Canada Serving Canada.

BAD tint at FX AUTO....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD tint at FX AUTO....

I tinted my windows - don't have pictures at the moment, but basically there is a line of non tint on both sides of the window at the end of the window where the door closes.

They said because it is frameless, they could not get all of the window...

is this true?

another thing i noticed on both sides of the door where the drink/compartment to put things is lose.. it's lose all the way to where the controls on the side of the doors are, like to open windows ect.. the door handle itselt and the upper compartment is very tight.

Did the miss a clip or something?

do they take off the whole door side of the interior?

I will try to take pics shortly, no camera at the moment - that and its dark and raining.

I posted this in the coupe section too I need fast replies, if i'm to take it back in.

Does anyone in the GTA witha c oupe have tints, and don't have the problem?

If so, would it be possible you could show me or take some pictures?

Old 05-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know on my sedan there is a minute line but its not really noticeable.

As far as I know, the doors are not removed. I would imagine by now that they would have the design on the computer and just have it "printed" out for your specific car.

Just take it back to them. The guys there are good and stand behind their work.

What kind of tint did you get?
Did you get a lifetime warranty?

B.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:54 PM
First off, How much did they charge u ? Im really surprised..I heard good thing about them...I almost got mine done their..but since they were all booked I took it to this guy who does it privately..This guy basically Tints for all major dealerships including the one I got my car from..Awesome Dude( Dundas and River st.) yes dwontown! If u are interested I can give u his contact...But got to warn u, he is a busy guy..but the work is just outstanding, no bubbles, no line )Clean neat..and Life time warranty. Had mine for about a year now and is still great! Just take it back to FX first see if they can get it fixed if not remove it and check this guy out ..Highly Recommended. Oh in between He charged me $230 ..put I paid him$250 for an outstanding job !! Great guy !
BAD tint at FX AUTO....-post1.jpg

BAD tint at FX AUTO....-post2.jpg

BAD tint at FX AUTO....-post3.jpg

Old 05-27-2007, 10:36 PM
There's nothing wrong with the tint not going all the way to the edge of the window. Because our windows are frameless and the edge of the glass rests on the rubber moulding they leave some space so that the tint doesn't rub up against the rubber everytime you lower or raise the window. If they didn't, the edge of the tint would start to peel and you'd have all kinds of problems.

As far as the other problem you describe, I'm a little confused. Could you be a little more specific? I was in the tint business for ten years and have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:07 PM
+1 about nothing wrong with the gap.

FX uses pre-cut templates, and they always leave that little gap around the window frame. You won't see it when the door is closed, and hard to notice when you open the door.

as for the door panel being loose, they mis-aligned my passenger side handle cover right in front of the arm rest. I had to give it a good push to move things back into place. My friend had it worse as they put the weather strip on one of his windows in reverse! He took it back to FX and they fixed the issue though. That does seem to be one of the the process that FX seems to get alittle sloppy in.

They do need to take the door panel out though, since our windows are recessed into the door when it's open. If you're not happy with how the door panel is put back, just take it back to them and they'll fix it for sure.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:07 AM
the thing is.. you do see it when the door is closed...

its a strip of non tint.. going vertical....

that i can see.. when the door is closed.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by prog35
There's nothing wrong with the tint not going all the way to the edge of the window. Because our windows are frameless and the edge of the glass rests on the rubber moulding they leave some space so that the tint doesn't rub up against the rubber everytime you lower or raise the window. If they didn't, the edge of the tint would start to peel and you'd have all kinds of problems.

As far as the other problem you describe, I'm a little confused. Could you be a little more specific? I was in the tint business for ten years and have quite a bit of knowledge on the subject.
do you happen to live in richmond hill or markham? perhaps I can show you...

and you said you wanted to hear a aftermarket exhaust, I have one on.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Gline, they charged me 230.

I already took it back once, they redid the tint already, the line isnt as bad as the first time.. the first time, the line wasn't even straight.

Even the owner said that was a poor job.. so he fixed it, now its alot better, but I still manage to see the a part thats not tinted like a strip going vertical, when the door is closed.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:07 AM
Duuno know about no line or Gap ... All I know is my tints goes all the way without any line or Gap !

Old 05-28-2007, 03:41 AM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
+1^ the tint shopt that did my car also used computer program template to cut the tint. the tint goes all the way to the back and top of the window.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:10 AM
On the coupe you can go right up to the edge, most experienced shops will file the edges on the coupe because it is frameless. Filing the edges will leave no gap. The shop I went told me they only do it on coupes when I asked them if they would file the edges on my sedan. I have virtually no gap on my sedan, about 1mm at most.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I live at Markham Rd and Hwy 7....are you around that area ?

Originally Posted by 888
do you happen to live in richmond hill or markham? perhaps I can show you...

and you said you wanted to hear a aftermarket exhaust, I have one on.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm in the west end.

However, i'm close to that area often enough.

Do you work at that mazda dealership there?

Old 06-09-2007, 12:40 AM
I had my car done at FX and it has been 3 years and still looking great.