Canada Serving Canada.

Markham Infiniti a place to avoid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Markham Infiniti a place to avoid

I just wanted to post my experience with Markham Infiniti as a heads up to anybody that is considering purchasing a new vehicle with them. I'll keep the post to bullet points as typing everything out in detail will just take too long and raise my blood pressure..lol

I recently purchased a G37S from them and was actually impressed with Bill Stephen through the deal negotiation. He sounded very honest and like he would provide good service however as soon as I signed on the dotted line things went south. Here is a recap of a few things...

- they overpromised on the delivery date just to close the deal. They promised one week and it took five weeks
- they failed to live up to their promises of updates. The deal closed on a Friday and Bill said he would give me a call on the following Monday to let me know for sure when the car would come in. Monday and Tuesday came and went with no call. This same thing went on for the entire 5 weeks. They promise to call me at a certain time and then there was no call.
- Bill gave me his cell phone number to call him at if there were any problems with the sale. I called him to complain about the late delivery of the car and the failed promises. At the end of the sale he basically told me off for calling him on his cell phone.
- I traded in a vehicle with a lean against it. It was over three weeks from the time they took ownership of the vehicle and when they finally decided to pay it off. I called and yelled at them several times and they told me that they had other customers (i.e. I'm not important) to deal with, they also blamed it on the finance department vs. accepting responsibility and resolving. This meant that I was paying interest on two vehicles the G37 and the trade in. They offered no form of compensation and tried to pass it off as "mistakes happen".
- Finally I had negotiated a winter tire package at a discounted rate when negotiating the sale. I had Bill put it in writing (which he did on the back of a business card- ghetto!). I recently called up to have them honour the deal and they are refusing. Their reason is that they weren't able to get the tires from their original supplier, however they can help me out through their new supplier but it would be double the price! When I stood ground and insisted that that was their issue and he needs to honour the deal he basically hung up on me.

This has honestly been the worst experiences I have ever had with a car dealership or any purchase for that matter. I've called and written to Infiniti letting them know that it's a shame that their brand gets deteriorated by service like this. I love the car but will never do business with Markham Infiniti again.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sure beats the time they made me wait 20 minutes to see if they had a QX1 paint pen

Old 10-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Kmacke, if you did a seach in the Canadian forum, you would have seen that we would not recommend to service our cars there. If you went in for sales, the sales folks would not acknowledge you as a customer. You have two options, call Infiniti Customer Service and complain to them about their antics as well as ask for Helen Chin's phone number to speak to her directly. I believe Helen is the owner. I had formally filed a complain to Infiniti's Customer Service.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Oggie

Thanks for the info.. and trust me if I had of found this forum before I bought the vehicle then I would have avoided them.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Sorry to hear about your run around.....
It's a shame that the fun of getting a new car gets spoiled like that.

I know it's too late for you now, but there are good alternatives in the GTA.
There are several dealer threads worth searching out in this section.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Ya that place is horrible! Well at least you got a nice ride

Old 10-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by kmacke
- Bill gave me his cell phone number to call him at if there were any problems with the sale. I called him to complain about the late delivery of the car and the failed promises. At the end of the sale he basically told me off for calling him on his cell phone.
So sorry. Aholes are everywhere. If I had Bull shirt Bill's cell # I think I'd call him ( repeatedly ) and tell him I'd like to buy a new G37, but not form him. and perhapse he could give me the name of one satisfied customer who was not his wife? Hmmmmmmmm satisfied may be the wrong word cuz he must be tired from Doing it to his customers.
Call HO for WIW.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by kmacke
- Finally I had negotiated a winter tire package at a discounted rate when negotiating the sale. I had Bill put it in writing (which he did on the back of a business card- ghetto!). I recently called up to have them honour the deal and they are refusing. Their reason is that they weren't able to get the tires from their original supplier, however they can help me out through their new supplier but it would be double the price! When I stood ground and insisted that that was their issue and he needs to honour the deal he basically hung up on me.
You might call the Better Business Bureau and complain.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by whatacar
You might call the Better Business Bureau and complain.
I've already contacted the BBB. I've also talked to a lawyer friend and he recommends taking them to small claims court... If I do I should let everybody here who has had a bad experience know so they can all show up and laugh at Markham Infiniti..lol

Old 10-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
thanks for the heads-up, I would hate to see any customer being treated like this at any place... not to mention when you are paying 50K ...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Really??? I got my G37S from markham and didn't have so much trouble. I got mine over a long weeend. It was delivered from japan in less than a week. Although I agree with the not always calling back. I had to call them. But that was for window tinting, not delivery of the car. Service dept wasn't bad. And I dealt with dennis there, not bill

Old 10-10-2008, 09:09 PM
When you have your interior scratched (left and right doors) and not having your bolts properly tightened then you will say differently. I too tried to get a price from them but they wouldn't give me a decent discount on the car. Furthermore, their misc. charges/fees are higher than other dealerships.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Markham Inifniti

As we all know, the are three sides to every story. You are embellishing detalis to suit your attempt to trash my business. Your first statement on delivery sets the tone for your entire argument. You purchased the vehicle on April 26, 2008. We explained clearly that the car was at Sea from Japan and would arrive in about 1 month. You stated that you would like to have it for the may long weekend, which we said was a possibility, but not guaranteed. Your statement of a week for delivery is purely false and you know it. When we realized that the car was not going to make it until shortly after that May long weekend, I offered my own identical G37 for you to drive.(somehow that didn't make it into your story). On the Saturday that we wrote the deal, I stated that I would keep you posted as the car got closer. Your expectation of a call every day for the next month was not anticipated, as we where very clear about the wait time. When you called me on my cell the following Tuesday or Wed, I allowed you to treat me like some kind of inferior being for several minutes before I asked you to discuss this when I was at work the next day, as I was enjoying dinner with my familly. I understand that your expectations may be different than that of the average consumer, but agressive demeaning behavior towords the people you are trying to deal with will never get you the service you are expecting. I admit that we will not always be perfect, but when mistakes happed like the delay in paying out your existing vehicle, we will do our best to fix them. I believe that we did pay you for the extra interest, but I will confirm that on Tuesday and re-post the answer next week. I have been doing this for a long time, and we are not the Third largest Inifniti dealer in the country for no reason. I would be happy to help anyone on this forum personally with anything they need, including special pricing on vehicles and part/service. In the end, I hope that you find a dealer in the city that can take care of you and your G for the years to come.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:49 AM
they are not very good. i went to get my alignment, but they said there is only so much they can adjust??? ummm.... i have fornt and rear camber kits. i dont buy that BS. its because they are not very good. such a simple job and they still cant even handle it.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by civeng88
Real It was delivered from japan in less than a week.
Don't take this the wrong way....

HORSE APPLES! The trip from Japan is a minimum of 30 days on a car hauler ship. Unless they loaded it on a jet and flew it over, you got one that was already in transit or on some other dealers lot.

Mine was ordered as no dealer in the US had one on the lot (sedan 6MT sport). It took over 90 days to get here. 30+ of that was in transportation.

Last edited by Texasscout; 10-12-2008 at 12:46 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Markham Infiniti a place to avoid