Canada Serving Canada.

pricing for these watches in Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pricing for these watches in Canada

Hello.. I am the guy who created the thread "26 years old man looking for an entry level watch under CAD $2K" earlier on the fine living forum...
After some thoughtful research both online and in real life, I have set my eyes to these watches...
1.(most favorite one) Tag Heuer Carrera Automatic Chronograph
Most reputable watch retailers in Toronto Canada quote me CAD$3200 all-in

http://static.flickr.com/19/104631797_6e4b580424.jpg

2. Tag Heuer Aquaracer Automatic Chronograph.
Most reputable watch retailers in Toronto Canada quote me CAD$2700 all-in

http://www.mappin-and-webb.co.uk/images/watches16.jpg

3. Oris TT3 Chronograph with metal band (least favorite one)
No idea how much it would cost

http://cdn.overstock.com/images/prod.../L11190965.jpg

Now my question is, how much should i make an offer (in CAD $) for each watch on the above list so that it sounds reasonable (won't get my *** kicked out of the door) yet not offensive to both parties? Please keep in mind that I will be buying my watch in Toronto, Canada and i will be buying it from a national-wide reputable retailer....

Since I am not looking to buy it from any online stores, I understand that the price is going to be somehow a bit more expensive.. however, i am willing the spend that extra money just for a peace of mind...

oh and also.. the type of watch that i am looking for (as i believe i have mentioned in the other thread) will need to meet the following criterias:

1. No used watches (too much hazzle)
2. Automatic Chrongraph
3. sapphire crystal case
4. black dial, metal band
5. Do not like Seiko
6. around CAD$2000 - $3000 (i was originally aiming for under 2K, but i can't find any good ones in range..... )

So If any of you have suggesions other than the ones on my list.. please feel free to share them with me...

Your help is deeply appreciated. ....

To the Mod, i know this is not a watch forum, but this is the only forum I visit on regular basis and i seem to be having a hard time finding a watch forum..so please don't move my thread.. thanks!

Old 08-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Smartidiot

To the Mod, i know this is not a watch forum, but this is the only forum I visit on regular basis and i seem to be having a hard time finding a watch forum..so please don't move my thread.. thanks!
lol... looks like CDN content to me
good luck with your search.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
I don't know much about wrist watches or where to find out whole sale prices for help in negotiating.
That being said, even if you do not want to buy online, which I fully understand, I would still use some online pricing as a guideline.
I think I found one similar to the choice #2 TAG, on Ebay, and the new buy it now price is $1990Can. Thats a long way off $2700.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-TAG-HEUER-AQUARACER-AUTO-CHRONO-MENS-WATCH-CAF2110_W0QQitemZ250277036274QQihZ015QQcategoryZ31387QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262PS...Nice looking watches!

Old 08-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I wouldn't spend 10% of that on a watch and if I did I'd be driving something a lot more expensive than a G.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:20 PM
take a look at omega's. I would stay away from rolex's since they are now more known for their name then there quality. Tag's are nice too. Birks has a good selection of watches but they may not be as willing to negotiate prices. I would say if you are looking at a $2700 watch you may be able to get a price drop to around 23-2400. Or try going accross to the states in buffalo, Jared jewelers near the walden galleria. I have found they are quite willing at times to negotiate prices but the only problem is if you are calling advance to get an idea of price before heading down they will not provide any price info over the phone. good luck with your search.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
It's only money, JK
For most people a good watch will outlast any car they own and it doesn't cost as much as a G (new or used)

Old 08-08-2008, 05:38 PM
kjo
Tag, Omega, Breitling are in your category. Not sure why you are focussed on buying from a store in town, since buying from a reputable place or seller online could save you 50%. Have a look at www.timezone.com for possible purchase of a used watch (under community, sales corner). Don't let 'used' scare you off. I have bought numerous watches from this site and saved significantly. Just don't let my wife know what I've been up to.

Last edited by kjo; 08-08-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Too bad you are not interested in used as i have seen both an oris and aqua master for under $1000 each.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I really like my Omega Seamaster.

Attached Thumbnails pricing for these watches in Canada-omega-seamaster-007-professional.jpg  
Old 08-08-2008, 07:23 PM
hello guys.. thanks for all the inputs..

it's not that i don't wanna buy used watches.....i mean.. having to spend over CAD $2K on a watch (which i consider a luxury item)... i am really scared to get some knockoff as many of you know it is really easy to make replicas that look idential to authentic ones... (from what i know.. even some Swiss watchmakers make Rolex, Breitlings replicas just to fool people ).. and since 99% of watch brands do not allow their auhtorized dealers to sell watches online. it really makes me wonder where all their watches come from....

oh.. and i too like Omega watches very much.. however, they are way outta my price range (an Entry level Omega Speedmaster Professional is starting at CAD$3400 and the one i like, Speedmaster Recuded starts at 3600.00).. i was originally planning to spend around $2300 (all-in) only...

does anybody know where can i buy used "AUTHENTIC" wathces in Toronto?!?!

if i could get the Tag Carrera AUto Chro for under 2K that'd be super!

Old 08-08-2008, 08:56 PM
go to birks on bloor st, there maybe other locations not sure. try European Jewellery at yorkdale as well for authentic watch dealers.

your best bet though would be a small family owned type since you have the best chance of barganing on price.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the Tag Heuer Carrera and it was $3.2K, it's a fantastic watch and get a lot of compliments.

Omegas are nice and I've been looking into Breitling as well.

Now the Tag Heuer Grand Carrera just came out recently and I think that's going to be my next watch. Check it out.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I think you need to consider when buying automatic watches. They typically need to be serviced every 5 years. However, if you go with Omega Co-Axio movements, they will only need to be serviced every 10 years. I would suggest to go to Troy, Michigan to buy your watch - like Someset Mall, you should be able to get your Omega within your price range. US is much cheaper ~40% than Canada. Good luck.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
go for a Breitling Emergancy if you got some money to spend my dad has one its an amazing watch

Old 08-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by lekker_droom
I have the Tag Heuer Carrera and it was $3.2K, it's a fantastic watch and get a lot of compliments.

Omegas are nice and I've been looking into Breitling as well.

Now the Tag Heuer Grand Carrera just came out recently and I think that's going to be my next watch. Check it out.
hello Lekker_drrom.. from what i know.. both European Jewllers and Birks are selling Tag Carrera for CAD$3.2K tax-in.. so does that mean you didn't bargain at all??? Some poeple on the forum told me that you can ask for at least 15% - 20% off the listed price.. ...does that also apply to these large watch retailers?

your advice is appreciated!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pricing for these watches in Canada