Canada Serving Canada.

a proper ECU Reset DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post a proper ECU Reset DIY

hey guys, i've been searching for a thread on resetting the ecu and came up with a sticky that jumps all over the place from one person explaining 1 part and another jumping in to answer other questions.

Does anyone here know a link for a proper ECU RESET (g35 coupe)? I came across a link from 2003 on the 350z which i have printed out. It seems to be the best one out of all, explaining everything properly from the lights blinking on the dash.

So far, there are 3 ways i have read about, 1. 12 hour disconnect from batter terminal , 2. pedal method 3. disconnect battery + "bleed" ??? 4. partial reset.

12 hours is a long time to see if something has worked...

once i have figured this out with your help of course, i assure you, i will create a great DIY that answers any questions and is very straight forward.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by t7n7
hey guys, i've been searching for a thread on resetting the ecu and came up with a sticky that jumps all over the place from one person explaining 1 part and another jumping in to answer other questions.

Does anyone here know a link for a proper ECU RESET (g35 coupe)? I came across a link from 2003 on the 350z which i have printed out. It seems to be the best one out of all, explaining everything properly from the lights blinking on the dash.

So far, there are 3 ways i have read about, 1. 12 hour disconnect from batter terminal , 2. pedal method 3. disconnect battery + "bleed" ??? 4. partial reset.
Which one is this? Can you post it so we can tell if that's one we've tried? I've done (probably) that method as well as the 12-hour method. Hard to tell if one worked better than another but the 12-hour disconnect leaves no doubt that everything was reset.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for about 50 dollars you can get an ecu upgrade at the dealership. but if you want something else come with me wen i do my ecu tune maybe the guy there will help you out.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
pedal methods not bad. Ive done it couple of times. Its in the group buy thread for the grounding kit. Just go to the thread and click search this thread and type ecu reset and pedal. You should find it

Old 05-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Old 05-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by zeidik
for about 50 dollars you can get an ecu upgrade at the dealership. but if you want something else come with me wen i do my ecu tune maybe the guy there will help you out.
ecu upgrade? is this software programming or do they upgrade it to a new firmware? if that is the case, can i do both and have it tuned with your buddy?

we still in for tonight's meet? gotta post that..

Old 05-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ecu

ecu upgrade from the dealership?....tell me more please

Old 05-29-2009, 04:42 PM
^^ Is that just the timing advance? Sorry T7, here we go OT again...

Old 05-29-2009, 04:58 PM
well i don't really know how to explain it... its not just a thottle booster or some turbanator (rofl) since this device pretty makes you feel the difference instantly...

1. when you shift gears, it is instant... when i mean instant.. i mean. no lag AT ALL!!
2. when you accelerate or smash on the gas.. it holds the gears longer between shifts and lets the car rev higher and longer... (for maximum torque/hp)

3. when your on the freeway/highway... during a lane change.. your car has instant power... no lag at all..

now all of this is done by this small device thats no bigger then a box of matches.. it doesn't fake anything since there is a difference in pull ... this will not give you extra HP in anyway.. it just tunes the ecu for a better driving experience...

sprintbooster is only for drive-by-wire cars since the signals are electronic and can be amplified and fiddled around with.. benz, bmw, porsche drivers have been using this for years...

Old 05-29-2009, 05:07 PM
^^^ Ahhh, so it's like a mini-grounding kit? Maybe boosts the drive-by-wire signal? That'd be all right.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:11 PM
yup... except its a 100 times better then a grounding kit.. in fact.. since its plug-n-play.. if you lived here.. i could just plug it in and show you....

so ANY HELP WITH A ECU RESET PROCEDURE guys? i posted the above 3 links that i have read thoroughly and each one is slightly different and some have more steps, some have less, can someone please let me know which one i should follow. thanks..

from what i have read.. as long as my engine light flashes rapidly and then slows down.. then reset was successful correct?

Old 05-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Based on what there saying its much better then a grounding kit. Ive never been in one with the booster yet but will take a drive with ram. Since i got the grounding kit and he has the sprint boooster should be able to compare.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:41 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by t7n7
yup... except its a 100 times better then a grounding kit.. in fact.. since its plug-n-play.. if you lived here.. i could just plug it in and show you....

so ANY HELP WITH A ECU RESET PROCEDURE guys? i posted the above 3 links that i have read thoroughly and each one is slightly different and some have more steps, some have less, can someone please let me know which one i should follow. thanks..

from what i have read.. as long as my engine light flashes rapidly and then slows down.. then reset was successful correct?
I used to do the pedal method as described in this post by Merlin:

https://g35driver.com/forums/63717-post3.html

The section at the top is the one you need. Remember that timing is all important on this procedure.

It's better than disconnecting the battery since you won't have to reset radio and lose certain navi records etc etc and it's instant.

You going to the Meet and Shine Sunday? If you are I can show you.

Colin.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:19 PM
thanks Colin. i'll try this shortly, so busy with work!! arghh.., if i don't notice a difference, i'll just wait to meet you guys on Sunday for some feedback/suggestions.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Hey t7n7 the pedal reset should of came with your grounding kit with the instructions...and bout the sprintbooster how much did you pay plus install?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: a proper ECU Reset DIY