Canada Serving Canada.

GTA Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2008 | 11:48 AM
|
Originally Posted by God|ZIlla168
But we did not walk over to them to check out the civic.

Now there was this one big old fella who dives a civic that came over. I was wondering since the civic was to get good miliage with that extra weight he must be getting the same consumptions as our car. LOLDOMO

Old 06-19-2008 | 04:23 PM
LOL, so jokes. He was a nice guy, but I dunno why he goes. IMO, I would be embarassed to be hanging out with people that much younger than me. Dude was easily in his late 40's - early 50's, and all the rest of them looked like 16-18 year old punks.

Old 06-19-2008 | 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by IVRY PRL
LOL, so jokes. He was a nice guy, but I dunno why he goes. IMO, I would be embarassed to be hanging out with people that much younger than me. Dude was easily in his late 40's - early 50's, and all the rest of them looked like 16-18 year old punks.
I guess you would make fun of me also if I showed up at a G meet. Guess I better make it a point to not go if you will be there.
signed: The Old Fart

Old 06-19-2008 | 05:12 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
Originally Posted by GEE35X
I guess you would make fun of me also if I showed up at a G meet. Guess I better make it a point to not go if you will be there.
I'm equally as shocked. You're speaking for a lot of us. Well said.

Once a car enthusiast always a car enthusiast. Age is no barrier.

Old 06-19-2008 | 06:06 PM

Gosh, Gee wiz I am in that age bracket too. Age should not matter at all, good to see young guys come out top the Older guys meets hahah

Remember us older guys were having car meets before you were born.

Old 06-19-2008 | 07:41 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
^
^
^
well put guys....

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:22 PM
Ahhh, words fail me. ...... No they don't. You can't judge a book by it's cover, if you do you're like the officers that pull over our cars because they can go fast. Thought police are not here yet .... Hmmmmmmm, forgot what I was talking about, must be because I'm an Old Fart ....... and proud of it.
So much more to say, but I forgt hwo 2 spl.

Remember us older guys were having car meets before you were born.

And gas was $0.25 a gallon. Yup, they used to sell it by the gallon in Canada a long long time ago in gas stations that sold no milk or bread. Places like Texaco, BP, ESSO and they put a Tiger in you tank as well.

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by GEE35X
You'll go you OF, cuz you'll forget you were PO'd at who???

Old 06-19-2008 | 10:26 PM
Waah, way to get all defensive
IMO, if an older gentleman showed up to a G/Z meet, there'd be nothing wrong with that. The point I'm trying to make is not that he is too old to be a car enthusiast, but that he has nothing in common with a bunch of teens. I guess that's why he spent so much of the night talking with us instead. They were doing burnouts, and just generally being silly and immature, even I would not go to a meet like that again, and I'm only 5 or so years older than them.

Old 06-20-2008 | 09:07 AM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Waah, way to get all defensive
IMO, if an older gentleman showed up to a G/Z meet, there'd be nothing wrong with that. The point I'm trying to make is not that he is too old to be a car enthusiast, but that he has nothing in common with a bunch of teens. I guess that's why he spent so much of the night talking with us instead. They were doing burnouts, and just generally being silly and immature, even I would not go to a meet like that again, and I'm only 5 or so years older than them.
LOL, indeed, IVRY.....Like you, we try to avoid those "burnouts" and other 'antics' -- They attract way too much attention and only spell trouble don't they......

As far as "old farts" , young farts and any farts in between.....we make 'em all welcome , and enjoy talking cars to anyone (thankfully even non Infiniti/Nissans... )..

Cheers from the most senior Old Fart,
Colin

Old 06-20-2008 | 10:47 AM
Old Farts=Mature Farts!!!!

Old 06-20-2008 | 08:26 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
There is a difference between a car enthusiast and children getting stupid.

Old 06-20-2008 | 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by 35bills
Old Farts=Mature Farts!!!!
Good thought Bill, more like OF contactitus. Frame of mind eh.

Old 06-24-2008 | 10:48 AM
So is there going to be another meet scheduled in a bit more advance to ensure more than 2 G's show up at the meet?
i like that the 350Z friends come as well as the G's and all ages are more than welcome at any meet.
so any proposed dates for a regularly scheduled meet, bi weekyl or monthly at the vaughan mills parking lot near the timmy's?

Old 06-24-2008 | 11:31 AM
|
I love to go to the weekly meets but weds are no good plus is way too far for me to track up there every week. Should have came out to speedstar that day was pretty good.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTA Meet