Canada Serving Canada.

Gas station attendant....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gas station attendant....

As I go to pay for my fuel, $59 dollars of shell 91, the gas station attendant looks at me and says "Nice Car, is that a Mazda". I reply "No, its an Infiniti"... he replies "Ohhhh... well I guess they are well built cars too?!"

Here's your sign buddy....

Old 08-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
You should have said it was a Geo Metro...just to see the look on his face.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL thanks for the laugh!

Old 08-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by G35fromTO
LOL thanks for the laugh!
True Story, I can't make this **** up!

Old 08-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
LOL. Some people just don't know their cars is all. I can't count the amount of times that I received a perplexed look when I told a person that my car is an Infiniti. VERY few people know what an Infiniti is here in the Maritimes. I suppose ONE dealership for 4 provinces doesn't help either.

I even had one guy last week (probably in his late 20s) couldn't believe my S2000 was a Honda. I am not sure what he thought it was but when I told him what it was he said "What, are you serious? That's really a Honda?" Maybe I should of told him it was a Ferrari or something.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:14 AM
LOLOL

Old 08-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
LOL. Some people just don't know their cars is all. I can't count the amount of times that I received a perplexed look when I told a person that my car is an Infiniti. VERY few people know what an Infiniti is here in the Maritimes. I suppose ONE dealership for 4 provinces doesn't help either.

I even had one guy last week (probably in his late 20s) couldn't believe my S2000 was a Honda. I am not sure what he thought it was but when I told him what it was he said "What, are you serious? That's really a Honda?" Maybe I should of told him it was a Ferrari or something.
An S2000 is a Honda?!

hahaha

Some guy asked my buddy what his silver 2004 350z was and he told him a it was a new Porsche! haha the guy believed him too!!

Old 08-11-2009, 12:49 PM
At lease you still have your infiniti badging! I can't count how many times I've watch in the rear view mirror as the person driving behind me pointed at my trunk and said, that's a skyline!! I thought they weren't allowed in Canada... then proceeded to explain to the passenger about what a skyline is....bla bla bla... then they usually pull up beside me and give he thumbs up or the approval nod... lol

Old 08-11-2009, 12:58 PM
first of all, Mazda's are well built cars? ROFL.... ok.. not gonna say anything...

when i was moving my tires, this dude says "woah...what kinda car is that for?" "G35" i replied and then he says "ohh... honda right?" "no.....nissan" i then replied while walking away... not wasting another second with that fool.

obviously. some people don't know their cars.. but isn't that what the badging is for ? otherwise, why put NISSAN or INFINTI across our perfectly sexy trunks...

I bet, if all the cars in this city were to be debadged, everyone would love the cars for the way they look then to judge them by their brands. Considering the new Genesis Coupe looks hella sexy for a "hyundai" and a 300 with some big rims and grill give it a nice bentley look.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I just have my Mt.Fugi emblems and I always get asked if its a Lexus....I guess the Mt.Fugi looks kind of like the "L"

Old 08-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
It's funny the reactions you get sometimes.....

I actually had an opposite experience recently. (very rare)
The gas stn attendant actually knew his stuff.

He said...
"I really like what you've done to the car.
With your front end mods, I can't tell, is it a 35 or 37?"

I think my mouth actually dropped open before I was able to answer him.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I was at Shoppers drugmart today guy came up to me and sd nice genesis you have...

Old 08-11-2009, 05:12 PM
my girlfriend's 3 year old can spot a G35 a mile away.. and he will accurately tell me if its a 4 door or coupe.... hehee.. trained him well! ... in fact, its amazing how powerful a kid's observation can be... i was driving on the highway and he was like "Raam Raam!, a white g35 coupe like yours.. except no kit and wheels" and i'm like "where???? " he is like "theree.. there..." pointing to the collectors lane (i'm on the express) atleast 400 meters away ... i was so shocked.. i just turned around to my girl and asked her.. "how did he notice that? am i getting too old? "

the last thing i thought him was... "shaved trunk" instead of him saying "no stickers on it" hehe...gonna bring him to one of the meets, he'll love to see all your Gs...

Old 08-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by t7n7
my girlfriend's 3 year old can spot a G35 a mile away.. and he will accurately tell me if its a 4 door or coupe.... hehee.. trained him well! ... in fact, its amazing how powerful a kid's observation can be... i was driving on the highway and he was like "Raam Raam!, a white g35 coupe like yours.. except no kit and wheels" and i'm like "where???? " he is like "theree.. there..." pointing to the collectors lane (i'm on the express) atleast 400 meters away ... i was so shocked.. i just turned around to my girl and asked her.. "how did he notice that? am i getting too old? "

the last thing i thought him was... "shaved trunk" instead of him saying "no stickers on it" hehe...gonna bring him to one of the meets, he'll love to see all your Gs...
Kids know more than we do! haha JK.. my nephew used to love my car.. until my sister got her SL 550/500( i forget the number). I remember one time when my nephew was still like 5, we were all going to dinner and theres an old school stingray parked in the Valet... He says "Sweet car!" and I was like do you know what that is.. his reply "corvette sting ray." I was in total shock.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Lmao, thats jokes... People dont know their cars, Its worse when you get people who dont know what their talking about, talk about their own cars, I had a guy tell me his 2001 base model automatic 3 series sedan is "faster" than my 03 for the simple fact its a bmw, i asked him why he thought is car was "faster" than mine his response "man its a bmw what do you expect"... just didnt waste my breath...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gas station attendant....