Canada Serving Canada.

Purchasing a 2008 G35X nav, tech in Calgary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2008 | 02:29 AM
|
Question Purchasing a 2008 G35X nav, tech in Calgary

Hello, I been lurking around for a while and finally decided to go with a G35x, just for the AWD or else I would have gone with the lexus IS350, anyways my question is this, how would you manage to get a good deal if there is only one infiniti dealer in town, I live in Calgary, Alberta and Hyatt Infiniti is the only dealer available same with Edmonton, I believe the same group owns it as well. I was thinking of going with lexus instead for the great customer services, but I like infiniti the way the it looks and feels more than the IS350.

Anyways what type of discount should I aim for I now the invoice price is $47,927.00 and right now the dealer is getting a Non-Stackable Merchandising Dollars/Factory to Dealer Rebate of $6,000.00 or Merchandising Dollars/Factory to Dealer Rebate of $4,000.00 , according to Carcost I was thinking of offering $43000, since they have only one left on the trim that I like, but I was also thinking of waiting for the 2009 model and pay MSRP and not save anything, what do you guys think I should do?

Old 09-15-2008 | 06:04 AM
Honestly, I'd pop down to the closest U.S dealer and see what deal could be had before I gave our money grubbing Canadian dealers a dime. But that's just me.

Old 09-15-2008 | 05:09 PM
|
Well I would like to do that, but I heard is a pain in the *** to get warranty work done at this dealer, if the vehicle is from the US. I don't want to go through that that is why I decided to just pay up extra, that is why I need to know what type of offer should I put in?.

Old 09-15-2008 | 05:14 PM
Have you talked to those guys yet? The line I got from them was "we don't deal". Fine. They didn't get my money, either.

Talked to anybody who actually bought a car there? Interalian, wgmg35, Christian? They might have some advice.

Old 09-15-2008 | 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Have you talked to those guys yet? The line I got from them was "we don't deal". Fine. They didn't get my money, either.

Talked to anybody who actually bought a car there? Interalian, wgmg35, Christian? They might have some advice.

LOLz - I'd say buy mine but it would get me banned. No nav though...
I've nothing positive to say about this dealer.

Last edited by audiophool; 09-15-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-16-2008 | 09:34 AM
|
Btw Interalian did you manage to get them move on the price of your G and when did you purchase yours, if you don't mind me asking?.

That is the only reason why i don't want to purchase a G35, the really horrendous service and I'm sure they are not going to budge on the price since there is no competition, btw Swivelhips I did talk to them about 6 months ago when I test drove one, but we didn't discuss a price.

I might go the US direction, if is to much trouble I'll just go to lexus

Old 09-16-2008 | 10:49 AM
I was by there the other day; I had gone to Deerfoot Meadows to the Nissan 'event' just to get an up close look at Godzilla, so I figured I was close, I'd swing by to see if they had a 37 Sedan. A little early for that, I guess. But I sat in a G35xS sedan and oh boy....nice...

Old 09-16-2008 | 11:10 AM
I really tried to type something that sounded nice about Hyatt Infiniti but really had a sarcastic tone, it just wasn't working for me. That dealership is TERRIBLE you will have trouble with warranty service with them even if you buy your car here for full MSRP and take all the extra warranty and accessories they offer. I'll never set foot in there again.

As far as pricing goes, I bought my car before it was released in September or October of 2006,so I didn't get any discount. They gave me the same line as SwivelHips, but I made the mistake of falling in love with the car before making a deal.

Buy from the US, and if they give you trouble with your warranty make sure to call Infiniti Canada.

BTW the 08Xs is an amazing car, you'll love it. I hate the Hyatt Group, not the brand.

Last edited by Christian; 09-16-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-16-2008 | 03:01 PM
|
I was thinking of getting a broker to find me a 08x, but if warranty work is going to be a pain I'll just go with another manufacture, is a shame though I really like how the sedan feels, and looks. after test driving both I liked the G35 better , I should have never test driven the G lol,

Old 09-16-2008 | 04:25 PM
Hyatt has been nothing but rude to me whenever I go there. I called about used G35's they had on the lot and setup a test drive with one of the dealers.

When I arrived the car was outside warming up for me.(winter) Sounds good right?

The car was so dirty I couldn't see out the back or any of the rear windows. The side ones were barely clear. I booked this test drive 5 days in advance too so it's not like they didn't have time to clean the car. The interior was pretty clean but not shop detailed.

I talked to the dealer and he said that I could go ahead and get in the car and he would be right there with the loaner plate.

I sat in the car for 25 minutes and waited then I went back into the building. The dealer was talking to someone else so I had to interupt. He said that there were no more loaner plates and that one should be right back. I also pointed out that the car was filthy and that I couldn't see out the windows and that test driving in a car I dont' know well is not that easy on calgary winter roads. He said that he would have someone come squeegy them.

I went back out and waitied more.....and more... 20 more minutes. (I nearly went on the test drive with no plate alone). He comes out with the place and a paper towel. He smears the windows a little and gives up.

I drove the LR 2005 6mt. It was nice but I was so angry by this point I didn't care of the car was free I just wanted to drive it through the glass window, park it in the wall...get out and toss the keys to the girl at the front desk and say. "you might want to have that window looked at". lol

I have since been back 2x to look at car's in the lot but I make sure I go on sundays when there are no sales people there.

Horrible service, horrible people.

Old 09-17-2008 | 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by SANTOS29
Btw Interalian did you manage to get them move on the price of your G and when did you purchase yours, if you don't mind me asking?.

That is the only reason why i don't want to purchase a G35, the really horrendous service and I'm sure they are not going to budge on the price since there is no competition, btw Swivelhips I did talk to them about 6 months ago when I test drove one, but we didn't discuss a price.

I might go the US direction, if is to much trouble I'll just go to lexus
Yes, I did get them to move on the price and did my entire negotiation by e-mail. I ended up around $1200 under but did buy undercoating and clear bra (yes, I know that was stupid since they're very high margin dealer adds, but it was my first virgin car).

As for service, every issue I've raised has been resolved, but some were like pulling teeth. My car had a serious wandering problem which I tried to have them resolve on 2 separate occasions but was told "the service manager drove your car and says it tracks normal". Only after a seriously snotty e-mail from me due to another problem (loose oil filter) did they agree to put it on the alignment rack (I'd requested this from the start). When they racked it they found that while the toe was in spec, the wheels weren't centered - causing the car to miss-track due to camber/caster differences "off center". Don't get me started about the 5k/3mo oil change demands and their hopelessly out-of-synch service reminder letters which keep bugging me for service when my car has 1/2 the mileage of their reminders.

I should have leased this car for 2 years instead of buying it so I could be giving it back to them next January...

Old 09-18-2008 | 08:38 AM
I was across the street from there yesterday shopping for a small SUV for my in-laws, so I decided to wander across and see wassup, maybe they had a 37 Sedan (they didn't). Ended up chatting with sales guy Siegfried, he was nothing but nice and polite to me. I wanted to drive a 35xS but they had none left, so we drove a GE on wheat 35X. Wow. Nice car, and $6G's off. But I'll wait for a 37xS.

Old 09-21-2008 | 02:52 PM
|
Well I emailed Hyatt infiniti for a quote 2 days later nothing, I checked their inventory and they don't have any left in the color and package configuration left. The only dealer that has vehicles with the packages that I want is in Edmonton will try to see if I can grab a deal if not i'll just go the US way.

Keeping coming guys thanks for all the advice.