Canada Serving Canada.

Navigation Memory

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Navigation Memory

Well guys just about to pick-up my new car and I would like to erase the locations I have in my Nav. Is it as easy as just pulling the Positive wire for a period of time and thats it or is there another way??

Much appreciated in advance..

BTW I picked up a 2005 Lexus LS430 UL Black on Black. Needed the space with the new addition to the family and I miss my former Lexus so it was a no brainer.. Dealership gave me $24500 for my 2004 G35 Coupe with Nav and Auto does that sound reasonable??

Old 01-18-2008, 03:39 AM
Nope, it stores it in flash memory. I suggest you enter a new home address. Or i believe under setup or settings, there are options for deleting stored addresses.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:42 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 2SAVVY
BTW I picked up a 2005 Lexus LS430 UL Black on Black. Needed the space with the new addition to the family and I miss my former Lexus so it was a no brainer.. Dealership gave me $24500 for my 2004 G35 Coupe with Nav and Auto does that sound reasonable??
Congrats on the new ride. How many Kms on the G. The price sounds right if you had low kms. Maybe a little on the high side . Probably not since you gave it to a dealer.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:49 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Well guys just about to pick-up my new car and I would like to erase the locations I have in my Nav. Is it as easy as just pulling the Positive wire for a period of time and thats it or is there another way??

Much appreciated in advance..

2SAVVY, Go into 'Settings' and then 'Navigation' for a menu that includes "Erase Navigation memory" -- Disconnecting the battery will not erase stored locations nor will it erase any stored codes in the door opener..... Don't forget that one if you have it.....

Colin.

Grats on the new ride -- Hope you'll still 'hang out' with us and tell us all about it.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Colin & Jason,

Thank you very much for the directing me to the erase function on the NAV. Just went out and did the deed. Also Colin thanks for the reminder about the homelink memory to be erased will do that as soon as I close the garage tomorrow morning.

whatacar,

My G has 54,000 kms and is in pretty much perfect condition. Dealer was really impressed too. Traded it in with the Injen Intake & Ground Wire Kit too which doesn't add any value as you all know but I didn't feel like taking them out. Original tires and rims are in above average condition just one front rim as a slight mark.

Sold my 20's in minutes after I told my neighbour across the street with a 350Z that I sold the G.

Never owned a black car so this will be a new experience but I couldn't pass up on this LS430 it is mint (except for the paint) and I knew the previous owner. Except for the paint on the bumpers front and rear which I had them repaint as part of my deal and Lexus Reflections the in house detailer is going to wet sand two small areas that were slightly scratched and Multi-Step compound the entire car.

Might have to call Kevin to come out in the Spring to get it to the next level then it should be perfect.

As for this forum it is one of the best Canadian Forums on the web so i'll still be around..

Anyways here is a picture of the new ride after I got the deal done last Saturday.. I'll post more details this weekend after I get the car tomorrow..

Ken

Old 01-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Nice.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:46 PM
UPDATED PICTURES in this thread on ClubLexus..

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329211

Thanks again all for your thoughts and advice when I had the G.. Most appreciated!!

Ken

PS: Next meet in the GTA hope you all won't mind a big luxo sedan to pop in to visit especially after I get done adding some VIP style to this ride!!

Old 01-20-2008, 03:00 AM
This is the look I am going to try to achieve.. Hope J R on CL doesn't mind me posting a picture of his car.. Full face wheel looks perfect on the LS430..

Ken

Attached Thumbnails Navigation Memory-ls-20s.jpg  
Old 01-20-2008, 08:43 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
UPDATED PICTURES in this thread on ClubLexus..

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329211

Thanks again all for your thoughts and advice when I had the G.. Most appreciated!!

Ken

PS: Next meet in the GTA hope you all won't mind a big luxo sedan to pop in to visit especially after I get done adding some VIP style to this ride!!
Glad to help out, Ken.....Our brother and sister 'G's' here are a very special group and are always willing to help.

Look forward to seeing the new whip....

Colin