Canada Serving Canada.

Compression Rod Replacement...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compression Rod Replacement...

So I need new compression rods.. 640 each install from the dealer.
Anyone ever have these placed? Also anyone know how much Vic charges?
Thanks.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:04 AM
LOTS of people have had these replaced. They've been revised.
I have a rattle coming from the front at lower speeds on uneven pavement. I've been looking into what it could be and it seems that compression rods are a big problem with this car. Is your car doing the same thing?
What's the stealership charging for parts? $340 each?
This guy is probably worth contacting:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ79611019
I could swear I saw someone in the states selling upgraded pairs of them for $284 US, $338 CDN today. Maybe Riverside Infiniti?

Old 05-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I have had both of my compression rods changed. First time I paid $315 plus tax for the part from the dealership through Vic. The second time my compression rod failed, I met up with this guy from kijiji and paid $250 for the part flat and it was OEM, great deal compared to the dealership. Vic charges 2.5 hours labour at $79.00 per hour. The dealership says it takes 2 Hours, I called a few of them and they said it costs $275. So Vic's labour is still cheaper. You still have to get an alignment after you get this done, so add another $100.
if i were you and you have the money to do it, I would just replace both once your there already. The driver compression rod crapped out and then a month and a half later the passenger side went on me.

Also you will need the toe bolt $10 each side.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
So whats the grand total of having both the rods fixed by vic?

Old 05-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meet up with the Kiji guy too, wow we're helping this guy make a killing however it's a great price he's selling for...... I got mine installed at APH, can't remember the totals for everything but much cheaper then stealership

Old 05-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Advance power house installs them? so that guy on kijiji is legit right? I dont know how they look so i would be clueless when picking them up.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:33 PM
No he is legit, he actually works for Infiniti

Old 05-01-2009, 07:39 PM
I suspect that I might need these replaced on my 03 sedan. Whenever I am on driveways or uneven road/pavement, I hear what is basically loud creaking from the front of the car. It feels like the car is stressing badly and is making these sounds. Could I need to replace the compression rods? BTW, what purpose do these rods serve? Sorry for jacking the thread!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I think it sounds more like a clunking noise. The rods prevent and cushion from the wheels moving front to back I think

Old 05-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hossmaxima
I have had both of my compression rods changed. First time I paid $315 plus tax for the part from the dealership through Vic. The second time my compression rod failed, I met up with this guy from kijiji and paid $250 for the part flat and it was OEM, great deal compared to the dealership. Vic charges 2.5 hours labour at $79.00 per hour. The dealership says it takes 2 Hours, I called a few of them and they said it costs $275. So Vic's labour is still cheaper. You still have to get an alignment after you get this done, so add another $100.
if i were you and you have the money to do it, I would just replace both once your there already. The driver compression rod crapped out and then a month and a half later the passenger side went on me.

Also you will need the toe bolt $10 each side.
Can you please elaborate on the toe bolt piece, either a picture or part # would really really help =)

Old 05-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yap correct, he knows his stuff, cause he was telling me random things about our cars which I knew already and he was absolutely right.

Yes Advance Power House can do it, I even got them to do my window motor replacement, so unfortunately I haven't really been getting them to do a lot of power mods recently lol, just dealership kinda stuff...... but they're great.

Originally Posted by Hossmaxima
No he is legit, he actually works for Infiniti

Old 05-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by godmans
Can you please elaborate on the toe bolt piece, either a picture or part # would really really help =)
Sorry not the toe bolt but its the nut and bolt you need to complete the install because i think the bolt is broken off when they take off the compression rod. I don't know the part number for the nut and bolt sorry.

Call this guy David 1-416-858-2095, you can ask him what the part number is, he is the guy that i found on kijiji.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jasonp32
LOTS of people have had these replaced. They've been revised.
I have a rattle coming from the front at lower speeds on uneven pavement. I've been looking into what it could be and it seems that compression rods are a big problem with this car. Is your car doing the same thing?
What's the stealership charging for parts? $340 each?
This guy is probably worth contacting:
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ79611019
I could swear I saw someone in the states selling upgraded pairs of them for $284 US, $338 CDN today. Maybe Riverside Infiniti?
Yes that is the same sound. They used chassis ears to determine forsure that it was the compression rods even though the rods felt tight on the hoist.

The sound drives me insane.

Thanks for your help guys I am contacting the kijiji guy!

Old 05-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Hossmaxima;4180756
[I
Call this guy David 1-416-858-2095, you can ask him what the part number is, he is the guy that i found on kijiji[/I].
I'm pretty sure this is the same guy I delt with for my intake manifold for my Pathfinder, if it is he is legit and the part is OEM.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by bougizu
Yes that is the same sound. They used chassis ears to determine forsure that it was the compression rods even though the rods felt tight on the hoist.

The sound drives me insane.

Thanks for your help guys I am contacting the kijiji guy!
My compression rods felt tight on the hoist also when I had this other mechanic look at it, and he told me that there was nothing wrong, lol. I told him, this noise isn't normal, it was actually getting louder as the days past. I took it to Vics and Steve the mechanic knew that it was the compression rods right away and told me that they do tons of these.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Compression Rod Replacement...