) on it. The wheels were covered in extremely heavy brake dust. The oil was down a half litre and they burned a quarter tank of gas. Translation...Someone was out driving the $hit out it beyond anything I can imagine. The war is on. What makes this worst, the friggin roof still creaks. For anyone that complains about the G Coupe quality or service, this should be a wake up call. I paid 120K Canadian for this rattletrap and although it is a really a fun car, even expensive cars come with grief.
Ewww...that doesn't sound like fun. A neighbor down the street from me must of hit paydirt because he just bought a silver M5 and is moving out of the neighborhood, LOL!

It is one thing to be able to purchase an expensive car. It is another thing to be able to pay for all of the maintenance and keep it on the road. Last weekend a gentleman parked a new F430 out in front of my shop. Of course he didn't come into my shop (actually, he wasn't there to shop) but all I could think of how much it must cost to keep that baby going!

Okay, back on topic.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:55 PM
^^ That sucks man. I think that just goes to show that it doesn't matter if its a BMW, Infiniti, Honda or Hyundai, they all have their share of problems and service techs/managers can be asses at any of the aforementioned dealerships. Sucks that they treat your car with such disrespect though. Even my sister's Lexus ES330 has its share of issues and the dealership tech's are asses too. Anyways I hope all that stuff gets squared away. Give em a piece of your mind and call Corporate for sure. $120k is not chump change. I would expect the car to be treated with more care and respect. Good luck with that!

Anyways, again, love the house. You should look into real estate investing via land & building some homes / holding them. I'm working on trying to find & acquire some lots right now to build higher end homes.