Canada Serving Canada.

2008 Summer Cruise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2007 | 07:15 AM
Traveling Administrator
I know that Cape Breton has been talked about by a few of us. Also, if our dollar continues to be strong, going somewhere south of the border might be a good idea as well. Just a thought.

Old 11-20-2007 | 08:01 AM
|
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
I already have one long cruise south planned for next summer....
I wouldn't mind staying a little closer to home for the G cruise this time.

You guys ever consider doing Ontario?
Besides the big smoke.....
There's tons of great driving & scenery around Georgian bay, spots like Tobermory, Niagara Fall etc. etc.
I have an unyet explored route (personally), given to me that's supposed to be the Ontario "Tail of the Dragon" (IKD though... maybe a baby dragon )

I definitely want to get to Cape Breton again......
but the following year would probably suit Pat & I better.

What's everyone else have in mind???

Old 11-20-2007 | 08:44 AM
i'm keeping an eye on this thread. might join everyone depending what's going on and when.

Old 11-20-2007 | 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
I already have one long cruise south planned for next summer....
I wouldn't mind staying a little closer to home for the G cruise this time.

You guys ever consider doing Ontario?
Besides the big smoke.....
There's tons of great driving & scenery around Georgian bay, spots like Tobermory, Niagara Fall etc. etc.
I have an unyet explored route (personally), given to me that's supposed to be the Ontario "Tail of the Dragon" (IKD though... maybe a baby dragon )

I definitely want to get to Cape Breton again......
but the following year would probably suit Pat & I better.

What's everyone else have in mind???
I think that would be great if we could coax the EC'ers into coming this way, as long as it would work out for Deane and Shane. It is definitely something to think about, K and I are fairly flexible as to where we go. We could always do the Cape Breton Run the following year.
I'm sure where ever we decide Karen and I will be there .

Roman that would be cool if you could join us and perhaps AthensBlueG will come again this year

Old 11-20-2007 | 05:26 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
^ folks, we may be open to something in Ontario if Cape Breton is out for this year. I expect to be pretty busy this summer so may have to limit time somewhat though.

Old 11-20-2007 | 05:43 PM
Ian and I just threw out a feeler since we drove east the last two trips. We understand with your new commitments Deane, that it might not be doable. If thats the case we will be coming your way .
We have lots of time to decide. Irregardless, I won't be missin our late night chats
Note :the best time for us is the last week of June and the first week of July since K is getting major surgery in the spring and the fall and it's difficult for her to get any other time off work.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 11-20-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-20-2007 | 06:35 PM
Traveling Administrator
Anissa and I are up for whatever, we'll go where the crowd goes. We've got two other trips planned for next year, so we may be somewhat limited for time as well. How much time do you think we'd need to do a decent Ontario trip coming from the east coast?

Old 11-20-2007 | 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Anissa and I are up for whatever, we'll go where the crowd goes. We've got two other trips planned for next year, so we may be somewhat limited for time as well. How much time do you think we'd need to do a decent Ontario trip coming from the east coast?
Shane We always took our time and took a couple of days to travel to the East Coast. Last year we spent our first night in Riviere de Loup, but we were really boogieing.
I would say 2 days each way and at least a week here.

Old 11-20-2007 | 06:56 PM
|
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Shane We always took our time and took a couple of days to travel to the East Coast. Last year we spent our first night in Riviere de Loup, but we were really boogieing.
I would say 2 days each way and at least a week here.
Yeah... that's what it was for us last year.
we traveled the weekends & had the cruise sandwiched in between.

As Wayne says... we're also open to what works best for everyone.
Early summer would be best for us also... our *other* cruise is the end of Aug.

Old 11-20-2007 | 07:19 PM
Traveling Administrator
I know I will be limited to one week at the most. Anissa goes back to work from maternity leave in February and she only has 3 weeks vacation. Two of those weeks will be chewed up due to two other trips we are taking. We'll work something out though.

Old 11-20-2007 | 07:21 PM
|
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
For sure.... We've got lots of time to mull it over.

Old 11-20-2007 | 08:12 PM
Brian
Howdy folks! Shane just made me aware of this thread...
This descendant of Nova Scotian heritage is up for anything. East, West, North...way North (Nunavut, perhaps?) In all seriousness though, maybe Newfoundland or Labrador? I don't know anything about these places, but I wonder...

A one week Canadian excursion would be more to my liking this time around...I have a couple of other vacations I'd like to try and squeeze in next during the course of 2008. A total of 5 weeks off would be easier for my boss to swallow than a total of 6.

But I'm already sold on the idea of another roadtrip with you guys. You're all such a great group of people to travel with, and we had so much fun last year...the possibility of NOT going never even entered my mind. I've actually been telling people that I have plans to go to Cape Breton next summer...that's how sure I am that I'll be joining you fine folks once again. But if it's not Cape Breton, I don't mind - wherever we go will be something new for me, and that's good enough! But can we leave the dulse at home, Shane? And I would like some more of those Homard rolls that Wayne likes so much. lol

What's Canada like as you drive further north of the US border? Who among you has been the furthest north, and do you think it would make for an interesting road trip? I just wonder what the heck is up there...

Old 11-20-2007 | 08:28 PM
LOL, Good stuff Brian. I forgot about the Homard rolls, but I still remember Cod tongues and some of your other taste treats that you were always ready to try out.
I agree Shane can keep his dulse.

That would be great if you could join up with us again. I can hardly wait .

Lots of fun ahead

Old 11-20-2007 | 08:55 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by GEE35X
Ian and I just threw out a feeler since we drove east the last two trips. We understand with your new commitments Deane, that it might not be doable. If thats the case we will be coming your way .
We have lots of time to decide. Irregardless, I won't be missin our late night chats
Note :the best time for us is the last week of June and the first week of July since K is getting major surgery in the spring and the fall and it's difficult for her to get any other time off work.
Thanks Wayne. I have to check with H but I think June 27 would be her last day of school. Yes, those late night chats will be welcome.

We're looking forward to working something out that suits everyone as best we can. Remember, Ian, P, H and me met in Lake Placid a few years ago now.

Old 11-20-2007 | 08:58 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
Howdy folks! Shane just made me aware of this thread...
This descendant of Nova Scotian heritage is up for anything. East, West, North...way North (Nunavut, perhaps?) In all seriousness though, maybe Newfoundland or Labrador? I don't know anything about these places, but I wonder...

A one week Canadian excursion would be more to my liking this time around...I have a couple of other vacations I'd like to try and squeeze in next during the course of 2008. A total of 5 weeks off would be easier for my boss to swallow than a total of 6.

But I'm already sold on the idea of another roadtrip with you guys. You're all such a great group of people to travel with, and we had so much fun last year...the possibility of NOT going never even entered my mind. I've actually been telling people that I have plans to go to Cape Breton next summer...that's how sure I am that I'll be joining you fine folks once again. But if it's not Cape Breton, I don't mind - wherever we go will be something new for me, and that's good enough! But can we leave the dulse at home, Shane? And I would like some more of those Homard rolls that Wayne likes so much. lol

What's Canada like as you drive further north of the US border? Who among you has been the furthest north, and do you think it would make for an interesting road trip? I just wonder what the heck is up there...
Great to her Brian.

I've been north in Manitoba, B.C, Newfoundland, and Alaska. Newfoundland would make an incredible driving trip however I don't know everyone would be willing to travel that far, take the time or take their cars on the ferry.

I'm with you on the dulse.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Summer Cruise