Canada Serving Canada.

Gas station attendant....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Boy oh boy she must have been really new. I can't believe you are the first person to go to that bank to get a loan for an Infiniti. Did you spell it for her?
Wait...are you sure it's called an Infiniti? lol

Old 03-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was pulling up to Tim Horton's one morning, and a couple of guys were chatting outside having a smoke, and I heard the one guy mention something about how nice that Mazda was. As I walked past he said, "Hey man, nice car, that's a new Mazda 6 right?" I simply said, "No bud, it's an Infinti." With a puzzled look on his face he replies, "Oh... that's Korean right?" Maintaining my pace towards the door I just smiled and said... "Yeah, Korean..."

Old 03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyfogg
I was pulling up to Tim Horton's one morning, and a couple of guys were chatting outside having a smoke, and I heard the one guy mention something about how nice that Mazda was. As I walked past he said, "Hey man, nice car, that's a new Mazda 6 right?" I simply said, "No bud, it's an Infinti." With a puzzled look on his face he replies, "Oh... that's Korean right?" Maintaining my pace towards the door I just smiled and said... "Yeah, Korean..."
Somewhere, right now, that guy is fighting with another guy because of you. I can just hear him saying "I know for sure InfinitY is Korean because a guy who actually owns one told me so"

Old 03-10-2010, 04:22 PM
There's a guy at work who keeps calling my car a Lexus lol. I always correct him but he still calls it a Lexus. I don't take it as an insult though, it's still a luxury make lol.

I always get asked what kind of car it is, because it's unique looking compared to most cars on the road. I love it haha.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:54 PM
kid at starbucks the other day commented on my new Genesis. I corrected him that it was an Infiniti and he then said "oh, sorry about that". I work in auto finance and if I had a $1 for every hyundai sales person who says "oh, you should have got a Genesis instead" I would be rich. Sometimes dumb people just need to shut up.....lol

Old 03-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Anyone up for a Fisher Price badge group buy? lol, This thing is tight!! Fisher Price ( ages 5 and up)

Old 03-15-2010, 04:25 AM
Hmm maybe Winnipeg is just better for this, but I have never had any issues with anyone not really knowing what my car is, but they do usually spell it incorrectly. It also seems the first thing people tell me is "yeah my buddy has one too, fast car but too bad it is an Automatic". Being a 5AT owner, I need to pop that up and be reminded of why I didn't wait for a 6MT to show up for sale, lol.

I did have to bite my tongue very hard last year in a lecture when some chick was talking to someone else pretty loudly why anyone would buy such an expensive Nissan (referencing the G35) when they could buy a base level BMW for a few grand more...

Old 03-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Asad_A203
I did have to bite my tongue very hard last year in a lecture when some chick was talking to someone else pretty loudly why anyone would buy such an expensive Nissan (referencing the G35) when they could buy a base level BMW for a few grand more...
I would have let the argument begin haha

Old 03-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
It's funny the reactions you get sometimes.....

I actually had an opposite experience recently. (very rare)
The gas stn attendant actually knew his stuff.

He said...
"I really like what you've done to the car.
With your front end mods, I can't tell, is it a 35 or 37?"

I think my mouth actually dropped open before I was able to answer him.
That's excellent. People here get top marks if they can figure out it's an Infiniti I drive without looking at the rear. That's very rare though. 50% think it's a Lexus and the other 50% just don't have a clue.

Figuring out the correct model has NEVER happened without someone checking out the badge.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Rated M

ROFL great story.

Originally Posted by EEYORE
I was in Haliburton last weekend dropping off a friend at the cottage and needed to get some supplies from the local grocery store. As I was placing my groceries in the trunk a couple had stopped behind me... I wouldn't say an old couple, but slightly peppered in the least and seemed to know something about cars I guess. Note that I have a stock '05 OB G35 M6, so the question was asked:

Couple: "Hello, very nice vehicle you have and it looks brand new!"

Me: "Thank You, I try to keep the car a immaculate as I can."

Couple: "Well, You have a certainly can keep a good shine and I wish I could do that to my car. Your car is Mercedes by the looks of it?"

With my trunk lid still up and hiding the badging from the couple. I discernibly reply:

Me: "Actually, not a Mercedes, I certainly couldn't be caught dead in that vehicle. Its a new Yugo UID10T! Just brought in from Russia."

The couple looked extremely surprised that a car like that looked so modern and sporty.

Couple: "Thank you very much and have a nice day."

Me: " You are welcome. Have a nice day.

I proceeded to complete putting my groceries away and closed the trunk lid of the car, but at the time the couple had moved on. As I leave the parking lot, I pass by the couple with an acknowledging smile noting their faces when they see teh rear end of the car's badging.

Groceries for cottage: $50

Time wasted on talking to a person about my car: $100

The look on their faces when they figure out its an Infiniti as I pass by: PRICELESS

E.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Rated M

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
LOL. Some people just don't know their cars is all. I can't count the amount of times that I received a perplexed look when I told a person that my car is an Infiniti. VERY few people know what an Infiniti is here in the Maritimes. I suppose ONE dealership for 4 provinces doesn't help either.

I even had one guy last week (probably in his late 20s) couldn't believe my S2000 was a Honda. I am not sure what he thought it was but when I told him what it was he said "What, are you serious? That's really a Honda?" Maybe I should of told him it was a Ferrari or something.
Yeah. So true. We might have a little more awareness here but it certainly isn't much.

On the Honda thing that's just too funny.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by t7n7
first of all, Mazda's are well built cars? ROFL.... ok.. not gonna say anything...
when i was moving my tires, this dude says "woah...what kinda car is that for?" "G35" i replied and then he says "ohh... honda right?" "no.....nissan" i then replied while walking away... not wasting another second with that fool.

obviously. some people don't know their cars.. but isn't that what the badging is for ? otherwise, why put NISSAN or INFINTI across our perfectly sexy trunks...

I bet, if all the cars in this city were to be debadged, everyone would love the cars for the way they look then to judge them by their brands. Considering the new Genesis Coupe looks hella sexy for a "hyundai" and a 300 with some big rims and grill give it a nice bentley look.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:11 PM
When I drive my lotus its ridiculous, people have no clue what it is, no idea what a lotus is and don't even believe it is street legal.

Im debadgeing my G so will prob get those questions as well.