Canada Serving Canada.

Need Help!! Turbo or N/A

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2009 | 01:02 PM
The guys with STS kits are saying 6-8psi is more like 350-380whp and to get 400whp you need to run about 10psi and test pipes.

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induc...on-thread.html

Old 03-12-2009 | 10:36 PM
|
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
The guys with STS kits are saying 6-8psi is more like 350-380whp and to get 400whp you need to run about 10psi and test pipes.

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induc...on-thread.html
with pulleys, headers!, y-pipe, midpipe, intake plenum 350z got over 400 rwhp at 9 psi!! cuz its surrounded by exhaust piping always will be hot = good power and servicing it will be much much cheaper then any TT or single turbo. only problem i see is its close to the ground and the intake might bog down when raining. sounds really nice and pulled pretty hard.

Old 03-12-2009 | 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by zeidik
with pulleys, headers!, y-pipe, midpipe, intake plenum 350z got over 400 rwhp at 9 psi!! cuz its surrounded by exhaust piping always will be hot = good power and servicing it will be much much cheaper then any TT or single turbo. only problem i see is its close to the ground and the intake might bog down when raining. sounds really nice and pulled pretty hard.
Maybe one did that doesn't mean its typical lots of variables including the dyno in there. I don't really care one way or another I just had a quick read on the link I provided. It sucks expecting a big number then getting a number thats 50whp less and having to go home and cry in your cereal. There are several additional mods there that might really help any exhaust mods are going to help spool the turbo.
Good luck and keep us posted on your power numbers

Old 03-13-2009 | 03:31 AM
|
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
Maybe one did that doesn't mean its typical lots of variables including the dyno in there. I don't really care one way or another I just had a quick read on the link I provided. It sucks expecting a big number then getting a number thats 50whp less and having to go home and cry in your cereal. There are several additional mods there that might really help any exhaust mods are going to help spool the turbo.
Good luck and keep us posted on your power numbers
I will put the numbers up as soon as i get them! im going to put up the bolt-ons first next Friday then turbo ones hopefully the succeeding Friday. i know wat you mean about the power expectations. over 410 is hurting the engine on stock internals anyways safe bet is something between 375-390whp. and doesnt mean the one with more hp is going to be a faster car either many other goodies like the lsds and such making a big difference.

What LSD could i use if i get the turbo??? i know some ppl get the nissan titan lsd gears 4.083 anyone has lsd a upgrade?

Old 03-15-2009 | 05:24 PM
If you have a stock VLSD it will hold fine for 400whp (mine did anyway) Mine even held with Drag radials. I have a 3.3(from a 5at) with a quaife LSD but i am shooting for 550+whp this year thus the 3.3. I havent heard much about swapping in a Titan 4.083 it might be too steep I think a 3.9 with 400whp takes away from traction IMO. The N/A guys like it but try out your 3.6 gears and you will see traction will already be an issue. If your getting one tire fires I would probobly just get a Cusco LSD with your stock gears.