Canada Serving Canada.

A few winter pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giddyup69
this is the only one i've got on my computer here at work.....

it's from last year. but it's only a matter or time before we get it again. not to mention ... the snow has already come early this year !

Looks like a decent amount of the white stuff there.. How did the car drive? Do you have dedicated winter tires?

Old 12-08-2007, 04:57 AM
Hey has anyone had a problem with their car door not wanting to close with the nice easiness (in winter)the door would normally in warmer weather? I noticed my door has to be slammed and I baby my vehicles so it takes to or 3 progressivly harder closing attempts to get it to stay shut. It gets much worse as the weather gets colder.....and it normally almost falls shut under its own weight.. Anyone experience this and what was the remedy?

Old 12-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^move to a warmer climate.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by G35Sask
Hey has anyone had a problem with their car door not wanting to close with the nice easiness (in winter)the door would normally in warmer weather? I noticed my door has to be slammed and I baby my vehicles so it takes to or 3 progressivly harder closing attempts to get it to stay shut. It gets much worse as the weather gets colder.....and it normally almost falls shut under its own weight.. Anyone experience this and what was the remedy?
Everything gets stiffer in the cold (on your car, anyway ). Rubber seals are the culprit.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by interalian
Everything gets stiffer in the cold (on your car, anyway ). Rubber seals are the culprit.
It is good to treat all the weatherstripping with a silicione emulsion in the spring and fall, they stay much more pliable and do not freeze.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
It is good to treat all the weatherstripping with a silicione emulsion in the spring and fall, they stay much more pliable and do not freeze.
Too true. I washed the G last night and by the time I got home to my heated garage the doors were frozen shut. Fortunately the seals didn't tear... I need to take my own advice and emulsion my seals.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lubricate the door latch as well. They tend to seize up in the cold weather.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I posted a few snow pics here in the photography section. They aren't pics of my G (since it's embarassingly filthy at the moment), but winter pics nonetheless.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Not exactly the same. Earlier in the week, after brushing off the snow I got in the G and shut the door. Really loud noise and door wouldn't close, bounce open. WTF, got out and looked at the door, lock etc. Nothing amiss. got back in and it shut just as usual. As I backed up I saw pieces of my snow brush in the bare spot where the G had been parked. Yeah, half of the plastic snow brush was on the floor in the back where I had thrown it ( obviously not hard enough ) and the other half ........... dam heavy door.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I read people were doing that but it slipped my mind.. I've never treated the weatherstripping on any of my vehicles before winter and this is the first one to give me problems like this.. I guess I will be going to pick up that GM brush on silicone treatment in a bottle I read about.

Originally Posted by 35bills

Lubricate the door latch as well. They tend to seize up in the cold weather.
Will do, any special type or brand for that... Jiggaloo? lol

Old 12-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Rated M

^someone was saying that don't carry it anymore. I've been meaning to get in and see for myself.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by whatacar
Not exactly the same. Earlier in the week, after brushing off the snow I got in the G and shut the door. Really loud noise and door wouldn't close, bounce open. WTF, got out and looked at the door, lock etc. Nothing amiss. got back in and it shut just as usual. As I backed up I saw pieces of my snow brush in the bare spot where the G had been parked. Yeah, half of the plastic snow brush was on the floor in the back where I had thrown it ( obviously not hard enough ) and the other half ........... dam heavy door.
Of course *I've* NEVER done anything like THAT before.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by RBull
^someone was saying that don't carry it anymore. I've been meaning to get in and see for myself.
Wonder what the next best product would be?

Old 12-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I read people were doing that but it slipped my mind.. I've never treated the weatherstripping on any of my vehicles before winter and this is the first one to give me problems like this.. I guess I will be going to pick up that GM brush on silicone treatment in a bottle I read about.

Will do, any special type or brand for that... Jiggaloo? lol
Funny you mention Jiggaloo. My dad just purchased some from Can Tire a couple of days ago. I think its along the lines of WD-40.

I would use some white lithium grease on the door hinges and latches.

Last edited by 35bills; 12-09-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by 35bills
Funny you mention Jiggaloo. My dad just purchased some from Can Tire a couple of days ago. I think its along the lines of WD-40.

I would use some white lithium grease....
I ran out of silicone juice last year so I tried out Aerospace 303 Protectant on my trucks weatherstripping and Zaino Tire dressing on my G's weatherstripping. They both seemed to work quite well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A few winter pics