Canada Serving Canada.

pissed... tire feathering, scratched window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pissed... tire feathering, scratched window

wtf... why is this car one problem after another. just got my car back from the dealership... took it in for problem:

1-excessive tire roar
2-jumping window when retracting / scratches on outside of same window
3-seat belt won't retract properly
4-crickets in my rear view mirror
5-clicking clutch pedal (again!)

what they said coming back
1-tires out of alignment .. my fault... so tire feathering on the outside (here we go!)
2-motor replaced... window not covered... would have to fix out of my pocket!!!
3-corrected
4-no problem found (how typical!)
5-apparantly now it's normal.. they won't replace it. they took out another 'comparable' vehicle and it also clicked. which tells me it was another used g35 and it also had the dreaded click.

2 things that pissed me off the most... these freaking tires and the bloody scratched window. their solution to the tires (which have loads of wear left on them) is to replace with brand new stinkin' tires and re-align the wheels to proper specs. i mean wtf... it is obvious that these cars have a freakin' tire problem... but they won't do **** about it. service guy tells me that infiniti is aware of the problem and that it was corrected on all '05s and up.. really??!

scratched window... tells me "consequential damage is only covered in the 1st year of ownership".... i'm like wtf? there's a problem with the window... u admit to it.. replace the motor to fix the stuttering.... but say your on your own with the window! does any of this make sense. am i the only one who keeps running into these messy situations with a g35?

seriously... why on earth would i ever come back to this brand???

sorry, just had to rant a bit... and get this bs off my chest.

ps... what are your thoughts on the window? should they replace it? should i call infiniti customer service??

Last edited by giddyup69; 07-05-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you looked at www.infinitihelp.com for any recalls/TSB's regarding your issues?

I would still be on the horn with customer service about this. Its not being rectified to your satisfaction.

Hear of this too much. Infiniti wants your money for a new vehicle, but they don't want to keep a valued customer the long run.

Last edited by 35bills; 07-05-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
The scratched window has something to do with the tabs on the inside. I had mine replaced under warranty after getting the grease streak problem. Tire feathering is normal so get used to it. Our cars suck when it comes to tire wear.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:04 PM
G35driver Addict
can't you just flip the front tires and get an alignment?
And the window should be covered since it was the motor that caused it.
is there another dealership near by?

Old 07-05-2007, 05:18 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2 things that pissed me off the most... these freaking tires and the bloody scratched window. their solution to the tires (which have loads of wear left on them) is to replace with brand new stinkin' tires and re-align the wheels to proper specs. i mean wtf... it is obvious that these cars have a freakin' tire problem... but they won't do **** about it. service guy tells me that infiniti is aware of the problem and that it was corrected on all '05s and up.. really??!
My brother went the gammut with Infiniti and it was always "misalignment".
on his '03 coupe......

After 2 sets of tires along with 2 alignments and no help or no admittance from Infiniti (other than Jerry at Yorkville Infiniti) that there was a problem, he gave up and sold the car.

Yes call customer service on the window, and raise merry hell with 'em.

C.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:18 PM
i called customer service... talked to the guy.. nice guy.. but what can he do in all reality. basically said.. if it was something inside that caused the window to scratch.. then it would be covered... told me to take it up with the dealership. welllllll... if the dealership didn't bother to replace the window, they obviously deemed that it wasn't the motor that scratched it. for me to go back will just be a pissing match with the service manager over what really caused the scratched glass.. which ultimately lead to me leaving more stressed and nothing accomplished.

the tire situation is just disappointing to say the least. i've got probably this season and next year's left on these tires... why would i waste money and replace them... to have all this crap happen again. i'm through and done with this car and company. like comments above.. why wouldn't u try and help a customer out and fix the damn problems. if nissan will cover the bill.. y not just say... "yeah.. it was the motor, here's your new window." oh wait! of course they'd rather i paid them double the price directly!!

pathetic.. they won't even replace the clutch or mirror when there's an obvious problem... how sad.

Old 07-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by izmir41500
can't you just flip the front tires and get an alignment?
And the window should be covered since it was the motor that caused it.
is there another dealership near by?
i looked at the tires... they have an 'outside' marker on them... so they cannot be flipped on the rim. that was actually my first thought. boooooo

Old 07-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think he meant flip as in remount the tires from left to right. so pop both tires off the rim, and remount them on opposite rims.

the "easy" fix to the rearview mirror is just to give it a nice squeeze. Mine does the same thing, and I'm not even going to bother fighting with the "service" dept on the issue.

Still sucks about the customer service though. But at least i hope these little self fixes makes life a little easier for ya!

Old 07-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by noodleman
i think he meant flip as in remount the tires from left to right. so pop both tires off the rim, and remount them on opposite rims.

the "easy" fix to the rearview mirror is just to give it a nice squeeze. Mine does the same thing, and I'm not even going to bother fighting with the "service" dept on the issue.

Still sucks about the customer service though. But at least i hope these little self fixes makes life a little easier for ya!
isn't that essentially the same as just taking the whole rim with tire off and then swapping them from side-to-side? the outside marker still has to sit on the outside of the rim... so it doesn't matter if i take the whole rim off with tire or just tire... still end up mounted the same way.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:31 PM
nono, you mount it in reverse. so imagine this...(bad ascii art coming)

tire direction ^} <--left wheel right wheel --> {^ tire direction

pop off tires and swap sides

i dunno if the poor attempt at ascii art helped...lemme find a link about this...

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137762

this might help...

Last edited by noodleman; 07-05-2007 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:35 AM
nono, you mount it in reverse. so imagine this...(bad ascii art coming)

pop off tires and swap sides

i dunno if the poor attempt at ascii art helped...lemme find a link about this...

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137762

this might help...
no... like i said above... this can't be done... the tires can't be flipped. they have an 'outside' indicator. if i flip the tire... then the 'outside' indicator will no longer be on the 'outside'... it would be on the... errrr ... 'inside'. did that make sense... lmao.. too early for this crap.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:18 PM
there's a way to rotate direction tires..you just need to mount them "in reverse" by flipping the tire 180 degrees when you mount them. so the outside stays outside.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:06 PM
there's a way to rotate direction tires..you just need to mount them "in reverse" by flipping the tire 180 degrees when you mount them. so the outside stays outside.
i don't know what else to tell u... i took a couple pics of my tires

^^as u can see... only one side of the tire can face the outside of the car. it cannot be flipped around on the rim.

unless there's something that i'm not seeing... please let me know.

i think that your thinking of a tire that looks like this:

^^in which case u could then flip the tire on the rim and move it to the other side.

Last edited by giddyup69; 07-06-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:17 PM
I think you're trying to say your tire treads are asymmetrical therefore cannot be flipped.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Espresso
I think you're trying to say your tire treads are asymmetrical therefore cannot be flipped.
that would have been easier... lol... but look at my pretty pictures.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pissed... tire feathering, scratched window