Canada Serving Canada.

Edmonton area... rear axle click fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:35 PM
kjo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edmonton area... rear axle click fix

Can anyone suggest where I can go to get a rear wheel click checked out and fixed? I phoned Ericksen (not that I want to go there) but can't get in before I take the car on the highway for a trip to B.C. Any locals familiar with this issue (axle, breaks?) and willing to have a look (prepared to pay for your time)? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Ericksen should do it for free. I think Infiniti has a TSB about it.

It just needs some grease. unfortunatly i am super busy with my own car right now or I could even help you. For this I don't think you would even need to pull the axle out you could leave the outer axle nut bolted to the hub. You would have to undo the 8 or so bolts holding the inner CV to the pumpkin and drop that end down and there is a cover you can pop off and grease it from there with the CV boot still on. Or take the large end of the CV boots and undo the clamp and roll it back and then grease, you just need new clamps the old ones can be reused but its a b1tch to work with them. If you are semi competent with tools and want to tackle it yourself I could pm you my number if you run into trouble i could help steer you though it I am far from a mechanic but I have broke and rebuilt several axles now.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:45 PM
kjo
Thanks for the reply. If it is the rear axle, there is a TSB, but I'm no mechanic and it could be this or a brake issue for all I know. It seems like the axle though since the noise seems to stop above 60 km/h. Unfortunately, I am 2 months out of warranty and don't think TSB's are free of charge out of warranty. Thanks for your offer of helping via phone, but I'm afraid my biggest achievement with the car has been changing tires! I'm not going to attempt the fix myself as I'm 100% convinced I'll screw something up.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I would check and see if ericksen would do it. Mine clicked and they fixed it. Its just a TSB. A phone call would not hurt to see if they will. Plus you don't want the above working on your car. LOL. I do most of the work for him. But i will give him credit he has broken a few.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by red35
Plus you don't want the above working on your car. LOL. I do most of the work for him. But i will give him credit he has broken a few.
The brains and braun thing again, I lay it out then you do the grunt work thats why we make a good team.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My axle was clicking going around right hand turns.

1) take off wheel
2)unbolt swap bar end link(cant lower axle when its attached)
3)Loosed axle nut
4)Mark placement of axle and unbolt it from pumpkin. Pull it out from the hub
5)Take a wire brush and clean off the splines, and friction surface. Get some EP grease and coat the area's you cleaned.
6)Put the axle back in 180 degree';s from where you took it out.
7) re-assembele everything.

no more clicky clicky

Old 08-04-2009, 07:27 PM
kjo
Thanks for the info Karma. Still, I am hesitant to attempt this on my own. Ericksen is a no show on this (I guess TSBs aren't covered after warranty). Hitting the highway in 2 weeks. Is there anyone willing to help me out here....again, I have no problem paying for the time.

thanks.

K.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:47 AM
does anyone have a video of this, i'm not sure if i have the same issue.
mine sounds more like a clunking sound when i go over bumps slowly.
all the videos on the forum is gone.

i would help but i haven't done this yet either
first i have to find out if it's the same problem, my car is also from the states so don't know if any dealer in edmonton will help me.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:24 PM
kjo
Well, looks like no axle fix before hitting the highway. Ericksen...new management, same shiit...will charge full price for the fix, and didn't even respond after I sent off an appointment request over a week ago. So...need to know, if my car simply has the TSB rear axle click, is it safe to take on the highway?

thanks.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:08 PM
kjo
Just thought I would add a follow-up to my issue. Ericksen did nothing! I e-mailed West-end Nissan and received a response within hours. They slotted me in for the next morning. Rear axle click fixed prior to holidays. Charged $200, but that included prophylactic work on the other rear axle as well. I fully recommend edmonton area g folks to take their g to West-end for non-warranty work.

Ken.