Canada Serving Canada.

My car was vandalized last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh man, sorry to hear about your car getting broken into... i also takes this personally because it has happend to me with a car i had before, but hope everything works out with insurance cause they can be real a-holes at times too.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
That really sucks. I hope everything gets fixed quickly for you.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
PDT
Thanks for all the kind words and well wishes.

I've been warned by many, but I didn't listen. I think I'll be either getting my wife to drop me in the morning, park at my friend's place and walking over or I'll be taking the bus for now on. GO really needs to do something about the lots. It happens too often now.

I'm still drafting a letter to GO, don't think it will do anything, but I need to VENT!

I haven't heard a final quote of damages or time line yet, but I was told roughly $2,500 - $3,000.

Thanks again guys.

Btw, my wife just called, she was wondering if I exploded yet! LOL

Tauseef

Old 06-13-2007, 05:39 PM
PDT
Originally Posted by SwivelMan
Noooo, not the doggy-door! Oh man, this has to be infuriating. I don't know about you, but I take this stuff very personally. Just once I'd like to catch fvckin' punks doing this shyte....Tauseef, so sorry to hear this, man.
LOL, my reaction when I saw the doggy door hanging, I was "NOOOOO, not the doggy door!!" I wondering if they have a replacement part for that?

Old 06-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry to hear what happened bro. Bastards!!!

Old 06-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
words fail me

Old 06-13-2007, 09:16 PM
BMC
T, that is awful news. Am sorry you have to go through all of the hassle now to restore your car back to its good looking self. Hang in there.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys... i found this petition while surfing the web:
http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tneedssecurity

i think that this is a real problem at these parking lots.... something needs to be done... camera's... better lighting... not sure... broken windows theory is racing through my head though.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:28 AM
PDT
As I was leaving the Station last night, I noticed that GO security was giving some guy a ticket for something. I pulled up to him, waited till he was done and told him about what happened. He said he's sorry to hear that it happened. He told me that he's the only guy that looks after all the North Western Stations for the following lines Lakeshore West, Milton and Bramalea. That's a lot for one guy. He did agree that they need more people, but the problem is, lack of funding, or "it's not in the budget". He said that the Police can request the video surveillance, but there are only like 2 or 3 cameras there.

giddup, thanks for the link to the petition, I think I'll sign it!

Thanks again for all the kind words guys. I'll keep you posted on how things develop.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:48 AM
that's just horrible. low lifes!
sometimes though, parking at the GO is the only option. the GO has to do something about this though.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Tauseef, so sorry to hear about the damage to your G. Stuff like this p!sses me off to no end. Like Deane stated, just idiot low life f'ing scum! Fortunately, something like this has never happened to me, but I can only imagine how angry I would be if I were you right now.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:59 AM
That's BS! GO has got funds from all levels of government coming out the ying-yang.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/mediaroom/releas...7/07-h113e.htm

I'm sure they can spare some change from the $88 Million they're recieving to beef up security.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Sorry about your car bro. Lots of ****** in this world --- people like that will never own anything nice in their lifetime. I get angry every time I read of **** like this.

I know how you feel. My car was vandalized just 2 months after I got it. But looking at your pics...I fared better in that only my rear passenger side glass was busted. What made me so pissed though was the scumbag(s) did it right on my own driveway.

You know, I'm starting to think these cars are a bit too flashy. I can't help but feel there are so many jealous and envious SOBs in this world. I noticed your car is black too. I bought this car and chose black also for my own enjoyment...and no one elses. But when it's clean, a black car in particular draws too much attention.

Hope you get it all fixed-up.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:01 PM
i fear for the 3 g's that are parked at my station (station withheld for their safety). there's a modded bimmer and sometimes a boxster! I honestly hope ignorance is bliss for them, cause i'd freak out everytime I park there if i had any of those cars.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:18 PM
I couldn't imagine leaving my car at a GO station for 8 to 10 hrs a day, but if you have no choice what can you really do, other than to take the bus. I know they used to patrol the brampton GO station for a bit, but im not sure if they still do

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car was vandalized last night