Canada Serving Canada.

terrible customer service @ Infiniti Willowdale, Ontario

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Willowdale was also the dealership the declined warrenty work on my burnt out Xenon headlight. They blamed the condensation inside the headlight on me.

-E

Old 07-26-2007, 11:19 AM
hello guys....
i just write a letter which i am going to fax it to Infiniti Canada after i get my car back from them..

its not like i am hoping to change the world by one letter or anything but i hope my voice will reach some top guy at Infiniti and they can start giving us some respect..

anyways.. here is the letter that i am going to send..
----------------------------------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern:

On Wednesday July 25, 2007 I went to Infiniti Willowdale dealership on Yonge and Steeles for a TSB fix – Replace driver seat base assembly. While I was there, I mentioned to one of the service advisor Howard S. that my car has been making some clunking noise occasionally when I turn my steering wheel slowly to the left. He wrote the symptom on the report and told me he will have a technician take a look at the issue when my car is in for repair. Since Howard did not mention anything about the extra charge that might be applied for the inspection, I naturally assumed that this is free of charge given that my 2004 G35 Coupe only has 89.890km on it and the warranty does not expire until February 28, 2008.

One hour later, another service advisor Karim Mulji called me on my cellular phone and informed me that the reason why my car is making a clunkinig noise is due to the aftermarket brake pads with incorrect size and it would cost me $54.00 to trim the pads. I refused the service and he said in that case I will still be charged $54.00 for inspection so he recommended me to do the trimming and paid $108.00 ($54.00 for trimming and $54.00 for inspection). I told him the fact that I was never aware of the additional charge since no one ever mentioned it to me before I left the shop and as far as I know, Infiniti policy clearly stated that service advisor is obligated to get the customer’s approval prior to performing any billable service. Karim then said he will double-check with Howard S. and get back to me in 10 minutes.

Two hours later, no response yet, so I called back and Karim told me they have waived the charge for my inspection and my car is ready to go.

I went to pick up my car on the same day after I got off from work but since it is a little past 6:00pm (which is when Service dept close at Willowdale dealer), I had to pick up my car key from the sales department.

As I stepped into my car, I found that

1. The seat decline button (next to the back-and-forth adjustment button) on the right hand side of the driver seat is not working.
2. The seat height adjustment button (next to the decline button) on the right hand side of the driver seat is not working.
3. The seat finishers (both outer and inner) of the driver side is ripped off and falling apart
4. There is an unknown broken component left on my driver seat and I have no idea where that comes from.

I went back to the same dealer on Thursday July 26 2007 at 7:30am and learned that the technician who did the service on my car is Trevor Barry (Employee ID 38). However, they made it sound like there is nothing big deal and simply asked me to leave my car with them for another day and they will take care of it. No apologies, no explanations. The service advisor was not even willing to take a look at my car with me though the car is parked 20 steps away from his desk right outside the entrance.

My car is still with them as I am writing this letter here so I really have no idea what is going to happen to my car.

Now I am not sure if this is due to the fact that I was not willing to pay the $54.00 inspection charge or simply because I am not a “big” customer to Infiniti since I am only 25 years old and all I can afford is a 2004 G35 Coupe not a 2007 M45. Nonetheless, I chose Infiniti G35 Coupe over other luxuries brands such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz as the second car in my life because of the infamous VQ35 Engine and the reputable customer services. However, in the last two days, I have experienced the worst customer service in the car industry and I don’t think I was treated fairly as a consumer.

Seeing a huge corporation like Nissan/Infiniti doing something like this to an average consumer is unacceptable and beyond my belief. This not only jeopardizes the corporation image but also loses a long time fan of Infiniti/Nissan for years to come. I have to say that I am very disappointed with Infiniti customer service and I will strongly recommend anyone NOT to purchase a vehicle from Infiniti due to its sub par customer service.

FYI: This letter will also be forwarded to local car magazines next week.

Regards,

Robin Y
Cell: xxxx
Email: xxxx

Vehicle info: 2004 G35 Coupe 5AT with 89,890km. Warranty expire on Feb. 28th, 2008.
Vehicle VIN: xx

Dealership:
Infiniti of Willowdale
7200 Yonge Street
Thornhill, ON
L4J 1V8

Service Advisor: Karim Mulji

Technician: Trevor Barry

Old 07-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Sorry to hear about this man, i can't believe they did that.

In regards to the letter above: good letter, however, i'd remove this:

Now I am not sure if this is due to the fact that I was not willing to pay the $54.00 inspection charge or simply because I am not a “big” customer to Infiniti since I am only 25 years old and all I can afford is a 2004 G35 Coupe not a 2007 M45. Nonetheless, I chose Infiniti G35 Coupe over other luxuries brands such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz as the second car in my life because of the infamous VQ35 Engine and the reputable customer services.
Keep the letter professional, and to the point.

Also, if you have not yet submitted the letter, do specify that you are an Infiniti Club member, and so your treatment will have a dramatic impact on their business.

Good Luck.

P.S. .. If i was in your shoes, i'd rip down the walls at their dealership for treating me like that. The thing i've come to understand is that if you're not aggressive, you won't get what you deserve right away.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
IMO you should wait until you get your car back before sending the letter. It is in the realm of possibility that they will fix everything to your satisfication.
So take out the line that says, "My car is still with them as I am writing this letter here so I really have no idea what is going to happen to my car."
When you get the car back, and if you are not happy, show a copy of the letter to your service advisor ( get the correct last name Mr. S. ) and tell him you are going to also give one to the Service, Sales and General Manager as well as sending it to Infiniti. Send pictures as well of how you originally got the car back.
Let them know you will never step foot in their dealership again as you have lost trust in them and would never let them touch your car again. Don't ever go back.
GL

Old 07-26-2007, 12:36 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^+1 on removing that paragraph.

IMHO you are writing to the wrong people. I believe your letter should be written to the dealership GM and service manager first. If they are unwilling or unable to satisfy you then move to Infiniti Canada. By going to Infiniti first you give them no opportunity to make amends on their own and get them upset and on the defensive. Sending the letter to local car magazines should only be done after and if they are unable to satisfy you.

As well you should proof read your letter or have someone else do it to correct numerous grammatical errors.

G/L

Old 07-26-2007, 01:16 PM
DON'T GO TO WILLOWDALE!!!!!!!!!!! IT SUCKS ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard is so cocky.... he says "yeah we are the most busiest b/c we are one of the best ones... highest customer service rating...."

Go kiss my @ss lol

Old 07-26-2007, 01:26 PM
jsut curious. so say if i send this letter to Infiniti Canada unchanged.. waht is the worst taht can happen to me if i am not planning to go to Wilowdale dealer again...

so if they get extermely mad and pissed at my letter.. what can they possible do to me (or my car)?

Can they confiscate my car or sue me for accusing their employees?

i am not looking for any compensation from infiniti at this point ( no that i am expecting there will be any to start with..).. apparently i expect the car to be fixed to its original but if it is not possible.. i will just fix it out of my own pocket by going to some local mechanics...

Old 07-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Smartidiot
jsut curious. so say if i send this letter to Infiniti Canada unchanged.. waht is the worst taht can happen to me if i am not planning to go to Wilowdale dealer again...

so if they get extermely mad and pissed at my letter.. what can they possible do to me (or my car)?

i am not looking for any compensation from infiniti at this point ( no that i am expecting there will be any to start with..).. apparently i expect the car to be fixed to its original but if it is not possible.. i will just fix it out of my own pocket by going to some local mechanics...
buddy~ if they did anything to your car trust me..... that will be legal issue ... they won't do anything.... and from my experience..... man i call infiniti.ca many times and i even know the names of the infiniti.ca people Lol "Philip" ..... they are all @ss anyways though....

Do call infiniti.ca and fax also. You have a full right to file a complaint.... but don't expect to much... because this is no such as a thing called customer service in north america.... Make sure everytime you talk to someone.... first thing ask for their name and a way to future reference them to give them a sign that you are serious... you don't want to deal with bull sh-t. If he is giving you a hard time.. ask him to talk to someone in higher in position.... they will try to avoid that.... you can push him to do it... i recommend to record the conversation..... and cause the higher guys would love to hear it.

GOOD LUCK BUDDY! I COMPLAIN ALL THE TIME~ NO HARM DONE YET .... just free stuff or get things fix! lol Your cost is time and some money for waiting lol

Old 07-26-2007, 01:54 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Talk to customer service as Mike suggested and ask what you should do.
They may ask you to return to Willowdale to allow them to rectify the issues, or they may suggest that you go to another dealer to rectify the issues......
Ask their help.......They'll know exactly what you should do.

Don't worry about ramifications at the moment........The fact remains that you are an unhappy customer with car problems that you want (and deserve to have) rectified ASAP.

G/L and keep us in the loop.

Colin.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you don't get any satisfaction with Infiniti Canada, I would be in contact with the APA( Automobile Protection Agency for Canada).

www.apa.ca

Old 07-26-2007, 02:12 PM
PDT
I agree with others, you need to revise the letter. You are sending a formal complaint about what was done to your vehicle. You need to be formal about it as well.

"What's the worst that can happen?" they can ignore the letter and throw it away.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:26 PM
I feel for you.

I recommend you just go to Oakville Infiniti and you'll never have a customer service problem ever again. I got my oil change 2 weeks ago, got my keyfob replaced last week and just got back from getting my headlights replaced. No charges, no attitude, totally friendly service reps and quick quality work. It's worth the drive.

Troy

Old 07-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Rated M

Hmmm, the more I read of this thread the happier I become with our "one" dealer here in Halifax. I'm treated like a King when I go there, although unfortunately they are a little more familiar to me than I would like.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
Hmmm, the more I read of this thread the happier I become with our "one" dealer here in Halifax. I'm treated like a King when I go there, although unfortunately they are a little more familiar to me than I would like.
I agree Deane I was thinking the same thing about my Dealer (Guelph Infiniti). They have always fixed any complaints I have and always seem to treat me fine. Heck I can remember I left my car there for some service , and I recieved a call on my cell. They were very apologetic and I thought they really screwed something up. The problem was they finished my car but then they washed it, which is a no-no . Well they apologized steady on the phone and said, "We know we screwed up and washed your car so when you come to pick it up, please check it over and if there was a problem with anything they would rectify it". Of course all was well .
Willowdale sounds like the Dealers from H-LL.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Rated M

Originally Posted by GEE35X
I agree Deane I was thinking the same thing about my Dealer (Guelph Infiniti). They have always fixed any complaints I have and always seem to treat me fine. Heck I can remember I left my car there for some service , and I recieved a call on my cell. They were very apologetic and I thought they really screwed something up. The problem was they finished my car but then they washed it, which is a no-no . Well they apologized steady on the phone and said, "We know we screwed up and washed your car so when you come to pick it up, please check it over and if there was a problem with anything they would rectify it". Of course all was well .
Willowdale sounds like the Dealers from H-LL.
You've got a good situation there too. My local folks nearly jump over the counter to provide service. Even the techs are very helpful.

The only issue I wasn't satisfied with was the tire feathering which they basically told me their hands are tied and they know there is an issue.

Last time I was in I helped with the alignment and the tech printed out and discussed all the various settings for the G and Z different years etc.with me. It seems we may have it right finally to minimize wear. More kms will tell the story.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: terrible customer service @ Infiniti Willowdale, Ontario