Canada Serving Canada.

Block Heater Re-Route

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Block Heater Re-Route

So whoever installed my block heater at the dealership here decided it would be funny to route the plug so it was sticking out between the very bottom of the front bumper and the black, bendable plastic that acts as an air dam under the front chassis. This deformed the black plastic to the point where I could fit 3 fingers in it . . . a nice way to accumulate snow in the front of the car during winter. So I drew from my days of Honda Civic ghetto modding and re-routed it and fixed their mistake.

I threaded the block heater cord behind the front license plate infront of the area for the tow-hook to be screwed in. So right now it is tie strapped and hidden behind the license plate, and in a much more accessible area for the winter time when I need to plug and un-plug the car.

As for the black plastic under the car, I used 2 screws and forced it back into place since pushing it back wasn't cutting it.

I'll take some pics and post them soon if anyone is interested in how to route their block heater cord without messing up the front end.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:39 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I've done this many times myself since I've been unhappy with the location the dealer has chosen......I usually route mine up to the engine bay area since I have my hood up most of the time in the garage and find this most convenient.

C.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good job Koloman.