Canada Serving Canada.

Emergency: Attention all halton heights / milton / Oakville area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009 | 12:51 PM
Perhaps some of you have already seen this or heard about it, but I was on my way into the office, heading west on Bloor, coming off the DVP and there was an unmarked minivan (I **** you not! A MINIVAN) pulled over to the side and it was a female officer giving out the ticket.

I was surprised to see an unmarked minivan and the officer seemed to be in plain clothes. I didn't see another officer in the van or anywhere in sight, so looks like she was riding alone.

Seems like they are getting more and more creative.

Watch the speed limits folks! The weather's warming up and the G's purring can be very seductive.

'06

Old 05-04-2009 | 01:52 PM
lol.... putting on a disguise is one thing... but this is out of line... why dont they just drive regular cars?? how is this any different then unmarked cruisers/jeeps? I've seen a kia sorento, ford focus, charger as an undercover...

I think its better for them to drive marked to control the traffic FROM SPEEDING then to sneak up on the ones that are speeding thinking there are no police around.

sure you can catch more people driving around a "taxi", but your not preventing anyone from speeding.. someone else will speed another day...

hmmm its like having those fake camera domes around your home... then to have a pinhole camera that is capturing everything... better to prevent in my opinion..

****en cops.. i bet the city would be better with a bunch of marked cruisers driving around (fake cops that cannot hand out tickets but more of a deterrent system)

Old 05-04-2009 | 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by ohsix
Perhaps some of you have already seen this or heard about it, but I was on my way into the office, heading west on Bloor, coming off the DVP and there was an unmarked minivan (I **** you not! A MINIVAN) pulled over to the side and it was a female officer giving out the ticket.

I was surprised to see an unmarked minivan and the officer seemed to be in plain clothes. I didn't see another officer in the van or anywhere in sight, so looks like she was riding alone.

Seems like they are getting more and more creative.

Watch the speed limits folks! The weather's warming up and the G's purring can be very seductive.

'06
I can confirm that "cops in minivans" has also hit the Hamilton/Niagara area as well.

Old 05-06-2009 | 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Yea, like you guys get pulled over for speeding in the city lol

I love Montreal.

This is so sketchy, I've seen it in Toronto but it's inching closer to my area now
actually, in the city itself, it's more likely, heck, i've seen cops on pedal bikes pull folks over (that's fun to watch). on the highways though, not so much, the speed limits are so ridiculous that even the city buses go 30+ over, not to mention the SQ has been complaining that they're too low for years now.

eh well, people still get pulled over frequently, it's a multi-million dollar industry after all, eh?

Old 05-06-2009 | 09:55 PM
Traveling Administrator
I guess I am the only one that doesn't see an issue with this. To me, it's no different than a plain clothes cop doing undercover work.