Canada Serving Canada.

terrible customer service @ Infiniti Willowdale, Ontario

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
terrible customer service @ Infiniti Willowdale, Ontario

So I went to Infiniti Willowdale (Yonge and Steeles) dealership today for a TSB fix - replace driver seat base assembly

While I was there, I told their service advisor Howard that my car is making some clunking noise when I turn my steering wheel slowly to the left.

He wrote the sympton on the report and said he will haev some tech guy take a look at the issue.... since he did not mention anything about the extra charge for inspection.. i'd naturally assume everything is covered under the warranty given that I have a 04 G35 with 90,000km and the warranty doesnt expire until Feb 28th 2008.

1 hour later, another service advisor Karim called my cellphone and said the reason why my car is making the noise is because i have some aftermarket pads with incorrect size.. and its $54.00 to trim the pads...i said no to him and he told me in that case he will have to charge me another $54.00 for inspection since pads are not covered under the warranty.. so i better let them trim my pads and pay $108 ($54 for the service and $54.00 for inspection).

i told him i was never informed about a bill of $54.00 before i left the shop and according to Infiniti policy (acutally i believe this applies to all makes), they cannot perform any bilable service before getting customer's permission..

so he got kidda upset and said he will double check with my service advisor Howard and called me back in 10 mins.

2 hours gone, no calls yet... so i called back and Karim said they've waived my inspection charge and my car is good to go.. ..

i went to pick up my car at the end of the day and because it was past the service dept office hour, i had to get my car key from the sales dept..

As i stepped into my car, i found that

1. The declining button on the right hand side of the driverseat is not working.
2. THe heigh button on the right hand side of the driver seat is not working

3. The seat joing cover (don't know the exact name here) is ripped off on both sides

4. there is an unkown broken component on my driver seat.. don't know where that comes from.

I have used my cellphone to take some picture of this nightmare and here i am jsut wondering what my options are..

I don't know if they do this to my car on purpose because i insist not paying that $54.00 service charge or they simply dont respect me as a customer since i am only 25 years old and all i can afford is a 04 G35 Coupe....

i wanna know if there is a consumer complaint association or any sorts where I can file an official complaint to Infiniti Willowdale dealer.

I know some guys might think that I am over-reacted here but i have worked my *** off and i am loving my car to death..

so seeing that a huge dealership liek them did something this low to me car is unthinkable........

any suggestoins are highly appreciated...

i will try to post some pictures later...

Last edited by Smartidiot; 07-25-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
your first move should be to document the damage in writing and photos. once you have done that, give them a chance to correct their mistake. if this ever went to legal action you need to show that this opportunity was given to the original vendor.
if they refuse to correct the problem, or attempt and fail, then you can move further with legal action/complaint commisions.

make sure you document your conversations, who you spoke with, dates, times etc...

let's see some pics...

Old 07-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ like the above poster said and if that doesnt work call infiniti customer relations.

Btw, I have a noise when I turn my steering wheel. Is there a tsb?

Old 07-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I would agree, their service department has the worst service. Howard is very unprofessional I strongly suggest you stay away from them. A possibility would be also to call Infiniti Canada to register a complaint and have them speak to the dealer as well.

Hope you get it sorted out

Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
It gets better & better with these a$$hats.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Holy shiznitts Smartidiot, all of this sounds like a real bad dream .
I think canucklehead had the right idea as to the action I would take.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm so tired of a$$hat dealerships. sorry to hear what happened. i had a similar problem with my seatbelt. wasn't retracting properly.. they took it apart and found my boomerang installation somewhere in there. they billed me for taking the seatbelt assembly apart and then did nothing to the actual seatbelt (blamed the boomerang). i called my boomerang guy and had him move it. well.. i still had the same problem with the seatbelt. went back and they replaced the mechanism... but do u think they ever owed up to the first charge on my seatbelt? nope. even though the boomerang had nothing to do with it. a$$hats!

Old 07-26-2007, 08:51 AM
thanks for the support guys....
at least now i know i am not the only one who is being so protective of my car
so i went back to the service dept. this morning and they made it sound like this is nothing big deal... the service guy Karim wasnt even willling to go take a look at my car with me.. (its parked right outside the door.. about 20 steps away from his desk).

as i asked the name of the technican who did the service yesterday ,Karim became alert immediately and asked me why do i need the name...... and later told me it is Trevor Barry

oh well.. since i am single, un-married, no babies or wife to take care .. i have the world of time to deal with this issue.. (yeah i am that bored and nearly perfectionist)

i guess i am gonna start by writing a letter to Infiniti Canada and forward the same letter to some local car magazines in 5 business days if a response is not heard.....

i will keep you guys posted if anyone is interested here...

thanks again.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Smartidiot
i guess i am gonna start by writing a letter to Infiniti Canada and forward the same letter to some local car magazines in 5 business days if a response is not heard.....
You go boy! *snap*

Old 07-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Most Stealerships have little or no moral intergrty. How about we take a poll and decide which on is the worst. Then lets have a meet at that place and circle it with our G's flying banners like;
Bottom of the Barrel service starts here.
Inept technican's need not apply. We have a full compliment already.
Rodney Dangerfield Gets No Respect. Here, Neither will you.
XXXXXX takes no responsibility for their mistakes and makes YOU pay.
Poor Service, High Rates, No Followthrough, Come On In.
Put the breaks on your automotive enjoyment HERE!
Only the cars have character here.
You get the idea. Any other slogan's you can think of?
Gotta stop now cuz I'm gettin PO'd.
I'd be up for something like this.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The Late , Great Rodney Dangerfield

My wife only has sex with me for a purpose. Last night, she used me to time an egg.
It's tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet
she won't drink from my glass!
Last night, my wife met me at the front door. She was wearing a sexy
negligee. The only trouble was, she was coming home.
A girl phoned me and said, "Come on over. There's nobody home." I
Went over. Nobody was home!
A hooker once told me she had a headache.
I went to a massage parlor. It was self service.
If it weren't for pickpockets, I'd have no sex life at all.
I was making love to this girl and she started crying. I said, "Are
you going to hate yourself in the morning?" She said, "No, I hate myself
now."
I knew a girl so ugly that she was known as a two-bagger. That's when
you put a bag over your head in case the bag over her head comes off.
I knew a girl so ugly, they use her in prisons to cure sex offenders.
My wife is such a bad cook, if we leave dental floss in the kitchen,
roaches hang themselves.
I'm so ugly I stuck my head out the window and got arrested for mooning.
The other day I came home, and a guy was jogging, naked. I asked
"Why?" He said "Because you came home early."
My wife likes to talk on the phone during sex; she called me from
Chicago last night.
My family was so poor that if I hadn't been born a boy, I wouldn't have
had anything to play with.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:28 AM
PDT
Sorry to hear about the problems. Hopefully they will rectify them all for you. If you are writing a letter, forward it to the GM of the dealership too.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:32 AM
I've had two similar experiences with Howard at Willowdale and then switched to Agincourt where the service was no better.

I don't have the time to run all around the city to find good customer service so I just get my local mechanic to perform any work that needs to be done....it's worth it even if I have to pay for something that would be covered under warranty.

I am a Manager at a Toronto area Chrysler dealership and if I knew our service guys were treating people like this they would be fired and first of all Chrysler wouldn't stand for it either. Our customer service index for service is one of the main reason's we qualify as a Five Star Dealer.

I think with Infiniti there are so few dealers in the city that they realize that we don't have much choice, so they can treat us like crap.

I absolutely LOVE my G35 ,but am in the process of selling it because I get a company vehicle....the one thing I won't miss is the worst service I've ever experienced in my life.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
The Late , Great Rodney Dangerfield
More good Rodney-isms:

My wife's so ugly, when she walks into a room the mice jump up on chairs.
My doctor said I was fat, I said I wanted a second opinion, he said, "Okay, you're ugly, too!"

Old 07-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks Sam and Wayne for the laughs. It was great stuff to break up all the unsatisfactory service stories on here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: terrible customer service @ Infiniti Willowdale, Ontario