Canada Serving Canada.

Dry Lawn Already

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2008 | 08:02 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
^yeah, with that and the rain and the saint john river overflowing one would think it wouldn't be dry there!

Old 05-18-2008 | 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by RBull
^yeah, with that and the rain and the saint john river overflowing one would think it wouldn't be dry there!
According to the weather forecast for Rothesay, they are to get rain tonight and later through the week.
The temps still look to be a couple degrees warmer than here.

Old 05-18-2008 | 09:31 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by GEE35X
According to the weather forecast for Rothesay, they are to get rain tonight and later through the week.
The temps still look to be a couple degrees warmer than here.
Yeah, I checked it out too. Temps are about exactly like here although today they might beat us a by a few degrees. They're only forecast for 10mm so not a whole lot of precip. We had 20.3mm yesterday so everything is nice and damp and with the coming warmer temps things should start to blossom.

Our temps are nearly always a couple of degrees warmer than the weather network says since their stations are close to the coast especially the one in Dartmouth. They're showing 10 for Dartmouth now and at home in the shade here on 2 thermometers I've got 15. Their high forecast of 15 for us is way low. We'll hit 20.

I had a idea you folks might be warmer than us now but I guess that will come in another month or so. We'll be at 21 or so and you'll be up into 30!

Old 05-18-2008 | 09:33 AM
It's been pretty cool and damp here the last couple of weeks. Brrrrr

Old 05-18-2008 | 09:41 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
It's been pretty cool and damp here the last couple of weeks. Brrrrr
Your warmth is on the way soon. Get ready for some great boating/fishing this year. With K off and recovering you guys will have a lot of fun on the water!

Old 05-18-2008 | 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by RBull
Your warmth is on the way soon. Get ready for some great boating/fishing this year. With K off and recovering you guys will have a lot of fun on the water!
Looking forward to it. It will be a few weeks before K will be up to that . She is doing great though, she can straighten her leg right out and can bend it 90 degrees so far. She is still using a walker but putting full weight on it. I've discovered a new meaning to the title Mr Mom .
I will probably get my boat out os storage next week and start getting it ready.

It's raining really heavy here right now. Hope it stops soon so I can clean up the G for the 2 hour trip to the G meet tomorrow.

Old 05-18-2008 | 10:07 AM
Rated M
Premier Member
Looking forward to it. It will be a few weeks before K will be up to that . She is doing great though, she can straighten her leg right out and can bend it 90 degrees so far. She is still using a walker but putting full weight on it. I've discovered a new meaning to the title Mr Mom .
I will probably get my boat out os storage next week and start getting it ready.

It's raining really heavy here right now. Hope it stops soon so I can clean up the G for the 2 hour trip to the G meet tomorrow.
Good to hear about K. I hear you on Mr. Mom. We went through that a couple of years ago when H had her operation!

Have fun with the clean up. I'm going to do a full clean up on the G in another month or so.

We're full sun now and a little breezy. It's the best day for the Bluenose Marathon yet in it's 5 year history. Every other year it's been raining and/or near hurricane conditions!

Nice to be thinking of preparing the boat! If I was there I would be able to learn something about them from you.

Shane, sorry for the thread rob. Maybe we start a thread that's just titled "chatter" for us Canucks.

Old 05-18-2008 | 02:32 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
LOL... that's the way they all seem to go

Old 05-18-2008 | 05:30 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
^Yeah. eventually they all do.

Just like conversations in person!!

Old 05-20-2008 | 04:02 PM
been rainy most of the weekend, and cool, only made it up to 6 yesterday... had the nice warm weather earlier. the hot, dry weather is good for business though...
as for grubs and such, they're already popping up around here, the west island has been pretty much decimated, and most of the effective treatments are illegal here, there's a lot of cross border shopping for insecticides going on... (the ontario border that is).

Old 06-06-2008 | 03:38 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Well, our weather has been crap lately. It's not bad today (sunny and 21), however the last couple of weeks or so has been quite cool and a lot of rain. I wish our summer would hurry the hell up and get here. We had better weather the last half of April and first half of May than what we've been getting recently. On the bright side, my lawn is no longer dry due to all of the rain and is nice and green once again.

Old 06-06-2008 | 03:42 PM
oh wow, you even do the angled cutting, not a pain in the neck to do?

Old 06-06-2008 | 03:47 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Nope, I don't find it a pain at all. I mow my lawn four different ways so I am not mowing it the same all of the time. I'm kinda **** about maintaining my lawn though.

Old 06-06-2008 | 03:56 PM
Looking good Shane, ours is nice and green and I am cutting it every 3 days.
I just finished cutting it and it is 31C out.
It's my Anniversary I should be relaxing.

Old 06-06-2008 | 04:00 PM
|
Traveling Administrator
Looking good Shane, ours is nice and green and I am cutting it every 3 days.
I just finished cutting it and it is 31C out.
It's my Anniversary I should be relaxing.
I have been cutting mine every 3-4 days as well. I can't stand not having a neatly mowed lawn. And I am very jealous of your 31C temps. I wish it was that warm here.

CONGRATS on your Anniversary buddy!!! Tell K that I said congratulations as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dry Lawn Already