Canada Serving Canada.

Gas station attendant....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in Haliburton last weekend dropping off a friend at the cottage and needed to get some supplies from the local grocery store. As I was placing my groceries in the trunk a couple had stopped behind me... I wouldn't say an old couple, but slightly peppered in the least and seemed to know something about cars I guess. Note that I have a stock '05 OB G35 M6, so the question was asked:

Couple: "Hello, very nice vehicle you have and it looks brand new!"

Me: "Thank You, I try to keep the car a immaculate as I can."

Couple: "Well, You have a certainly can keep a good shine and I wish I could do that to my car. Your car is Mercedes by the looks of it?"

With my trunk lid still up and hiding the badging from the couple. I discernibly reply:

Me: "Actually, not a Mercedes, I certainly couldn't be caught dead in that vehicle. Its a new Yugo UID10T! Just brought in from Russia."

The couple looked extremely surprised that a car like that looked so modern and sporty.

Couple: "Thank you very much and have a nice day."

Me: " You are welcome. Have a nice day.

I proceeded to complete putting my groceries away and closed the trunk lid of the car, but at the time the couple had moved on. As I leave the parking lot, I pass by the couple with an acknowledging smile noting their faces when they see teh rear end of the car's badging.

Groceries for cottage: $50

Time wasted on talking to a person about my car: $100

The look on their faces when they figure out its an Infiniti as I pass by: PRICELESS

E.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had my G for a week now and on Monday I pulled up to the bank and parked and a guy came around the car and said " I like your car man"

Makes you feel good that people notice.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have 2003 coupe but its all stock, sometimes people think i did modify

i usually get compliments from young crowd and little kids..When i was in airport one time, i forgot the gps charger and tape on so after 45 minutes i finished my battery when the airport cop came.

-my battery just died , probably old and dying.
-isnt this car like 2008?
-nope 2003.
-oh ok it looks new, good care man.

g35 is only known by certain crowd in canada, the infiniti sign is not that recognized.(i actually thought the fx 35 was a mazda when i was living in Europe and saw the car first time.couldnt figure out the sign)

in Europe now Infiniti gets more credit because of the distinction it has from other brands.

just to give you a hint 2004 coupe in Turkey is $60,000 (and mileage around 60k km)
g37 --- $120,000
fx 35(yes 35)--old one $120,000 Euro
the new Fx 35 THE NEW ONE $200,000.

prices are in American dollars.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Wow I wonder why it cost so much more in Europe?

Old 08-12-2009, 01:57 PM
when my friends and i went to the UK and pretty much, most of the restaurant bills averaged 250$ pounds for about 5 of us with drinks... now convert that to CAD$... its insane... but to my buddies back there... its normal. I think even a bigmac there was like 5 pounds compared to 5$ here... but once again, when you convert, the bigmac over there comes out to over 8$ CAD..

another reason why its better to work there and retire here hehe

Old 08-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Speaking of 'reversals', the best for me was one time at the grocery store, I spotted a really nice white 350Z that had been rebadged into a Fairlady Z. I chuckled to myself, that I guess I wasn't the only one who done a rebadge in the neighbourhood.

I was about to enter the grocery when this older lady (I'm guessing in her 50s - big hair, loads of jewelry, too much tanning) stopped me and asked me what a Skyline was. She knew that it was a G35 but couldn't figure out what the Skyline was. I gave my standard schpeal (figuring she had no clue) and I even happen to reference that 350Z out in the lot as well, since i had two examples to show her. She said back to me, "Oh you saw the Z? That's mine..." - LOL awesome... hey who says, rebadging is just for the young'uns? But I have to admit, that really floored me. We both sort of gave each other the knowing nod and went on our way...

My other absolute faves, if we're speaking about those who 'get it', is when I'm on the Gardiner, ticking along at 140 or so, when a little car will speed up beside me and the driver will crane his head over his shoulder to see if my front logo matches the Nissan/Skyline at the back (which it does) LOL

Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have a fresh story 2 days old. there is a lot of construction going on everywhere, at allen rd and sheppard there is a part of the road cut out very sharply. i didnt the the first one and went slow over the second part then i accelerated, even tho towards a red light, cuz i was pissed. an older guy on the sidewalk go scared and stopped and took my plate down. so about 20-30 min later i get home and my mom got a call, and apparently it was the cops. the cop said that someone called in and said that my "porsche" was to loud and then he was wondering why the plates showed infiniti g35 on the computer records and started asking questions so my mom told him she had no idea wat he was going on about a porsche and i talked to the cop and explained the story to him. he had a big laugh about it and said ppl call in and waste their time like that alot and found the scenario funny and told me to drive safe lol...

Old 08-12-2009, 03:27 PM
^^
yeah.. I was pulled over a couple of weeks ago, right after I got my hood and trunk on..
Pulled over twice.
first time the cop was just curious what the car was, and said that he couldn't pass up the opportunity to check it out...

second tried to give me a ticket for underglow lights (WTF? I have none. And will not EVER get any) as someone complained that I drove with them on on the highway.

So, he tells me to get out of the car, and starts yelling at me that I drive with stolen plates. (WTF, yet again).
His superior shows up (per my request) and the guy who'd pulled me over starts loudly telling his superior that I have underglows on my BMW.

Superior walked up to me, apologized and said that they obviously need to rethink hiring process.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Foques
^^
yeah.. I was pulled over a couple of weeks ago, right after I got my hood and trunk on..
Pulled over twice.
first time the cop was just curious what the car was, and said that he couldn't pass up the opportunity to check it out...

second tried to give me a ticket for underglow lights (WTF? I have none. And will not EVER get any) as someone complained that I drove with them on on the highway.

So, he tells me to get out of the car, and starts yelling at me that I drive with stolen plates. (WTF, yet again).
His superior shows up (per my request) and the guy who'd pulled me over starts loudly telling his superior that I have underglows on my BMW.

Superior walked up to me, apologized and said that they obviously need to rethink hiring process.
HAHAHA, cop wasnt to bright eh?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:38 PM
politely said, yes.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kamikazeiG35
Speaking of 'reversals', the best for me was one time at the grocery store, I spotted a really nice white 350Z that had been rebadged into a Fairlady Z. I chuckled to myself, that I guess I wasn't the only one who done a rebadge in the neighbourhood.

I was about to enter the grocery when this older lady (I'm guessing in her 50s - big hair, loads of jewelry, too much tanning) stopped me and asked me what a Skyline was. She knew that it was a G35 but couldn't figure out what the Skyline was. I gave my standard schpeal (figuring she had no clue) and I even happen to reference that 350Z out in the lot as well, since i had two examples to show her. She said back to me, "Oh you saw the Z? That's mine..." - LOL awesome... hey who says, rebadging is just for the young'uns? But I have to admit, that really floored me. We both sort of gave each other the knowing nod and went on our way...

My other absolute faves, if we're speaking about those who 'get it', is when I'm on the Gardiner, ticking along at 140 or so, when a little car will speed up beside me and the driver will crane his head over his shoulder to see if my front logo matches the Nissan/Skyline at the back (which it does) LOL
Do you drive a silver coupe...If so, I saw this car on Browns Line a while back

Old 08-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by johnnyzee
Do you drive a silver coupe...If so, I saw this car on Browns Line a while back
Yup... that's me.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:02 AM
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
LOL. Some people just don't know their cars is all. I can't count the amount of times that I received a perplexed look when I told a person that my car is an Infiniti. VERY few people know what an Infiniti is here in the Maritimes. I suppose ONE dealership for 4 provinces doesn't help either.

I even had one guy last week (probably in his late 20s) couldn't believe my S2000 was a Honda. I am not sure what he thought it was but when I told him what it was he said "What, are you serious? That's really a Honda?" Maybe I should of told him it was a Ferrari or something.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have a good one

As I was buying my car, I went to the bank to speak with the loan officer to get approved. She was filling out the paper work, and asked me:

"What kind of car was it?".

I replied:

"It's an Infiniti g35"

"Ok. but who makes it?"

"Infiniti"

"Yes, but is it a Honda, a Mazda...?"

"No.. Infiniti is the brand name.. like BMW. Lexus, Etc.. It's an INFINITI"

"Oh.. O.K.."

At which point I'm not sure if she actually understood.. or simply gave up. I was starting to get kind of angry at that point.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
^ lol good one

Old 03-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Tabris
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have a good one

As I was buying my car, I went to the bank to speak with the loan officer to get approved. She was filling out the paper work, and asked me:

"What kind of car was it?".

I replied:

"It's an Infiniti g35"

"Ok. but who makes it?"

"Infiniti"

"Yes, but is it a Honda, a Mazda...?"

"No.. Infiniti is the brand name.. like BMW. Lexus, Etc.. It's an INFINITI"

"Oh.. O.K.."

At which point I'm not sure if she actually understood.. or simply gave up. I was starting to get kind of angry at that point.
haha nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gas station attendant....