Canada Serving Canada.

Street racing apparent cause of double fatal crash on the DVP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by philclement
Autobahn-type roads here in Canada? Impossible!! I lived in Europe for several years and I can state categorically that Canadian drivers will never reach the maturity level of European drivers because they lack one very simple quality - "courtesy". In Europe, young folks learn how to drink alcohol and act in a socially responsible manner long before they are ever eligible to apply for a driver's license (typically at the age of 18). Obtaining a driver's license in Germany for example is a long and arduous process (usually two to three years). Driving privileges in a European country is difficult to obtain and easy to lose. On the other hand, our North American culture makes it very easy to obtain driving privileges and requires quite a number of "screw ups" to lose it. We give our kids licenses at 16, then teach them the social responsibility of drinking and driving three years later. We have it backwards.
^ +1000
i come from a country in europe that has very lil law to punish anyone and i do say respect on the road is wat is missing here 100%!! very few ppl have courtesy here.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
lot of countries in europe the age of driver's license is 18, i got mine at the same age. i remember when driving in autobahn in Frankfurt, people actually wait till u change lanes. dont continuously flash or honk, or harass u.

whatever the cause of death, i feel bad for the kids and their families. truck pieces and little rocks can cause fatal accidents. i usually fly by when im passing big trucks, u never know what kind of **** is gonna happen.