Canada Serving Canada.

'07 display screen problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'07 display screen problem

Sometimes when I start the car the display screen doesn't light up. When this happens it's possible the radio and HVAC also don't work but often do although I can't tell what's going on since the screen is blank.

Anybody else ever find this problem? No nav, just premium package/Blowse stereo...

Dealer has been advised, tried to duplicate on last service but couldn't do it.

TIA,
Anthony

Old 02-13-2008, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by interalian
Sometimes when I start the car the display screen doesn't light up. When this happens it's possible the radio and HVAC also don't work but often do although I can't tell what's going on since the screen is blank.

Anybody else ever find this problem? No nav, just premium package/Blowse stereo...

Dealer has been advised, tried to duplicate on last service but couldn't do it.

TIA,
Anthony
That same thing happened to me a few times, it was very intermittent and absolutely impossible to reproduce in the presence of a service tech. It hasn't happened to me in several months. (knock on wood)

Old 02-14-2008, 09:55 AM
does it maybe have to do with the cold weather? may take longer to warm up and come on?

i just got a new bmw.... and i notice when i'm going home from work... the screen takes a little longer to come on.. i just assumed it was from sitting in the cold all day. i don't seem to have the problem in the mornings when the car is in my garage.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
does it maybe have to do with the cold weather? may take longer to warm up and come on?

i just got a new bmw.... and i notice when i'm going home from work... the screen takes a little longer to come on.. i just assumed it was from sitting in the cold all day. i don't seem to have the problem in the mornings when the car is in my garage.
I thought that too when it first happened because it was quite cold out, but the second time it happened to me the car was parked all day in my nice warm heated underground parking space. The screen doesn't just take longer to turn on, it doesn't turn on at all. The screen always turned on after I restarted the car a couple of times.

When it was really cold last February I got a message on my screen that said it was too cold for the hard drive to start up, but normal operation would resume when the temperature increased.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
I thought that too when it first happened because it was quite cold out, but the second time it happened to me the car was parked all day in my nice warm heated underground parking space. The screen doesn't just take longer to turn on, it doesn't turn on at all. The screen always turned on after I restarted the car a couple of times.

When it was really cold last February I got a message on my screen that said it was too cold for the hard drive to start up, but normal operation would resume when the temperature increased.
It has done it to me both on cold days and after being parked in my heated garage all night. I keep it at +10C at all times, to h3ll with the $$$.