Canada Serving Canada.

ok who's heard of ACN, and who's a member?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
lol... nice.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
ACN, like many other MLMs has one goal in mind:

Exploit your friends and family. Hopefully they'll exploit theirs too so the market share grows. If it all goes well and the exploitation goes on and on, you might eventually make a few dollars.

However, many fail, earn a bad rep, waste money, and realize it was all for a mediocre product.

Still wanna try?

Old 01-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this the same as world financial or primamerica? Cause I been con'd into tho scam meetings... not impressed. Where you do all the work and they just make money off you...? BS

Old 01-19-2010, 02:30 PM
same concept. Just different products.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Shawn87
Where you do all the work and they just make money off you...? BS
But, but but! they provide you with a business opportunity!!! You decide your own income!! how much you make depends on how much work you put in!!! you can be rich!!!!

/sarcasm

Old 01-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
i'm a dollabillionare

Old 01-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by G SEDAN
But, but but! they provide you with a business opportunity!!! You decide your own income!! how much you make depends on how much work you put in!!! you can be rich!!!!

/sarcasm
"It only costs $120... we meet twice a week and have a manditory 'training' seminar on saturdays from 4-7pm (Since your life is no devoted to making me money with your small commission)... and please make a list of ten people you would like the share this opportunity with."

Old 01-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
LOL

"This person is making $6k a month on average, you could get to this point. Only $500 to get the starter package and $10 every meeting."

lulz

Old 01-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by boi
i got lured into this kind of meetings.

You gotta invest first, saying that you need this type of membership.
Then you can use it, or make money.
I mean we all know how pyramids work, even though they never say it's a pyramid.

I actually made good money, 6 Years ago with this scam.
Why'd you go for it if you knew it was a scam..? And calling it a scam when you made 6k?

Originally Posted by boi
as Intgr8r said its bull sh*t
And now it's bullshxt? So you made good money 6 years ago with bullshxt?

Originally Posted by boi
Just doing a research, ACN caught my eye, usually they have reviews of these types of MLM.

ACN, Inc, is a network marketing company that provides consumers low cost telephone service, internet, wireless service, as well as digital and video phones. They have built themselves into a well-known MLM company, and claim to be the worlds largest direct seller of communication products.

ACN has also gained much attention for their income opportunity, and there are some very real concerns about starting or participating in an ACN business. In this article, we will go through and give an unbiased review of the pros and cons of doing an ACN business, and see if ACN is a great business opportunity...or a great scam.

1. ACN - The Good

ACN was founded in 1993 by Greg Provenzano, Robert Stevanovski, Mike Cupisz, and tony Cupisz. They operate in 19 countries and have over 1,000 employees worldwide. The company itself has a pretty simple product line - low-cost telecommunication service, internet service (DSL, broadband, and dial-up) and other basic wireless services. They have experienced double-digit growth for the past few years, and claim to reap $500m in revenue annually. One of the more notable achieve of ACN is that they have gotten Donald Trump to publicly endorse them as a great business opportunity. So far, so good.

2. ACN - The Bad

Whether or not ACN is a good business opportunity, it is clear that Mr. Trump has no intention of starting an ACN business. Additionally, making RVP or SVP (the top positions in ACN) take considerably more work than finding 3 people...who find 3 people...who find 3 people...etc. etc.

The theory of growing an ACN business is that the representative will simply find a few people who are already using telecom service, and switch over to ACN because of the income opportunity. The picture is painted that the distributor can be paid off everyone in their neighborhood who has a telephone...which is most everyone. The problem comes with a marketing concept called positioning.

3. ACN - The Ugly

ACN, like many other MLM's, teach their distributors to leverage their "warm market", friends and family. However, when a new distributor comes talking to their friends and family about making a tremendous income with a business opportunity...and the distributor is not making any money...there is a credibility issue that occurs, and the distributor is positioned as a gopher for someone else's business.

Growing an ACN business can be a great opportunity. They appear to have a good service, but there are plenty of companies that have great products, and many people that market great products never make a dime. There are also plenty of terrible products that generate millions of dollars in revenue (anyone remember the pet rock?) The difference is the marketer, and their ability to target their market effectively.

In closing, I would say that starting and developing an ACN business is lucrative if you know how to effectively use the telephone, the Internet, and other effective marketing tools. It is not a scam, but like any business, success will be determined by the skill-set of the marketer. ACN is definitely not a lottery ticket or a stock option - meaning, you do not just buy in and wait for a payout.

If someone does not have the first clue on how to market effectively, then I would suggest they either learn how to be an effective marketer, or else just use ACN as a way to save a few bucks on your phone bill.

This article can be freely published on a website as long as it is not modified in any way including the author bylines and active hyperlinks.

Joshua Fuson is a professional marketer, and has marketed dozens of different products and services. He has participated in the generation of over $14 million dollars of revenue in network marketing in past 4 years alone. To find out how, you can go... here

To learn more about growing an ACN business, you can go to The ACN Success Blueprint

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joshua_Fuson
LOL now you're slapping yourself for contradicting your own theory?? What you so called bs that you claim made good money 6 years ago?

Originally Posted by G-MAN (CANADA)
Boi thats a good article where did you find that? my thoughts are exactly what the article states basically you can make extra money doing this but you MUST work very hard at it to even see any residual what so ever. The right people for this job are people with a good knowledge on how to sell/market the services and recrute others the average joe like me who has no experience and doesn't know many people with good sales experience will NOT make the claimed money that ACN preaches thats why I didn't want to sign up, theres one more thing that people don't realize because ACN has been around for a while most people have either heard of it, been to a meeting and/or have signed up for ex. they gave me all the papers I need to get started even though I didn't sign up (not sure why they did), on the sheets they explain to you how to go about inviting people to your house so I did a little test with 10 close friends well 4 already knew what ACN was and shut me down before I had a chance to finnish my sentance wich makes me wonder with the amount of people you have to recrute to start getting a decent payout how will you be able sell it if almost half the people you know have already delt or heard of ACN?
the money makers are the people at the top who have been doing this for many years not people who want to start now.

getting rich off of ACN = Bull$hit

makeing a grand or so a month = do-able with allot of time and paitiance on your hands plus having allot of open minded friends

not making enough to justify even doing it = Reality

oh and don't forget the montly fees of I think $30.
How are your thoughts exactly the same as the article when you clearly just call it bs when the article said its not? And at the end you admit that you're not the right people for this business, and you still claim this is a bs? Which side are you on ? Please, just because you are not meant for this business, doesn't mean you have to point fingers just like the rest of the world.

ACN, like many other MLMs has one goal in mind:

Exploit your friends and family. Hopefully they'll exploit theirs too so the market share grows. If it all goes well and the exploitation goes on and on, you might eventually make a few dollars.

However, many fail, earn a bad rep, waste money, and realize it was all for a mediocre product.

Still wanna try?
By few dollars, you definitely meant more than an average joe's monthly paycheck every month of course right? Of course, many fail, DUH. How many Bill Gates do you see are out there running around? How many Donald Trump have expanded his business so widely over the decade? Just because most of people in this world want the same thing which is easy and high paying jobs (more I would like to call dreaming?), doesn't mean those of people who have succeed are.. well what you guys are all calling it, BS.

/sarcasm
YESS! I can definitely be richer than the average joes with the JOB that PAYS you from your boss

Originally Posted by ShanesG
LOL

"This person is making $6k a month on average, you could get to this point. Only $500 to get the starter package and $10 every meeting."

lulz
If I was to give you a book for free and charge you $5 bucks for the same book, which one will be more valuable to you? They make you pay a small amount of fund to go to meetings, not because they are trying to make some money from you. You think a multi-millionaire will care about those $10 $20 bucks them make off one meeting??.. LULZ

In conclusion, this isn't the right thing for everybody. MLM style companies are widely spreaded in many different business, and MLM wasn't around until the recent decade. If MLM wasn't a good way of marketing, why would many companies like herbalife, ACN, even insurance companies use this method as a way of their marketing? And by all means, it is the MLM STYLE that people are hating and bashing, not the companies themselves. Some companies DO sell legitimate products, as some don't. In my opinion, MLM style companies aren't meant for EVERYONE, but that doesn't make EVERY MLM style companies BS. You ask why I defend it? I tell you I work for one of them and I am doing fantastically well. Thank you.

-Jason

Last edited by jlo0109; 01-19-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
You CAN make decent money with these, but you have to get in in the beginning before it's widely established. I forget the exact figure but its like less than 5% of people who do these things actually succeed in making decent money most either just quit or make just what they put into it then quit because in reality it just isn't gonna pay the bills(at least not for a good while). I have a family friend who is in one of these i think he's been doing it for over 9 years and he still only make's about $4-5k a month gross(and that's not even guaranteed, he has to hope that everyone in his network is continuing to get people to join). And this is his full time job everyday of the week. There's always potential to make money in these, it's just most people understand how they work nowadays and won't even try them because they know what you have to do in order to actually make money. If someone does these and is actually successful then by all means you have my applauds cause it's a very rare site. If you are up for it and up for the wait to get to that higher level i applaud you even more.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:38 PM
My friend's mom makes 300k a year doing Market America (MLM). Took her 10 years to get to that level. She donates most of her money in the form or products to help people, she's rich, but that was definitely not her goal.

She also started at the infant stages of teh company as well. Is it impossible? No. If is like .000001% chance with combination of timing, luck, and persuation? yes.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by ShanesG
You CAN make decent money with these, but you have to get in in the beginning before it's widely established. I forget the exact figure but its like less than 5% of people who do these things actually succeed in making decent money most either just quit or make just what they put into it then quit because in reality it just isn't gonna pay the bills(at least not for a good while). I have a family friend who is in one of these i think he's been doing it for over 9 years and he still only make's about $4-5k a month gross(and that's not even guaranteed, he has to hope that everyone in his network is continuing to get people to join). And this is his full time job everyday of the week. There's always potential to make money in these, it's just most people understand how they work nowadays and won't even try them because they know what you have to do in order to actually make money. If someone does these and is actually successful then by all means you have my applauds cause it's a very rare site. If you are up for it and up for the wait to get to that higher level i applaud you even more.
My friend's mom makes 300k a year doing Market America (MLM). Took her 10 years to get to that level. She donates most of her money in the form or products to help people, she's rich, but that was definitely not her goal.

She also started at the infant stages of teh company as well. Is it impossible? No. If is like .000001% chance with combination of timing, luck, and persuation? yes.
I'd like to see that stats of only .000001% chance.

Sure, you guys are right. Not that many people, 5% sounds about right, will be very well off and I mean by well off they have more than millions in assets (Pretty much the CEO of the companies). So does that make the rest of 95% of people making crappy money that can't even get them through the next month? Most of people in this type of marketing are from EVERYWHERE. That's because we give everyone a chance to give themselves a chance to try somethinig different. Like you all mentioned, this is a career and not a job. You don't get steady pay just like running a business. You want it to grow, you must work hard to grow it, am I right?

Now, you guys are talking about getting involved with a companies thats in its infant stage. What exactly do you considered a company in its infant stage? Why would you want to join a company in its infant stage to begin with? Sure people on top make really good money, but how does that make the people under them all make crappy money? It's like saying people who work at microsoft are all making crappy money and only the CEOs and executives are making money, does that sound even reasonable to you?

The biggest difference between a corporate America and a MLM style companies is simply that you get a steady pay at corporate America asking to do FAR more than what you should (in this kind of economy, I am pretty sure everyone would've agree with me that they are getting underpay..), whereas; in MLM company your pay is entirely up to you. And for those that try to make quick cash, well obviously couldn't.. and start pointing fingers. I personally have friends who are in their 20s (low, med, and high), that are doing so much better than those who freshly came out of well known colleges like UCB, UCLA.. I am not persuading norinfluencing people on here that going to college is a bad thing. It's just that in this kind of economy, that may not be the BEST for many of us ( Some of you: you're flipping out of your mind!!! Well.. check the TV and see what kind of unemployment rate it is right now.. you'd know why). I didn't have the luxury to finish up school before I had to take the responsibility of my family, and to me this coudln't work any better as it is a perfect career for ME (ME !!) I guess I was just perfect for this. So do you want to work for someone and get the same pay over and over and perhaps expecting a raise every 5 or so years? If you do, more power to you. But just remember, not everyone wants a steady pay like you

Oh just for anyone whose curious, I work for a very highly regulated industry (especially in CA)

Last edited by jlo0109; 01-19-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by jlo0109
I'd like to see that stats of only .000001% chance.

Sure, you guys are right. Not that many people, 5% sounds about right, will be very well off and I mean by well off they have more than millions in assets (Pretty much the CEO of the companies).
Whre is your stats? 5%? Fat chance bro.

So does that make the rest of 95% of people making crappy money that can't even get them through the next month? Most of people in this type of marketing are from EVERYWHERE. That's because we give everyone a chance to give themselves a chance to try somethinig different. Like you all mentioned, this is a career and not a job. You don't get steady pay just like running a business. You want it to grow, you must work hard to grow it, am I right?
no way, being a business owner = unsteady pay. Business owners are also putting in 24 hours of their day into their business.....Their growth SOLELY depends on their hardwork.

Now, you guys are talking about getting involved with a companies thats in its infant stage. What exactly do you considered a company in its infant stage? Why would you want to join a company in its infant stage to begin with?
Because once you're positioned, you're set. The ones who are at the bottom scrapping shiet together to get commssion are making all of the top people money.

Sure people on top make really good money, but how does that make the people under them all make crappy money? It's like saying people who work at microsoft are all making crappy money and only the CEOs and executives are making money, does that sound even reasonable to you?
It's not resonable to compare a fortune 100 company who recruits only the top talents of the country with companies that recruits everyone and their momma. Fresh recruits guranteed will make more money that fresh recruits from an MLM company. Keyword GURANTEED!

The biggest difference between a corporate America and a MLM style companies is simply that you get a steady pay at corporate America asking to do FAR more than what you should (in this kind of economy, I am pretty sure everyone would've agree with me that they are getting underpay..), whereas; in MLM company your pay is entirely up to you.
I beg to differ, my boss does shiet and takes home 100k a month. I do plenty and takes home 5% of what he does. Of course you decide your income in MLM, you decide your income in corporate america too. The difference is that: just because you're putting in 100 hours a week doesnt mean you will be compensated for your time. At least there is minumum wage for others (not in MLM)

And for those that try to make quick cash, well obviously couldn't.. and start pointing fingers. I personally have friends who are in their 20s (low, med, and high), that are doing so much better than those who freshly came out of well known colleges like UCB, UCLA..
those UCB and UCLA grads must not be high achievers

I am not persuading norinfluencing people on here that going to college is a bad thing. It's just that in this kind of economy, that may not be the BEST for many of us ( Some of you: you're flipping out of your mind!!! Well.. check the TV and see what kind of unemployment rate it is right now.. you'd know why). I didn't have the luxury to finish up school before I had to take the responsibility of my family, and to me this coudln't work any better as it is a perfect career for ME (ME !!) I guess I was just perfect for this.
Cool bro, I can dig that.

So do you want to work for someone and get the same pay over and over and perhaps expecting a raise every 5 or so years?
A well structured corporation will review (both performance and salary) annually sometimes semi-annually in order to retain top talents. Raises are consistent with performance. In some cases, raises are written out. You WILL never see that in MLM. If you don't make your upline money, you will not make any money yourself, plain and simple. Doesn't matter if you're trying. You won't get paid.

If you do, more power to you. But just remember, not everyone wants a steady pay like you

Oh just for anyone whose curious, I work for a very highly regulated industry (especially in CA)
How much are you making now? Maybe not everyone wants steady pay, but many need it.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
man i would invest that time and hard work on myself and make stable income , one of my friedn who i used to work, calls me "musti u gotto see this, its incredible this and that" then she sent me a brochure , guess what ? ACN

so if the business is well established whats the point of getting into this if only people who were there from the beginning are only gonna benefit and im gonna end of thinking how the hell im gonna pay my rent. i would rather work self employed and work my self establishing a business from scratch..

good for people who made well! kudos

Old 01-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Whre is your stats? 5%? Fat chance bro.

no way, being a business owner = unsteady pay. Business owners are also putting in 24 hours of their day into their business.....Their growth SOLELY depends on their hardwork.
I thought that's what I said?

Because once you're positioned, you're set. The ones who are at the bottom scrapping shiet together to get commssion are making all of the top people money.
lol.. just because you're not at the top, doesn't mean your scraping crap on the bottom. People need to get over the idea that people on the bottom aren't making crap. If there weren't people there at the start to start with, how do you think they are sitting at the top? And just so we are clear, MLM has no ranking limitations. You set your own ranking, not waiting for your boss to promote you. Sure you'll still have to work for it, but chances are you'll move up much faster than as if you were in Corporate America. The concept is simple, you make more money your boss makes less money; vice versa, you make less money he makes more money. Make sense ?

It's not resonable to compare a fortune 100 company who recruits only the top talents of the country with companies that recruits everyone and their momma. Fresh recruits guranteed will make more money that fresh recruits from an MLM company. Keyword GURANTEED!
I also know that these talented nerds are struggling to even find a job these days in a corporate America system, and that's why we have a flipping near 10% of unemployment rate back in Dec. of 2009. You think its so easy for anyone to find a job, then why are so many people who are about to graduate decided to continue on their education? Why are the community colleges' enrollment around CA are drastically increasing in the last year or so? Just a lil stats, I talked to a counselor from FJC a while back, she told me that the rate of counselor versus students has gone up from 1:50 to like 1:300. For God's sake, I used to have people in their mid age in our class. Notice their age (hint hint baby boomers). And that's why we give everyone a chance because we believe everyone has the potential to start something great.

I beg to differ, my boss does shiet and takes home 100k a month. I do plenty and takes home 5% of what he does. Of course you decide your income in MLM, you decide your income in corporate america too. The difference is that: just because you're putting in 100 hours a week doesnt mean you will be compensated for your time. At least there is minumum wage for others (not in MLM)
How do you decide your own pay in Corporate America? You put a knife to your boss' neck and ask him to? LOL I guess we do see this much differently. I see it as how much I can make in that 100hours, perhaps some will only see the value of those 100 hours in wages.

A well structured corporation will review (both performance and salary) annually sometimes semi-annually in order to retain top talents. Raises are consistent with performance. In some cases, raises are written out. You WILL never see that in MLM. If you don't make your upline money, you will not make any money yourself, plain and simple. Doesn't matter if you're trying. You won't get paid.
Lol I love how you love to stress the fact that "IF YOU DON'T MAKE YOUR UPLINE MONEY THEN YOU DON'T MAKE MONEY"..I see it was a win win situation, nothing wrong with that. Like I mentioned before, in corporate america, you make more money your boss makes less money; you make less your boss makes more. So why in the world would your boss pay you more? From what I see they'll pay you just enough to keep you around.Also, I only know in order to get promoted in a corporate America system one has to work extra upper hard to even fight for the chance of that promotion (meaning that you might not get it after all that work your boss put you through). I only know one thing, I work for what I deserve.

How much are you making now? Maybe not everyone wants steady pay, but many need it.
I have not make any money from it yet. As of now I do still have a job which I plan on replacing very soon (well.. soon as I get my license)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ok who's heard of ACN, and who's a member?