Canada Serving Canada.

Lease Take Over Question??????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 03:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lease Take Over Question??????

Ok my mom has a Lincoln Aviator and the lease ends in October and thats when i can get my G35. Now i talked to the guy at Infiniti and he said it's a 3 month wait for the G35S Blue Onyx.

I should have asked this but i forgot, my question is will Infinity pay the last 3 payments of the car and take over the remaining lease so i can get my G35 sometime this month or next?????

Just wanted some feedback from you guys before i go back to the dealer.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:25 AM
might want to see how much would the early lease termination fees be first. Tell your mom to get an early lease payoff from them. Will only take a few minutes to get that answer.

Now once you get that info, go talk to the Infiniti salesperson and let them know the situation.

Good luck.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by WaLLy
might want to see how much would the early lease termination fees be first. Tell your mom to get an early lease payoff from them. Will only take a few minutes to get that answer.

Now once you get that info, go talk to the Infiniti salesperson and let them know the situation.

Good luck.
Thanx wally, will do so

Old 06-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by **Canadian_G**
Ok my mom has a Lincoln Aviator and the lease ends in October and thats when i can get my G35. Now i talked to the guy at Infiniti and he said it's a 3 month wait for the G35S Blue Onyx.

I should have asked this but i forgot, my question is will Infinity pay the last 3 payments of the car and take over the remaining lease so i can get my G35 sometime this month or next?????

Just wanted some feedback from you guys before i go back to the dealer.
Why would Infiniti take over your lease payment for Aviator? , are you are talking about trading it in for Infiniti G35? if that is the case, no one is taking over any payments, cus dealership is paying it off and owns it out right and then they either going to sell it to wholeseller or keep it on their lot(unlikely)...Call up your leasing company and ask them what is the payoff amount on the Aviator and see what dealership willing to give you for it, if they offer you less than what you (your mom) owes on the Aviator then either you pay the difference or they will roll them into your next contract(loan).

Old 06-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Did you put a down payment on the Aviator and if you did, how much?

With only about 4 more lease payments left, why don't you just wait and put in an order for a G35 for October delivery?

Even if you get the dealership to take over the lease, they will factor it into the price of your G35 so I presume that's about $3k.

You can try places like Leasebusters.ca but again with about 4 months left and depending on how much downpayment you put in, you may be able to get someone who will takeover your lease and buy it out.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:23 PM
If the Aviator is in great shape and they have interest in putting in their own used car lot, they might take care of the early termination. Of course that money will play a factor in negotiating the new G, they might not be willing to give you much $$ off MSRP since they are already laying out cash to get the Aviator. They really don't want the Lincoln and are only doing that to get you into the G.

When I went from my Altima to the G, there was about 4-5 months left and the dealer did eat the cost but I suspect since it was within the Nissan family the cost was somehow bured into the new lease agreement, trust me they always win on any deal.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:36 PM
The dealer will never "eat the payments" all they do is add the total of the three remaining payments into your new lease. You are still paying for it, just spread over the lease term with interest.

If I could give you some advice....as the Manager of a local Toronto domestic dealer.....wait until your lease is over!

The only exception to this would be if you were going to lease a car from the same manufacturer as your current lease. In this case many Manufacturers such as Chrysler, GM,Ford have programs called "pull ahead" were they will actually pay the remaining payments in order to get you locked in to another lease with them for three or four years. It's a way to make sure you don't switch to the competitions product.

Trending Topics

Old 06-14-2007, 02:49 AM
I went to erin mills, talked with Aaron seems like a nice guy and i'm actually be going to take the aviator for appraisal and see how much it's worth. I've read the posts so far in this thread and it might make sense to wait it out and just give the order for october or maybe i can convince my mom to get it right now, we'll see.

Thanx for the input guys

Old 06-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wait... i don't get it... so then are u buying the aviator out from the lease and then trading it in? what is the buy out?

Old 06-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by prog35
The dealer will never "eat the payments" all they do is add the total of the three remaining payments into your new lease. You are still paying for it, just spread over the lease term with interest.

If I could give you some advice....as the Manager of a local Toronto domestic dealer.....wait until your lease is over!

The only exception to this would be if you were going to lease a car from the same manufacturer as your current lease. In this case many Manufacturers such as Chrysler, GM,Ford have programs called "pull ahead" were they will actually pay the remaining payments in order to get you locked in to another lease with them for three or four years. It's a way to make sure you don't switch to the competitions product.

I did exactly just that with my old Maxima for the new G, so no penalty/fees and I even got a loyalty incentive in the form of a reduced lease rate. Even though the costs to the dealer for "eating up" your last payments are less than what you would pay monthly, but these are still costs to them nonetheless ... just that I really wanted the G and I didn't want to drive on almost bald tires anymore

On the other hand, if your car is actually worth more than what your residual value is plus your remaining monthly payments, then the dealers would buy the car off you and sell it themselves to make a profit ... so it will also depend on how much your car is worth on the market at the time you want to give it back.

Last edited by indycase; 06-14-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
wait... i don't get it... so then are u buying the aviator out from the lease and then trading it in? what is the buy out?
Yeah i think the buy out is $32,000

Old 06-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by indycase
I did exactly just that with my old Maxima for the new G, so no penalty/fees and I even got a loyalty incentive in the form of a reduced lease rate. Even though the costs to the dealer for "eating up" your last payments are less than what you would pay monthly, but these are still costs to them nonetheless ... just that I really wanted the G and I didn't want to drive on almost bald tires anymore

On the other hand, if your car is actually worth more than what your residual value is plus your remaining monthly payments, then the dealers would buy the car off you and sell it themselves to make a profit ... so it will also depend on how much your car is worth on the market at the time you want to give it back.
Yeah the car is in mint condition inside out, no dents or scratches, clean as a whistle

We were allowed 60,000 and so far it's just above 57,000 so were not over, so this shouldn't def. help getting a better buy back i think.