Canada Serving Canada.

Stance LX+...Finally!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2010 | 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
I have Bilstiens they were fairly affordable around the $2000 mark, the ride quality was something i was not willing to sacrafice I have had rough riding cars before it wasn't really for me I started to hate the car after awhile. So IMO it is not worth sacraficing when it comes to ride quality, also it more depends on spring rates than the money you spend. A good set of springs/shocks can give you a great ride. Stance are a favorite among the "in the weeds" guys just about all of the guys in aggresive wheel/tire threads run them they go very low.

Here is the "Bible" for researching coilovers they do not have the LX+ though

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-...w-updates.html
Agree, I have the BC coilovers, and like Gord, I did not want the car to feel like it has a solid suspension. IMO they are great and fully adjustable. So you can really dial it in yourself.

I had some overly stiff springs on my last car, it became annoying and I didn't really want to drive it untill I got some softer springs.

Old 01-29-2010 | 09:53 AM
|
I had these coilovers for about 8months now, I hear a thumping/clunking sound from the passenger rear when I had them installed ended up being the colar was loose they tighten it, noise went away for only couple of weeks didnt bother going back, just turned up the stereo.

About 2-3 months ago the noise travelled to the front passenger its gotten to the point when someone sits in my car they ask me whats that noise? (*sighh) I took it to my mechanic he checked compression rods...NO...end links...NO...(Kind of sounds like when ball joints need replacing) when he put the car on the hoist and moved the spring up and down it made the identical clunk/thumping sound when the spring touched the top mount of the coilover, could it be theres supposed to be padding installed between the spring and top mount?

Any help/suggestions is appreciated...

Old 01-30-2010 | 06:03 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com
Premier Member
the spring shouldn't be able to move up and down by just moving it with your hands. Sounds like your pre-load isn't set. That'll make a HUGE difference in your ride quality.