Canada Serving Canada.

I tell you what?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 11:08 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I tell you what?

Got this 'email' in my spam box this morning: A new 'low'...

Originally Posted by SGT. JAMES PETER
ATTENTION:SIR/MADAM

HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY? HOPE ALL IS WELL. MY NAME IS SGT. JAMES PETER; I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER, SERVING IN THE MILITARY WITH THE ARMY'S 3RD INFANTRY DIVISION; WITH A VERY DESPERATE NEED FOR ASSISTANCE, I HAVE SUMMED UP COURAGE TO CONTACT YOU. I FOUND YOUR CONTACT PARTICULARS IN AN ADDRESS JOURNAL.

I AM SEEKING YOUR KIND ASSISTANCE TO MOVE THE SUM OF ($25 MILLION U.S. DOLLARS)TWENTY FIVE MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS TO YOU IN UNITED STATES, AS FAR AS I CAN BE ASSURED THAT M SHARE WILL BE SAFE IN YOUR CARE UNTILI
COMPLETE MY SERVICE HERE. SOURCE OF MONEY: SOME MONEY IN VARIOUS CURRENCIES WERE DISCOVERED IN BARRELS AT A FARMHOUSE NEAR ONE OF SADDAM'S OLD PALACES IN TIKRIT- IRAQ DURING A RESCUE OPERATION, AND IT WAS AGREED BY STAFF SGT RICHARD BUFF AND I THAT SOME PART OF THIS MONEY BE SHARED AMONG BOTH OF US BEFORE INFORMING ANYBODY ABOUT IT SINCE BOTH OF US SAW THE MONEY FIRST.

THIS WAS QUITE AN ILLEGAL THING TO DO, BUT I TELL YOU WHAT? NO COMPENSATION CAN MAKE UP FOR THE RISK WE HAVE TAKEN WITH OUR LIVES IN THIS HELL HOLE. OF WHICH MY BROTHER IN-LAW WAS KILLED BY A ROAD SIDE BOMB LAST TIME.

I DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG WE WILL REMAIN HERE, AND I HAVE BEEN SHOT, WOUNDED AND SURVIVED TWO SUICIDE BOMB ATTACKS BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD, THIS AND OTHER REASONS I WILL MENTION LATER HAS PROMPTED ME TO REACH OUT FOR
HELP, I HONESTLY WANT THIS MATTER TO BE RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY, PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE MY ONLY WAY OF COMMUNICATION IS BY EMAIL. PLEASE INDICATE YOUR INTEREST BY CONTACT ME WITH THIS EMAIL ADDRESS (sgtjamespeter.2002@yahoo.com.hk).

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

SGT. JAMES PETER.
3RD INFANTRY DIVISION

Old 02-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this sounds like the plot from Bad Company on xbox 360

Old 02-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Sgt Buff <--- LMAO!!

I would email him back saying that you will only take cash.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
you could always reply that oh how fortuitous of you to get this email as you just happen to Staff Sgt. Joe Blow finishing a tour in Central America and had come across 50 kilos of cocaine and that (while as illegal as hell) you figure that after your tour in that hell hole (your sister's cousin's nephew's niece on her dad's side was killed by a cocaine induced donkey), it is worth trying to smuggle a key or two before its reported and well ... maybe you can work something out

how do people fall for this crap?

Old 02-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by TBG_Dad
how do people fall for this crap?
You'd be very surprised. Already been too many victims of these emails (most of them being computer illiterates), I'm surprise they don't really make themselves more aware.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Geeze.....
That is so bad it's pathetic,
I pity the poor SOBs that fall into these traps.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Another pathetic totally hokey scam. It's hard to imagine people get sucked into this stuff but it must happen if they keep coming. It's also a shame there are those low enough to resort to these tricks and ruin some folks financially.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I get these things almost daily. you're actually supposed to forward them off to the RCMP. I've gotten to the point now where they replied back saying that they get it, I'm trying to help but I'm sending them too much! haha

Old 02-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Damn...that's rough

Old 02-23-2009, 05:09 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by TroysG
I get these things almost daily. you're actually supposed to forward them off to the RCMP. I've gotten to the point now where they replied back saying that they get it, I'm trying to help but I'm sending them too much! haha
........so they really want to help, but not that much....

C.

btw, what the addy?

C.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:10 PM
submit this to 419eater.com. They just might contact the person and give them the world class run around that they deserve.

Check out some of the long bait and switch emails trails on that site.. Too funny. The one about deadstock animal meat is priceless.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:22 PM
O.F. Administrator
Originally Posted by zeadlots
submit this to 419eater.com. They just might contact the person and give them the world class run around that they deserve.

Check out some of the long bait and switch emails trails on that site.. Too funny. The one about deadstock animal meat is priceless.
Sounds like a plan....
Can't do any harm....

C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.