Canada Serving Canada.

Radio Lights Flicker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Lights Flicker

Hoping I can get some feedback here, if not, I'll post in the Audio Section later.

Driving home from the office I've noticed this a couple of times. I'll look down at the radio display (premium package - Bose system - no add on's) and I'll notice that the lights are flickering ever so slightly.

The first time I saw it, I thought it was my eyes playing a trick on me after a long day at the office, but I've noticed it more frequently subsequent to that initial occurrence.

Any idea's???

When I took it in for an oil change (just a local shop) the technician said that it could be the battery or the alternator. Was kind of surprised to hear that. The technician then recanted stating that it couldn't be anything serious and that I shouldn't concern myself with it.

Again, any idea's/suggestions would be helpful. I don't have any relationship in place with any dealerships in Toronto having recently relocated to this area.

Cheers,

'06

Old 06-09-2008, 10:02 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
No, Not charging system or battery....

Pretty sure that could be a problem with the head unit and hence warranty. I seem to remember something way back about this.
YOu could look in Infiniti recalls and TSB's on their site for some info. Pretty sure there's a TSB on it.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Infiniti/Models/

Mention it to the dealer ..... He should know about that, and G/L and let us know what you come up with.

Colin.

Last edited by Msedanman; 06-12-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:01 PM
okay - an update

Let me start by saying "Thank you." to Colin. I appreciate the feedback.

Now, as for the current situation. Last night, the head unit flat out died on me. Lights on the unit just went dark, period. Then, somehow, it seemingly turned on and I could read the station details, however, no sound whatsoever.

I grabbed the mobile and made a call, and the Bluetooth picked up. Soon as I disconnected, same thing, no display, no sound, no radio, no cd.

While sitting at a red light, I cycled the car off/on and then the radio came up live again. I immediately ejected all my cd's and the radio has been functional as of last night.

Will certainly be getting the dealer's attention on this and soon! Will keep you posted. If anyone has any idea's/experience, please let me know.

'06

Last edited by ohsix; 06-13-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:42 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sure sounds like the head unit is crapping out bro.

G/L with the fix and keep us in the loop.

C.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
^^^ good call Colin

Old 06-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
& don't forget to take the CDs out b4 you go.
If they pull the HU you might not see them again.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:29 AM
UPDATE:

Took the car in a few days ago. The guys behind the desk seemed familiar with the issue. They asked me a few questions and I waited about 20 minutes.

I was told that they were ordering a new radio for me and they would call to advise when it arrived so we could schedule the installation.

All warrantied.

If anything else develops, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Update

Alright, so it's a few months later. I'm still without a radio.

The dealership never contacted me, and I had to follow up with them several times. My schedule being what it is and with all the in and out of town travelling, I haven't been able to get in to get it installed.

I was advised that they wouldn't do an installation on a Saturday.

So now I'm trying to negotiate a decent time to get it installed ... sheesh. Whatever ever happened to the notion of "service"?

And then dealers and dealerships wonder why clients/customers don't return or have no appreciation for them ... the saga continues.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Negotiate for a loaner vehicle for the day during the week...maybe they would be good enough to give it to you since there has been such a delay.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 35bills
Negotiate for a loaner vehicle for the day during the week...maybe they would be good enough to give it to you since there has been such a delay.
This should be no problem as you have waited so long and this is a warranty issue.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Alright, here is the sad but true update on this issue.

Brought the car in at 7.30a on a Monday (09/22/2008). Was advised they wouldn't do it on a Saturday.
Was told it would be done in an hour minimum to an hour and a half maximum.
No loaner provided, no loander offered. Was declined on the request for a loaner and was asked if I needed a ride instead (Mississauga to downtown NOT covered in the drop/pick zone)
Waited for the repair to be completed.

One hour passes.

One and a half hour passes.

Two hours pass.

Two and a half hours and I get my car. I go out to inspect the car, and the inside is a mess of paperwork. Admittedly, I keep a lot of paperwork in my car but they left it sprawled out on the passenger side of the car.

The radio worked. (Or seemingly so). They decided to replace the cup holder, which was fine by the way.

Later that night, I see that the lights are still flickering!

I also noticed that one of the panels was not properly re-installed, now its hanging.

The six cd changer makes loud noises as it changes cd's - this is entirely new.

And the ashtray (part of the original complaint) still does not open upon releasing.

Fun stuff.

I advised of each issue, and now I'm waiting for an ashtray and they want to see the car (again).

I'd use an expletive to express my frustrations but I'm trying to keep it family-friendly.

JEEZ-US
ETCH
KER-RISTE!

'06