Canada Serving Canada.

Did anyone hear the screams??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Did anyone hear the screams??

Changed oil in the G today...first time since I got it at the end of January. So I unbolt the cover and what do I spy screwed to my block?? See pic 1! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Luckily I have the good stuff onhand. See pic 2. Luckily AMSoil comes in quarts (hmm, I used to have a g/f like that, but nevermind) so 5 fit perfectly with filter change.

Rhino ramps work great in pic 3.

That nasty piece of Mopar metal where it belongs in pic 4. Actually as far as I can tell, the construction is EXACTLY the same as the Wix, right down to the '20' stamped on the...whateveryacallit, the part you screw on. Probably the same piece. But what I wanna know is how the hell I get a Mopar filter on and Infiniti that I bought from a Toyota dealer?!?!? And they did the oil change prior to my buying the car. Musta gotta deal.

Attached Thumbnails Did anyone hear the screams??-p6103870.jpg   Did anyone hear the screams??-p6103867.jpg   Did anyone hear the screams??-p6103875.jpg   Did anyone hear the screams??-p6103871.jpg  
Old 06-11-2007, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i bought my G from a toyota dealership a few months ago... havent changed the oil yet... scary thought.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LOL, did she run like a hemi?

How do you like the Rhino ramps? Are they steel?

Old 06-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by RBull
LOL, did she run like a hemi?
Yup, loped like a Harley and got 6 mpg. j/k, it looks like exactly the same piece, I wouldn't be completely surprised if it were made for Mopar by Wix. But it's just so WRONG!

Originally Posted by RBull
How do you like the Rhino ramps? Are they steel?
They are made of some kind of composite plastic...very sturdy, and I didn't really have any trouble driving up on them. I have a gradually sloped aggregate driveway, so I backed the car in, put the ramps on the aggregate and drove on without any slippage. They do have a little rubber 'foot' that is meant to prevent them from sliding. Plus with the driveway slope, it gave my just a bit more room to slide under (insert joke here about how much room I need).

Old 06-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Be safe when you roll under the car (no jk here), I always use a second method of support in case first one fails. Get some jack stands or something else if ever the ramp collapses or car rolls off. I know it never happens but would hate to hear about the 'one in a million' accident.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Hey, what's your problem with MOPAR, that's what I use in my Stealth . Seriously though, is there really a huge difference between brand?

Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by G-Force
Be safe when you roll under the car (no jk here), I always use a second method of support in case first one fails. Get some jack stands or something else if ever the ramp collapses or car rolls off. I know it never happens but would hate to hear about the 'one in a million' accident.
You're right about that, I do intend to invest in some jackstands, I'll need them for fall tire changeover anyway. Thanks for looking out for me, G-Force!

Trending Topics

Old 06-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Techuinang
Hey, what's your problem with MOPAR, that's what I use in my Stealth . Seriously though, is there really a huge difference between brand?
Ooooh, little sensitive are we? Nothing wrong with Mopar, I think the Stealth is the best car Chrysler never made (it's a Mitsubishi), I was just surprised to find that part on my car. I think almost all of these kinds of things are made by 2-3 companies (Wix, Fram. etc.) who supply most or all the OEM filters for carmakers. I'd expect to find the big blue 'M' on a Stealth, for sure.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Rated M

Originally Posted by SwivelMan
Yup, loped like a Harley and got 6 mpg. j/k, it looks like exactly the same piece, I wouldn't be completely surprised if it were made for Mopar by Wix. But it's just so WRONG!
I know what you mean. No doubt wix does make them for Chrysler.

They are made of some kind of composite plastic...very sturdy, and I didn't really have any trouble driving up on them. I have a gradually sloped aggregate driveway, so I backed the car in, put the ramps on the aggregate and drove on without any slippage. They do have a little rubber 'foot' that is meant to prevent them from sliding. Plus with the driveway slope, it gave my just a bit more room to slide under (insert joke here about how much room I need).
I've got the same set up with aggregrate drive and slope that allows more wiggle room underneath too. I was interested to know how much clearance there was to drive up on the ramps and if they slipped at all. You gave the answer to #2.

Last edited by RBull; 06-11-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:47 AM
BMC
Changed oil in the G today...first time since I got it at the end of January. So I unbolt the cover and what do I spy screwed to my block?? See pic 1! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Does your G have a HEMI in it?

Old 06-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by BMC
Does your G have a HEMI in it?
HA! RBull beat you to it. But he has a head start, being in the East.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:41 PM
BMC
HA! RBull beat you to it. But he has a head start, being in the East.
Ah yes, he did beat me! I blame it on my lack of coffee today and therefore not being as alert as I could be. Go MOPAR!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by BMC
Ah yes, he did beat me! I blame it on my lack of coffee today and therefore not being as alert as I could be. Go MOPAR!
Probably just day dreaming about that new car to come.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I use the same kind of ramps... but those ramps are only usable for me at the rear lol.... i wish they have a less steep incline

Old 06-11-2007, 08:51 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Luckily I have the good stuff onhand. See pic 2. Luckily AMSoil comes in quarts (hmm, I used to have a g/f like that, but nevermind) so 5 fit perfectly with filter change.

Rhino ramps work great in pic 3.

That nasty piece of Mopar metal where it belongs in pic 4. Actually as far as I can tell, the construction is EXACTLY the same as the Wix, right down to the '20' stamped on the...whateveryacallit, the part you screw on. Probably the same piece. But what I wanna know is how the hell I get a Mopar filter on and Infiniti that I bought from a Toyota dealer?!?!? And they did the oil change prior to my buying the car. Musta gotta deal.
Hahaha, That would be a surprise to see a Mopar filter on your G.....If it looks the same it probably is, but it wouldn't hurt to do a cross reference next time your at CTC.......Would be interesting to know if Toyota got it right or just guessed.....

As you say, you've got the good stuff in here now with the right filter so she's good to go (fast )

I like my Rhinos too and now that Ian came up with a no slip solution, they'll work well on my slippery floor/driveway. -- a couple of stands like G-Force says is cheap insurance......

C.

P.S.
Luckily AMSoil comes in quarts (hmm, I used to have a g/f like that, but nevermind)
She was truly blessed......