Canada Serving Canada.

Highway Traffic Acts ~ Update - Mobile Devices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^ So if you fail or do not get your 'Winter' license you can't drive in November, early December or early March when we usually have no snow?

Answer this - A husband has an 'All Year' license and his wife has a 'Summer' licence and they own one vehicle; does it have a standard white plate or coloured?

Old 09-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TroysG
Regarding the studded tire thing... do you have ANY idea how much damage that would do to the roads?
And the summer and winter drivers license. Summer can can drive from first official day of spring to October 31st. For that license you will have a red or yellow plate.
Winter license will go from Nov 1 to the first official day of spring. Your plate will be blue.
Those who CAN drive in both will stay with the standard plate.
I've put much thought into this.
Studded tires arent like studs on a snow mobile or chains on tires... they are small and protrude ever so slightly past the rubber just enough to make contact on ice. Also they are cylinderical, not pointy. I had my fathers truck this winter which has studs and they are like night and day. 60 ton transports do more damage to the roads than those little studs do...

If I was driving the G this winter, I would register it under his address and get studded tires forsure, then it might actually go somewhere in the snow! haha

Old 09-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Back on topic, I hope Alberta finds the ***** to ban all cell use in cars as well. Our MLA, a former cop, is the main push behind it. I may just go down to his office and see what I can do to help. The big excuse here is 'it will be difficult to enforce'. So try harder. I don't mind a small tax hike if it means more police on the roads (yeah I said it) and fewer dickweeds weaving across lanes, going from 70 to 120 and back down to 85, all because they can't concentrate on their driving because they're on the fecking phone or texting.

I don't have time to kill 'em all.