Canada Serving Canada.

GTA In Detail still around....?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question GTA In Detail still around....?

Does anyone know what the current status of GTA In Detail is? Is Kevin still in business…? Away on holiday… H1N1 quarantined… deceased? I’ve tried to contact him by cell and email with no return call or message.

I need a good… scratch that, a great paint detailer. Kevin has done a great job for me in the past however, if he isn’t responding I could use a recommendation for anyone else in the GTA.
Thanks all,
Jay

Old 10-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I am sure Kevin is just VERY busy as usual. He's a guy in high demand1

Another great detailer in the GTA is Nikku. Here is his profile. Or................if you want to take a road trip to NB, I'd be happy to detail your G!

Old 11-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I am sure Kevin is just VERY busy as usual. He's a guy in high demand1
Too busy to return a customer phone call?

Not to be a d**k, but I was considering his services for my spring refresh until I saw this. Bad pre-sales communication is a sign of even worse post-sales service.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
There is also a fellow named Stephen that does great detailing work in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. Wes_888 and rpm&my_G35 have used his services and spoke highly of him. Contact them if you want his number.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 350Zed

Not to be a d**k, but I was considering his services for my spring refresh until I saw this. Bad pre-sales communication is a sign of even worse post-sales service.
Ever think that he might be on vacation....

Old 11-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by 35bills
^^I agree Bill, that really was not a fair statment the poster made

Old 11-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmmmm, If you didn't want to be a d**k ........... why make the generalization. Sometimes it takes a while for Kevin to return a call. He usually puts in a long day, often 7 days a week. He will return your call when he can. Somethings, like Kevin's level of service is worth waiting for. If you want immediate service chances are slight he can do you. But, being on Driver is a huge edge for you. Dismissing or disparaging Kevin before you know what's up says more about you than anything else in your post.
Sorry 350Zed, I'm sure you're a great guy but, I couldn't let the comment go as Kevin has helped many of us out with advice, deals from his suppliers, free demos, donation of services and many of us here consider him a friend.
BTW I've also used Stephan in Waterloo and he's very good as well. I hope you are satisfied by the services your eventually get.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by 35bills
Then why would he not change his voicemail greeting to that effect?

Old 11-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by whatacar
Hmmmm, If you didn't want to be a d**k ........... why make the generalization. Sometimes it takes a while for Kevin to return a call. He usually puts in a long day, often 7 days a week. He will return your call when he can. Somethings, like Kevin's level of service is worth waiting for. If you want immediate service chances are slight he can do you. But, being on Driver is a huge edge for you. Dismissing or disparaging Kevin before you know what's up says more about you than anything else in your post.
Sorry 350Zed, I'm sure you're a great guy but, I couldn't let the comment go as Kevin has helped many of us out with advice, deals from his suppliers, free demos, donation of services and many of us here consider him a friend.
BTW I've also used Stephan in Waterloo and he's very good as well. I hope you are satisfied by the services your eventually get.
Hey man... I just call 'em like I see 'em.

If a fellow member is irked about another when it comes to a business transaction, is it not fair of me to support the complaining member if his claim is valid?

I'm not looking to start anything... I'm just wondering why a trusted member isn't being responsive to others when it comes to doing business together, since I was considering entering into a similar deal.

If I'm going to give someone a few hundred of my hard-earned $'s then I expect to buy from someone who is responsive. I've been in sales for a long time, and I know what good and bad customer service is all about.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Ya, I agree, Kevin has been a great guy to the forum... Because of that and fantastic workmanship is the reason he is top on my list. I too would have hoped that if he was on vacation, that he would change his voice mail... then I quickly remember that on my last couple vacations I forgot to do that myself. lol

Unfortunately, I do need his services soon as need to put my car up for sale this week. It could really use his magic before people come to see it. If he is too busy or out of touch for a while I'll have to come up with a plan B.

Thanks for the leads GEE35FX & Garnet Canuck. I may just have to track someone new down.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Maybe his defenders can reach him and tell him he has customers waiting?

Old 11-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Thumbs up He's alive!

I was pleased to recently get confirmation that Kevin is alive and well. Errr... not totally well, but generally yes. Turns out that he has been under the weather with the flu (though he emphatically states it not swine... LOL) and is just getting back up to speed now. Now we just need to nail down a date for him to work his magic!

Old 11-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by BadKarma
I was pleased to recently get confirmation that Kevin is alive and well. Errr... not totally well, but generally yes. Turns out that he has been under the weather with the flu (though he emphatically states it not swine... LOL) and is just getting back up to speed now. Now we just need to nail down a date for him to work his magic!
What are you getting done, and what are you expecting to pay? I need to budget for my spring refresh.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:14 PM
What are you getting done, and what are you expecting to pay? I need to budget for my spring refresh.
The whole freakin' deal! lol Wash, scrub, clay bar, polish, wax and shiatsu. It needs it all. I haven't had much time to care for it this summer and I know she looks great once she has been worked over well. Last time Kevin did a nice job on the lower black plastic and headlights as well. I'm expecting that once he is done, it will be all that much more painful to give her up.

If I remember, I'll shoot you a PM once we figure out what my current menu of services is going to cost me.

Cheers

Old 11-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by BadKarma
The whole freakin' deal! lol Wash, scrub, clay bar, polish, wax and shiatsu. It needs it all. I haven't had much time to care for it this summer and I know she looks great once she has been worked over well. Last time Kevin did a nice job on the lower black plastic and headlights as well. I'm expecting that once he is done, it will be all that much more painful to give her up.

If I remember, I'll shoot you a PM once we figure out what my current menu of services is going to cost me.

Cheers
How do you deal with rock-chips?

Do you touch-up before or after the WFD (Whole Freakin' Deal)?