Canada Serving Canada.

Vancouver G35 drivers Beware

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Vancouver G35 drivers Beware

Including my own this past week 4 Infiniti G35 cars (that I know of) have been broken into. Whoever is doing the breaking in is a pro as they can open the car without the alarm sounding and hes able to open the windows too. Dont know how he does it... but just giving you guys the heads up.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:11 AM
WOW! That sucks... How do you get in without sounding the alarm? Where were you when your vehicle was broken in too? I really hate car theives seriously I really hope they catch this guy.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by ea_rsx
WOW! That sucks... How do you get in without sounding the alarm? Where were you when your vehicle was broken in too? I really hate car theives seriously I really hope they catch this guy.
How do you get in without sounding the alarm?
Answer: have no idea but I do know it wasnt just my car that didnt sound off the alarm all 4 cars didnt beep. So either we have crappy alarm systems or this guy is really good. He didnt bother with any other cars parked nearby only Infinitis.

Where was I?
Sleeping at home thinking I got through another day without any dings dents nicks or scratches on the car. Only to wakeup to go to school enraged to find that my car was broken into...

Old 01-26-2009, 03:07 AM
Wow that really sucks man. Where abouts do you live?

Someone tried breaking into my coupe in Kerrisdale about 2 months ago by forcing the drivers side window down, and scratched the A pillar panel in doing so. Luckily they didn't get in, but they did manage to get the window down an inch or so, without the alarm going off. Perhaps this same chap perfected his technique. Either way I'm sure he's gonna get some serious karma sometime soon.

Last edited by reidr96; 01-26-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:15 AM
I was told by a Nissan parts guy that you can smash the window in a G and the alarm won't go off. The alarm is there to prevent the car from being started. I could be wrong that is what he told me...

Old 01-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
wow that really sucks!

yours is an 08 too, that would be the latest alarm system, if yours can get broken into without the alarm going off, then so can the rest of us

but what if we have an aftermarket alarm system?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Put metal bars on the windows. That sucks. I hope he gets caught. That person is the service mgr in the Infiniti dealership with duplicate keys.

If this was in Ajax, he would be dead by now.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Stringweave
Including my own this past week 4 Infiniti G35 cars (that I know of) have been broken into. Whoever is doing the breaking in is a pro as they can open the car without the alarm sounding and hes able to open the windows too. Dont know how he does it... but just giving you guys the heads up.

thx for the heads up. where in Vancity is this happening?

Old 01-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Search on youtube....I remember someone posting how to unlock a g using a blackberry or something...hope this helps

Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The video about unlocking a G35 with a cellphone was bs.

Was the lock cylinder damaged by the thief?

If I'm not mistaken there's a fault in the way the auto window down feature (by turning the key and holding it) works that will drop the windows if the lock cylinder in forced into the open position or knocked in.

There's a thread somewhere that has DIY instructions for permanently disabling this feature, while still allowing auto roll down using the key fob's unlock button. I used to have a subscription to the thread, but I guess I deleted it when I sold my car. All I can remember is that the car rolls down the windows using a metal rod attached to the lock cylinder, and disabling the feature requires removing the rod. Does anyone remember where this thread is?

Last edited by Christian; 01-26-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
From 07 Sedan manual:
VEHICLE SECURITY SYSTEM
The vehicle security system provides visual and audio alarm signals if someone opens the doors, hood, or trunk lid when the system is armed. It is not, however, a motion detection type system that activates when a vehicle is moved or when a vibration occurs.
The system helps deter vehicle theft but cannot prevent it, nor can it prevent the theft of interior or exterior vehicle components in all situations. Always secure your vehicle even if parking for a brief period.
Never leave your Intelligent Key(s) in the vehicle, and always lock it when unattended.
Be aware of your surroundings, and park in secure, well-lit areas whenever possible.
Many devices offering additional protection, such as component locks, identification markers, and tracking systems, are available at auto supply stores and specialty shops.
Your INFINITI dealer may also offer such equipment. Check with your insurance company to see if you may be eligible for discounts for various theft protection features.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:11 PM
yikes! sorry to hear about your car buddy. heres to hoping the low life gets a nice dose of bad karma. just bought a 04 g35 last week, hopefully my car stays safe (first post!)