Canada Serving Canada.

Warranty/Recall Service on Cars Purchased in the US

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Warranty for US Purchased Cars

I visited Hyatt, the Calgary Infiniti dealership this weekend. They are playing hardball with Canadians that purchase vehicles from outside Canada. Basically they are telling me that I cannot get regular scheduled warranty work or needed warranty repair work performed at their location. The way they stated it is that they will not book appointments, I can drop my car off for service in the morning, but if it doesn’t get done that day too bad. Hyatt’s current back log of service work extends 2 weeks. So in effect they are stating that regular scheduled warranty work will not be performed. Hyatt also stated that all recall work or other warranty work must be handled in the US.

Has anyone heard of this before? What can be done to get service in Calgary?

Old 10-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by CalEd
I visited Hyatt, the Calgary Infiniti dealership this weekend. They are playing hardball with Canadians that purchase vehicles from outside Canada. Basically they are telling me that I cannot get regular scheduled warranty work or needed warranty repair work performed at their location. The way they stated it is that they will not book appointments, I can drop my car off for service in the morning, but if it doesn’t get done that day too bad. Hyatt’s current back log of service work extends 2 weeks. So in effect they are stating that regular scheduled warranty work will not be performed. Hyatt also stated that all recall work or other warranty work must be handled in the US.

Has anyone heard of this before? What can be done to get service in Calgary?
An associate here at work was looking at bringing up a G35 or Altima coupe from the States. He called Nissan Canada and they told him that warranties would be honored. So, I don't know how that would apply to the Infiniti line.

Go straight to the source and confirm everything for yourself. Get it in writing and take it to the dealership.

Personally, I don't have much love for Hyatt.

Good luck.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Hyatt seems to bring that response out in people. I guess when you don't have competition you don't require customer satisfaction or customer service.