Canada Serving Canada.

Street racing apparent cause of double fatal crash on the DVP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Street racing apparent cause of double fatal crash on the DVP

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home

*sighhhh they need to make a track local!

Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gcoupe_toronto
http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home

*sighhhh they need to make a track local!
What they really need is the sterilization of stupid people like that, it's bad enough they were street racing but flying through heavy traffic drafting eachother on the DVP of all places was just retarded. At least it wasn't a G, people like that cause our insurance to go up.

I think if this can't be controled we should introduce an autobahn style system here if people are in a hurry to go somewhere, as less people die on the autobahn every year then those on Toronto Hwy's. But then again whether north americans have the driver etiquette to handle such a thing is another story.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ReD De(V)oN
What they really need is the sterilization of stupid people like that, it's bad enough they were street racing but flying through heavy traffic drafting eachother on the DVP of all places was just retarded. At least it wasn't a G, people like that cause our insurance to go up.

I think if this can't be controled we should introduce an autobahn style system here if people are in a hurry to go somewhere, as less people die on the autobahn every year then those on Toronto Hwy's. But then again whether north americans have the driver etiquette to handle such a thing is another story.
They don't, people here (Alberta)can't drive. Some are scared to get up to higway speed of 110km/h. I have seen people read a novel while driving, eat Tim Hortons soup while driving, texting/shaving/makeup you name it.

It seems like anybody can get a licence these days.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:26 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Very sad and totally avoidable

Let's hope others will learn from this tragedy.....

Condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.

C.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:58 PM
makes me mad that this is called considered to be street racing.. going in and out of traffic and drafting one another in heavy traffic has nothing to do with street racing its reckless driving!!!

as for being thankful that its not another G so the insurance goes up how about being thankful that not all of them died then insurance going up which btw it wouldnt! i just recently renewed my insurance and it went down! accidents like this or speeding is completely irrelevant to insurance companies. there are a lot of other cars out there that cause more trouble then Gs and mostly honda toyotas and lower levels nisssan even cavalies and sunfires. all of which have a much lower insurance rate then the G. so its not about who causes the accidents more its about who could do it more because its easier and obviously the faster the car the easier so thats why faster cars have a higher rate not because they cause more accidents or speed more.

and about needing a local track. alot of ppl are very pumped up after the track and speed out of it. imagine how much it would fuel ppl to makes their cars faster if they had such and easy access to a track. im sure they would go to the track but wen i talk to most ppl they try and makes cars fast so they can beat other faster cars on the road with absolutely no intention about any track at all.

we cant change ppl judgement and we cant make ppl safer. we ALL have done something stupid in our life and we either paid of it in a way or another or got lucky. we cant stop ppl from speeding thats why there is police but really there are so many more serious issues out there and for a country that its biggest city under 10ppl die a year from speed related accidents its really a harsh to make a 10000$ fine for it considering there are more ppl dieing from unexplained circumstances a year. the law is all about the money and because of it its filled with a lot of ways to go around it and avoid it and win against it in court. so the ppl racing could care less about the law wen most ppl charged with it get away with it. and wen the law angers ppl because its so extreme ppl tend to commit the offense even more. but unless the system changes we are still going to have street racing.

i wished the express would have a higher speed limit then the collectors that would make sense to me and all the roads that have left and right turning lanes to also have a slightly higher speed limit then those that dont. also having sections of hwys with no speed limits like on some parts of the 401 and i mean on the way to Montreal and Windsor not near the citys, on the far 2 lanes reserved lanes. also reducing the speed limit during the winter and on the parts with no speed limit put a 100 limit would prevent bad weather accidents. like said from some of you anyone here can get a drivers license. to bad we dont have a test like they do in Europe and especially Finland.

Last edited by zeidik; 07-07-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by zeidik
makes me mad that this is called considered to be street racing.. going in and out of traffic and drafting one another in heavy traffic has nothing to do with street racing its reckless driving!!!

as for being thankful that its not another G so the insurance goes up how about being thankful that not all of them died then insurance going up which btw it wouldnt! i just recently renewed my insurance and it went down! accidents like this or speeding is completely irrelevant to insurance companies. there are a lot of other cars out there that cause more trouble then Gs and mostly honda toyotas and lower levels nisssan even cavalies and sunfires. all of which have a much lower insurance rate then the G. so its not about who causes the accidents more its about who could do it more because its easier and obviously the faster the car the easier so thats why faster cars have a higher rate not because they cause more accidents or speed more.
Sorry dude but I am affraid you are completely incorrect on that note. Have you spoken to an anyone in car insurance before, because I have and I have a friend that works for an insurance company. These sort of things can and do effect your insurance, if a car is prone to being stolen, getting into many accidents, or has a track record of drivers speeding and racing with them the cost of insurance for that vehicle will go up, strickly because it then becomes a high risk vehicle. The reason your insurance may have gone down could be any number of factors which do not apply here.

As for being thankful for not all of them dying I could careless, darwinism is in full effect and if you are stupid enough to be doing that sort of stuff and endangering others on the road you shouldn't be on it either way.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
Wow. Truly tragic but dumb none the less.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by ReD De(V)oN
Sorry dude but I am affraid you are completely incorrect on that note. Have you spoken to an anyone in car insurance before, because I have and I have a friend that works for an insurance company. These sort of things can and do effect your insurance, if a car is prone to being stolen, getting into many accidents, or has a track record of drivers speeding and racing with them the cost of insurance for that vehicle will go up, strickly because it then becomes a high risk vehicle. The reason your insurance may have gone down could be any number of factors which do not apply here.

As for being thankful for not all of them dying I could careless, darwinism is in full effect and if you are stupid enough to be doing that sort of stuff and endangering others on the road you shouldn't be on it either way.
^ seems like you took that personally lol it wasnt meant to be.

i worked with a rental car company which was connected with an insurance company and really unless there are a severe amount of cases that can be classified in a group eg. honda civic high insurance because ppl rice them out and put "performance mods" to make it faster, it became a trend thats why it changed the rates. insurance companies wouldnt care they may keep it in record but we (g drivers) dont have near enough accidents, thankfully, to make the rates go up.

and not caring about the passenger dying and the chick in the back being seriously injured i dont care if its darwinism or communism a life is a life and them being so young is still sad that they died. you might not care about the driver who was driving reckless sure he was stupid but really did he deserve to die cuz of wat he did?

Old 07-07-2009, 07:56 PM
^ seems like you took that personally lol it wasnt meant to be.

i worked with a rental car company which was connected with an insurance company and really unless there are a severe amount of cases that can be classified in a group eg. honda civic high insurance because ppl rice them out and put "performance mods" to make it faster, it became a trend thats why it changed the rates. insurance companies wouldnt care they may keep it in record but we (g drivers) dont have near enough accidents, thankfully, to make the rates go up.

and not caring about the passenger dying and the chick in the back being seriously injured i dont care if its darwinism or communism a life is a life and them being so young is still sad that they died. you might not care about the driver who was driving reckless sure he was stupid but really did he deserve to die cuz of wat he did?
lol Nah didn't take it personal was just making an arguement.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
I hate bad drivers

Old 07-07-2009, 09:54 PM
someone else died because a piece of a car in front of him, hit him .... bad luck...

Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation

someone else died because a piece of a car in front of him, hit him .... bad luck...
RTFA before you post.

This was a clear case of street racing.

Stop excusing the stupidity of others.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 AM
lol i had to google "RTFA" and it was scrap metal off a truck (size of a licence plate) struck the man in the forehead

As for the article there were 3 passengers in a 2 seater, the girl flew out of the passengers lap and is in critical condition...have fingers crossd that the white car he was racing wasn't a G (the popo are looking at camera videos to see if they can find out the make of the car)

I can't believe when I heard about this I was thinking I hope the other car wasn't a G...man the G coupe quickly and if not already is becoming a dime a dozen and a ricer car IMO

As my friends would put it the new civic

Last edited by gcoupe_toronto; 07-08-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autobahn-type roads here in Canada? Impossible!! I lived in Europe for several years and I can state categorically that Canadian drivers will never reach the maturity level of European drivers because they lack one very simple quality - "courtesy". In Europe, young folks learn how to drink alcohol and act in a socially responsible manner long before they are ever eligible to apply for a driver's license (typically at the age of 18). Obtaining a driver's license in Germany for example is a long and arduous process (usually two to three years). Driving privileges in a European country is difficult to obtain and easy to lose. On the other hand, our North American culture makes it very easy to obtain driving privileges and requires quite a number of "screw ups" to lose it. We give our kids licenses at 16, then teach them the social responsibility of drinking and driving three years later. We have it backwards.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by 350Zed
RTFA before you post.

This was a clear case of street racing.

Stop excusing the stupidity of others.

this was an entirely different accident that happened on the QEW not excusing anyone

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Street racing apparent cause of double fatal crash on the DVP