Canada Serving Canada.

Affordable Tires change in GTA or closeby

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Affordable Tires change in GTA or closeby

Hi to everyone..
just like a lot of u guys, i am surprised because of the early snow, seems like worse winter is coming on the way.

Funny thing Agincourt Nissan called me today.I did my oil change with them, on mid july, asking me to come for a lube change. I'm like " lube change, weren't you supposedly to a full lube and oil change i came here, do i need another one in 3 months. ) funny people.

anyways i asked how much they charge for tire change.

$59.99 if the tire comes with rims
$100 + for if i am bringing my tires and rims seperate,

and aligning is not included, after hearing the prices i did not even ask.

So anywhere close in GTA closeby does same job affordable? i am not even going to drive that much (max 20-30 days during the winter) so i don't know if i need alignment for winter tires.
Simone performance is option but just for tire change spending gas and miles did not seem logical.

I do not have the tools to do it myself.
so once again I am relying on you guys' expert opinion.

Thanks in advance.
musti

Old 10-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
"Tires 23" in Mississauga, 401 and dixie area.

1380 Matheson Blvd. E. Unit 5 , Mississauga, Ontario

PHONE:

(905) 602-8881

Old 10-23-2008, 08:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any tire place will be more than capable of changing your tires... it's not rocket science. average price to change them should be around 35$... usually if u offer cash with no receipt they'll cut u a break and take off taxes. i find the smaller shops usually use hand tools where the larger quickie places use impact wrenches which i hate. ask in advance what they do.

i change them myself these days... just more convenient and can do it just when i need to. one thing though... if u have staggered wheels, make sure u tell them in advance and have a look afterwards to double check the correct position on the car.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Heck Mustafa, if you lived closer I would do it for ya.
You really should invest in some tools to change them out. It is so easy and doesn't take long.

As the others said any reputable tire place can do it, but I reccommend getting it done soon because they will be swamped with this kind of work right now.

Don't bother with an alignment now. Wait till Spring when you reinstall your summer tires.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
"Tires 23" in Mississauga, 401 and dixie area.

1380 Matheson Blvd. E. Unit 5 , Mississauga, Ontario

PHONE:

(905) 602-8881
Wow. I just called this place. Good service on the phone. Gave me a quote, no issues.
I think I'm gonna follow through with these guys. Will keep you posted.

'06

Old 10-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Got tires for the wife's older CR-V, very good service and they're quick. Hand torqued all the bolts.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll second, or third tires 23. They know how to deal with lowered cars too, which is very rare amongst GTA tire shops. Ask me how I know. :/

Old 10-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Picus
I'll second, or third tires 23. They know how to deal with lowered cars too, which is very rare amongst GTA tire shops. Ask me how I know. :/
Hey Kevin, How do you know ?????

Old 10-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Har har. I have a shallow dent in my rear quarter from when a guy at a shop that will remain nameless decided to try to lift my car by pushing on the quarter with all his weight. When that didn't work he put his hands in the fender and tried to lift it that way, while leaning into the quarter. This was a very popular local gta tire shop too. I had to show them how to slide the jack under the diff to get the car up. srsly. :/

Old 10-28-2008, 03:20 PM
its so funny, i got the cheapest deal at yorkville Infiniti. they just charged me 30 bucks to put the new tires, since i dont need alignment they are moving from pears avenue to front street soon, i bought a really nice infiniti mug for 19.99 i love it

Old 10-30-2008, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by musti82
its so funny, i got the cheapest deal at yorkville Infiniti. they just charged me 30 bucks to put the new tires, since i dont need alignment they are moving from pears avenue to front street soon, i bought a really nice infiniti mug for 19.99 i love it
this is getting funnier, when they changed the tires yesterday, they didnt even dare to check the tires for pressures, so this morning i was just about the get off underground parking , heard a strange rim noise, checked, my tire is flat
went to a local shop close by, they couldnt even found the leak, so what actually happened was i assume they filled in some air, which they didnt, the tire probably went quicly flat after staying in garage your 7 months and having immediate weight pressure being used.
i understand its a cheap deal but at least filling some air wouldnt hurt you.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:41 PM
You should tell Greg, Service Manager, about this.

Old 10-31-2008, 01:49 PM
hey,

i actually called them today. the person (customer representative) denied the problem , saying "your tire should be leaking, that's why it went flat the day after"

i told them " listen! when u do change the tire , it will take your staff's 2 minutes to check the tire for pressure. it won't cost you extra labor. let's say i do have a leak, when i go to tire shop after I recognized the flat tire, they could not find anything, actually after they pumped some air, my tire did not have leak at all since tuesday. this is simple logic. u guys did not check if the tire had enough air inside, u charged me 29 dollars, since its a cheap cost for you guys, u didnt care about the tire pressure. u made me wait for close to 3 hours, so u did it in the last 5 minutes, didnt check the pressure because i did not pay you big bucks. "

he kept insisting i might have a leak , i said howcome the leak did not happen after pumping air the next day. its obvious the tire stayed in the attic for so many months after being used , the air inside was not enough to carry the new weight as soon as it is put on the car. u did not bother check the air...he denied, saying me check the tire for 1-2 weeks, if there is no leak they will tell this to service managers.

this is incredibly stupid customer service. i said im not looking for refund or favor, admit that u did not take the measure for a new tire change. I thogut when u do tire change i assume u at least spend 1 frickin minute to fill up some air, if i had paid big bucks you could even fill the tire with nitrogen.

anyways, he kept repeating saying the same thing and tell me to check the tire for 2 weeks., not even going to mention the matter to his service team.

But you know what i am going to do, i am going to write a complaint letter to infiniti canada. let's see what's gonna happen.

The moral of the story is i might have involved in an accident with that flat tyre , who's going to pay that. Just because i paid 29 dolalrs plus tax for a tire change, it wont hurt them to check the tire pressure for 2 minutes.

this is the mentality of many dealers, if the client is not paying big service repair charges they dont care about big things. I am not expecting anything in return, just going to complain as a consumer.