Canada Serving Canada.

Mini Cooper S JCW as DD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2008 | 09:21 AM
i used to own a 2005 cooper s and got the jcw package about 1/2 a year later. it was a great car. never had any problems with it. fun as hell to drive and a real convenience in the city. gas mileage was obviously great at around 9.5 l/100.

they are pricey though.. are u looking at a used one? brand new, expect to pay over $40k once u add the extras and taxes... and even higher if you're gunning for the jcw add-on.

Old 05-07-2008 | 12:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by giddyup69
i used to own a 2005 cooper s and got the jcw package about 1/2 a year later. it was a great car. never had any problems with it. fun as hell to drive and a real convenience in the city. gas mileage was obviously great at around 9.5 l/100.

they are pricey though.. are u looking at a used one? brand new, expect to pay over $40k once u add the extras and taxes... and even higher if you're gunning for the jcw add-on.
wow thats pricey, i was only looking to spend around 35$ with the JCW.. but i guess thats not realistic. The funny thing is that the exact same car with JCW and everything costs about 27 across the border.. what a ******* rip off!!!

Old 05-07-2008 | 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by martino17_1998
wow thats pricey, i was only looking to spend around 35$ with the JCW.. but i guess thats not realistic. The funny thing is that the exact same car with JCW and everything costs about 27 across the border.. what a ******* rip off!!!
i'm pretty sure the car starts at $30k for bare bones. personally i would never purchase it like that. just not worth it for what u get.... everything is an option on this car.

Old 05-07-2008 | 02:38 PM
|
Originally Posted by giddyup69
i'm pretty sure the car starts at $30k for bare bones. personally i would never purchase it like that. just not worth it for what u get.... everything is an option on this car.

I wonder if BMW is willing to transfer the warranty from American mini's

Old 05-07-2008 | 03:04 PM
It's Showtime**
Premier Member
I am going to stray a little off topic here. My daughter has a 2007 mini and she gets about 8.7L/100KM city. My winter car is a 2007 2.5 SL Altima and I get 9.1L/100KM city. Not sure how this is possible but if milage was the criteria and not the fun factor, the Altima is an amazing car.

Back on topic. The mini is a hoot. Great car, fun to drive and with Blizzacks, winter is no problem at all. My daughter leased hers. Not an "S" but loaded up and she pays $ 375.00/ mth. About the same as an Altima actually.

I am a fan of the mini. Not sure I would buy one used but would not hesitate to lease one.

Old 05-07-2008 | 04:04 PM
|
Originally Posted by telegramsam
I am going to stray a little off topic here. My daughter has a 2007 mini and she gets about 8.7L/100KM city. My winter car is a 2007 2.5 SL Altima and I get 9.1L/100KM city. Not sure how this is possible but if milage was the criteria and not the fun factor, the Altima is an amazing car.

Back on topic. The mini is a hoot. Great car, fun to drive and with Blizzacks, winter is no problem at all. My daughter leased hers. Not an "S" but loaded up and she pays $ 375.00/ mth. About the same as an Altima actually.

I am a fan of the mini. Not sure I would buy one used but would not hesitate to lease one.
maybe ur daughter has a heavy foot std. mini's should average 7.1L/100KM

Old 05-07-2008 | 05:57 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by shilohap
Don't mean to be a smarty pants but which one is it? Is the suspension good or bad? re-read the above paragraph.
You're not being a smarty pants; what I said makes perfect sense.

The suspension is awesome in the sense that the car has a tight rebound, good turn in, is super planted, etc... For track use the stock suspension (sport) is good, which can't be said for many stock suspensions.

However, like I said, for day to day use it *can* be jarring, it's very tight. That's the con to having a very stiff suspension.

Make sense now?

Originally Posted by martino17_1998
I wonder if BMW is willing to transfer the warranty from American mini's
The warranty is fully transferable. JCW Mini's can not be imported. Regular Coopers and Cooper S's can. You lose the 4 year free maintenance (which isn't much anyway). You need a recall clearance letter ($500), and may need a DRL cluster change (~$1800+).

Old 05-08-2008 | 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Picus
You're not being a smarty pants; what I said makes perfect sense.

The suspension is awesome in the sense that the car has a tight rebound, good turn in, is super planted, etc... For track use the stock suspension (sport) is good, which can't be said for many stock suspensions.

However, like I said, for day to day use it *can* be jarring, it's very tight. That's the con to having a very stiff suspension.

Make sense now?
Agreed, Cooper has one of the best stock suspension I've driven, possibly better than G35 and 350Z's suspension. Very stable and tight around corners. The only issue comes up is the S has too much power and kept peeling off exiting the corners