Canada Serving Canada.

pissed... tire feathering, scratched window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G35 4 doors sedan
Originally Posted by 35bills
Have you looked at www.infinitihelp.com for any recalls/TSB's regarding your issues?

I would still be on the horn with customer service about this. Its not being rectified to your satisfaction.

Hear of this too much. Infiniti wants your money for a new vehicle, but they don't want to keep a valued customer the long run.
I printed out a TSB from infinityhelp.com on glove box light which stays on when the door is closed. Brought it to Oakville Infinity. They told me that all TSB's from this site are for US only and they are not applicable in Canada. Does it make any sense?

Old 07-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Espresso
I think you're trying to say your tire treads are asymmetrical therefore cannot be flipped.
Or do you actually mean 'directional'? My Toyos are marked Right and Left and so can be exchanged front to rear (no stagger) but not side to side. Asymmetrical but non-directional would be okay to flip, I think...? Maybe I need more ascii drawings!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That feathering seems pretty minor. Check this from my old car...

Old 07-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha, ok, i get it now asymmetrical tires can't be rotated...since you'd have to buy them in pairs (i assume).

sorta OT, but I think you *can* rotate, since they're just directional, and not asymmetical.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by interalian
That feathering seems pretty minor. Check this from my old car...

That's some heavy feathering and also looks like a car that's way out of alignment.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Feathering is SO annoying, my folks-in-law asked me recently to take a drive in their car, and it was so noisy I would have sworn it had spun a wheel bearing (unfortunately, I have experience with that, in a Chev pickup), but the roaring coming from the right rear was due purely to feathering, I could hardly believe it. Not to mention the expense of replacing a pair of tires.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:45 AM
It's Showtime**

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
wtf... why is this car one problem after another. just got my car back from the dealership... took it in for problem:

1-excessive tire roar
2-jumping window when retracting / scratches on outside of same window
3-seat belt won't retract properly
4-crickets in my rear view mirror
5-clicking clutch pedal (again!)
My 2 cents.
Although tire feathering is annoying it is a byproduct of the aggressive suspension of many sports cars. There is a price to be paid for having a car that handles like the G35. My M5 has the same issue.

As for the other problems, I had the same ones in my coupe. These issues are irritating but in the big picture, relatively minor. I have just as many issues with my M5 as I had with my coupe. Small potatoes compared with engines that expire in M3's etc. I think that consumers have become somewhat spoiled. Compare these problems with what 70's, 80's and 90's autos had and they are minor. Expectations are becoming higher and standards are getting higher. You know my first car had a 12 month, 10K mile warrantee with a 30 day correction period for interior adjustments.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by RBull
That's some heavy feathering and also looks like a car that's way out of alignment.
It's the inboard edge of the rear tires on my old M5. Factory negative camber about 2 degrees combined with (ahem) vigorous driving. The tires wore pretty evenly despite the stresses of frequent injudicious applications of throttle...

Old 07-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by telegramsam
My 2 cents.
Although tire feathering is annoying it is a byproduct of the aggressive suspension of many sports cars. There is a price to be paid for having a car that handles like the G35. My M5 has the same issue.

As for the other problems, I had the same ones in my coupe. These issues are irritating but in the big picture, relatively minor. I have just as many issues with my M5 as I had with my coupe. Small potatoes compared with engines that expire in M3's etc. I think that consumers have become somewhat spoiled. Compare these problems with what 70's, 80's and 90's autos had and they are minor. Expectations are becoming higher and standards are getting higher. You know my first car had a 12 month, 10K mile warrantee with a 30 day correction period for interior adjustments.
maybe so.. but looking realistically at this car, i don't see it marketed to people that auto-x or anything. i use my car for daily commuting with some spirited driving once in a while. if i want speed and fun i take my triumph out anyways. so things like this get old pretty fast for me... especially when there's really nothing wrong with the rest of the tire. i mean, i've got about 17,000 km's on these tires... that's peanuts. i used to lease a corvette... and my tires lasted beyond 26,000.

i was born in 76 so i can't really relate to your other comments lol. but u also can't compare products from yester-year to today either. i'm also sure u used to walk 15km's to school everyday in knee deep snow and bread was only nickel. god knows it's what my grandad used to tell me all the time... haha.

overall, i think i'm more dissapointed in it all then anything else. like someone mentioned above... the road noise is horrendous right now... especially when coming to a full stop. not to mention all the other problems i've been having with this car lately. i mean... just recently i've had to get the car towed because it wouldn't start. the stigma of japanese quality doesn't seem to reach me at that point anymore.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:52 PM
It's Showtime**

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
i was born in 76 so i can't really relate to your other comments lol. but u also can't compare products from yester-year to today either.
Actually this is true. You can't relate to products from yester-year, but I can. Expectations now are so much higher than before it is rediculous but you would not know that having been born in 76.

By business partner who's 04 Audi TT has rust starting to bubble the paint on the rear quarter would gladly take your issues in trade. And talk service with him and the same is true. Like I said, I have similar issues with my M5. Grease streaks on the windows, body creaks, rattles in the headliner, faulty electronics etc. but this car was 120K. I feel your pain but I am not sure that for the money, you will find much better out there. I know a couple of people with Acuras that would like to crush them with a D8.

My experience is that once a car has frustrated you as much as yours has, dump it. Once you are unhappy with a car, not much will change that.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by telegramsam
My experience is that once a car has frustrated you as much as yours has, dump it. Once you are unhappy with a car, not much will change that.
totally agree... and i am actually looking for something new.. either this fall or the latest spring. sorry for the problems on your car as well.

the one thing i've found in common across every car i've had so far.. is that most dealerships are the same. don't really care... will rip u off whenever possible. that's why i've moved on to japanese/german cars. the least amount of problems off the start and long run... the least headaches i get with the stealerships. it's funny.. now that i'm getting older and my work hours longer.. i just don't have the time and/or patience for these things any more.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by interalian
It's the inboard edge of the rear tires on my old M5. Factory negative camber about 2 degrees combined with (ahem) vigorous driving. The tires wore pretty evenly despite the stresses of frequent injudicious applications of throttle...
Thanks. That explains it.