Canada Serving Canada.

Dealership dropped my factory rim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2004 | 07:00 PM
|
Dealership dropped my factory rim

Hi guys, I am back. Yep, back from the winter... and here's we start our nice Toronto summer.

Here's the issue I am frustrating about these couple days.

Last Friday I decided to bring back my summer T/R to dealership and change my winters off my car. That day, my girl's intuition already gave me an uncomfortable feeling of something mite go wrong with my fragile rims... So there, Agincourt got a mechnics to unload my summers from my other car to the garage. And as me and my mom's heads turned away, Mr. Mechnics dropped one of my rims on the floor, and YEP my baby rim is scratched.

So now... the dealership is admitting it's their fault, the resolution they offered is to refinish my rim, SO.... can anyone give me suggestion of whether I should refinish it. One thing most worrying me is that, my refinished rim will turn out different and things mite go wrong down the role in couple years... They do have 1-yr warranty, but still worries me. Of cuz it's gonna look good rite after it is done, but what about couple years down the role???

[b][i]G35cp-5AT+PerformPk+Silverstone/graphite+AllTinted
See me? Light twice, honk once then smile

Old 04-27-2004 | 07:21 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni
Re: Dealership dropped my factory rim

Welcome back Prettyprincez. Nice to hear from you.

If it were my rim I'd explain how I feel to Agincourt and tell them that I want a new rim. Tell them it's the only thing that'll make you happy. Not too much to ask anyway.
If you don't get anywhere with the service peeps, go in and talk to the owner. I'm sure he'll/she'll accomodate you.

Look forward to seeing you at our next meet. Should be mid-May. I'll put an extra coat of Zaino on the fender you'd like to lean on. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Good luck with the new wheel. Be firm.[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>
<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 04-27-2004 | 07:32 PM
|

HAHA, making sure next time I'll not wear some'in like jeans to sit on with...

See, one of the problem is that, they mentioned "repair" as in "refinish" and I now regret that I didn't comment on that. And I was about to send my car back to do it... What should I do? I'll be seeing him tml again... argh...

[b][i]G35cp-Silverstone+AllTinted

Old 04-27-2004 | 07:44 PM
O.F. Administrator
Staff Alumni

Tell them you've thought about it and changed your mind. You've also been advised to get a new one.
I'm surprised they didn't give you the choice of replacing the wheel.
No matter, tell them you want new, and that a refinish isn't good enough.
Flash them a 'Prettyprincez' smile. They'll give you what you want. You deserve it.

Wear what you like to our next meet. Altho next time, I'll have my cam ready.......[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
GSM

<font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 04-27-2004 | 08:12 PM
04 G35 Coupe 6MT Gold Brembo’s

I agree, I would ask for a new wheel also -- but IF they totally refuse and you end up going the refinishing route, you (hopefully) shouldn't be able to tell that it was refinished, assuming they do a good job...

I had two of my AMG rims refinished on my previous car and I was surprised at how good they turned out... they looked 100% good as new, with new clearcoats applied.

The place that did it took a month and a half to get them done however, so I can't really recommend them -- really disorganized. But refinishing the two wheels only cost me $200 cash, which was pretty cheap I think.

Since I traded that car in when I bought the G, I wouldn't be able to vouch for the long-term durability of the refinish job. But I would imagine that as long as the clearcoat remains intact and the work is done right, the durability should not be affected. However if the lip of the rim was at all bent, even slightly, then I would refuse the refinish and demand a new rim.

I would first try to get that anyway. I would just argue that the dealership's negligent handling caused damage to your property, and their responsibility is to now replace it with property of the same condition -- which is new, not refurbished... i.e. why should you accept a refurbished item when you had a perfectly good one to start with, etc.

Good luck, hope it works out and they replace it!

2004 G35C 6MT + Nav, Silverstone

Old 04-27-2004 | 08:22 PM
|

I've advised two of my friends, they said it's quite impossible to ask for a brand new one since my rim is not brand new to start with... however asking for a 2/3-yrs extended warranty is a must and if they refuse to do that, I'll use the "asking for brand new" as a bargining chip. Is it good?

Old 04-27-2004 | 08:49 PM

If they absolutely refuse to replace the rim then sure, asking for a 3-year warranty on the refinish is a good idea. If I were the dealer I would view that as a fair compromise.
Just make sure you get it in writing.

Old 04-27-2004 | 08:58 PM

Me too scratched my rim while trying to put it on, to me it's not a big deal, i'll just find some paint from wal-mart and make it not as noticable. Anyways, how much did Agincourt charge you for replacing the rims?

Old 04-27-2004 | 09:52 PM
|

They are the one who dropped my rim, of cuz they have to charge nothing to "refinish" it, the thing is I am still not quite happy with the "refinish" state.

One thing is that there're two approaches for tml. One is that I ask for NEW if not I'll ask for extended warrantee. (but that I'll look silly, becuz they for sure not giving me a new one)

The other approach is the other way around, that I ask for extended, for say, 3-yrs, and that is a MUST. If they do not compromise on that, Then I'll threat them from asking for a new one, so they gotta please me with something...

However obivously, of cuz I would prefer a new one.

Old 04-27-2004 | 10:02 PM

I think Neohh meant how much did Agincourt charge you just for taking off the winters and putting on the summers?

(That's very easy to do yourself by the way... less than 20 minutes work... if you wanted to save time/money in the future...)

In any case good luck with your dealer, hope it works out okay for you.

Old 04-28-2004 | 04:42 PM
|

I was charged $50 to change and balance my summers, what a stupid ripped off... >o(

I went back today, with my prepare unhappy look and stating my worries, thruout all this time, I was being dealt with someone so-called Assisted-Service Manager (PETER), I am telling all of U beware this guy, <red>HE IS AN A$$HOLE</red>

I was being treated BADLY, UNFRIENDLY, and I even got BLACK FACED Staring, WTH, they were the one who's at 100% fault, HE was giving me a feeling that I was the one at fault and turning to be ME begging him???? WTH...

So ended up I talked to the real Service Manager, she offered me the 3rd option, which I am more satisfied. They are gonna find a similar year G coupe and exchanging the rim over.

---------------------------------------
I am asking to all of the Bros and SIs's, if U R doing UR service in Agincourt Infiniti Nissan, BEWARE THE PETER GUY, he is a JERK. But please dun get me wrong, the dealership service is ok, JUST HIM.

And I am writing a complaint letter regarding his poor treatment to the dealership.

Old 04-28-2004 | 10:13 PM

Ah, forget about that jerk that you dealt with... people like that are not worth getting upset over... the bottom line is they're replacing your wheel with a new one! Yay!
It's almost summer! Hooray!
The Leafs just won tonight! Whoo-hoo!
You got your summer tires on! Yay!

See... there's lots to be cheerful about! Don't let one idiot get you down.

By the way, $50 is not too bad for changing your wheels...that's only about $12 bucks per wheel... not that bad...

I just got a $20.00 parking ticket downtown yesterday because my meter expired 5 minutes before I got back to my car... so don't feel so bad -- I totally wasted my money, you on the other hand did not...

Anyway, I'm sure you'll forget all about the bad experience soon.
I would follow up with the real service manager and make sure they exchange the wheel without too much delay, and I would only deal with her from now on.

;-)

Old 04-28-2004 | 10:19 PM

Another bad report about Infiniti service people. I hope someone from Infiniti reads the forum once in awhile to see where improvments need to be made.
I'm going to ask a question to all the Canadian members that have had their G's for at least 6 months. How have they found the quality of overall service at their local dealership?
I personally haven't heard too many good stories about the dealerships in the Toronto area except for a couple.
Alot of money was spent on purchacing an Infiniti. One would think that the service dep't would treat us with a lot more respect than they seem to do.
PP, sorry to hear of your troubles. I purchased my car there and am also not impressed with the service dep't. I scheduled for some routine maintenance. Now I'm having second thoughts about going there.

Don't bother about going to a dealership for tire rotation. Just ask a Gbrother to help out. It takes about half an hour to do.
Hope to see you at the next meet.

35BILLS

Old 04-28-2004 | 11:02 PM
|

Thanx to all bros, appreciated.

Yea I'll keep that all in mind, and hopefully Nissan Canada knows all these in the near future and confess for it...

)

Old 04-28-2004 | 11:16 PM

Me too has bad experience with them. Their service department seems to have attitude problems and forgot who is the customer. Anyways, one quick question, is it necessary to do the balance everytime you change wheels back?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealership dropped my factory rim