Canada Serving Canada.

RB26 swap G35 2004 COUPE Cant stop Watching this

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting. I like the idea. But, if your going to spend all that time/effort/money on doing a swap like that, why not pick a less finicky engine.

I also couldnt help but notice the cheap wheels. Not that I have a problem with them. But if your dropping that kind of coin on a swap like that, at least have the self respect to buy nice wheels.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by huckersideways
Interesting. I like the idea. But, if your going to spend all that time/effort/money on doing a swap like that, why not pick a less finicky engine.

I also couldnt help but notice the cheap wheels. Not that I have a problem with them. But if your dropping that kind of coin on a swap like that, at least have the self respect to buy nice wheels.
agree with you 100%

Originally Posted by GLuXuRy
ok im going to be blunt

THAT THING IS UGLY .. i dont care how fast it is .. id rather look good and be slow =/
+1

i tryed to like that bumper it just doesnt do it for me. and those are some are some ugly rims!

i was very curious before i got my turbo for a swap and every single nissan oriented tuner/mechanic told me NO! iv heard you need an N1 block to do most of those upgrades to run safe 400-480whp and the n1 block is as expensive as buying a used TT for the G cuz it had some special titanium netting (idk some skyline driver, older guy, raced with 300zx's, explained to me once lol but it was complex and i couldnt follow cuz he went into to much detail lol). unless its for the unique factor there is no point in the RB26 swap. the VQ is a pretty good motor.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
looks like you want to be a douche....well good thats my specialty.
Future Signature, but my bad, conduct unbecoming of a newb to the site. Sorry.

Your specialty however appears to be FAILING.
FAIL jokes. You must frequent Beyond...

First off its Hooked on PHONICS in you defense it was a nice try but if you mouth off make sure you don't end up looking like a total tool.
Do I look like the tool Mr. Sensitive? How long did you work on your little rebuttal? Check all my posts, reading them word for word? Was good work, Infinity Besides, I was typing foaneticlee (get it?) (and I spent 15 minutes coming up with mine )

Second you said the RB26 is proven to be bullet proof...
Common, there are literally tens of thousands of 500+hp RB26s out there.

We might have to start making Alberta meets invite only is this is the type new members we are ending up with only room for 1 E-Thug in Alberta and I was here first .
Common! I'll be good. Im sorry, lets make out. I mean make up. See you at a meet, if i'm allowed

Reply to PM need be. Sorry for the Jack.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Fail is a universal forum term not just limited to Beyond and I don't hang out there.

It took my 30seconds of scanning your post history to see the Infiniti error. However I get off on that type of stuff so i would have spent the time required to catch you in something less than flattering. Everyone has posts that make them look less than stellar it is finding them that is the tricky part.

I am not mr sensitive I just enjoy when people call me out.

The tens of thousands of 500+whp RB builds you speak of are 98% of the time not stock bottom ends they are rebuilds with late model oil pumps and forged internals. I have several friends that have 500+whp builds 0 of them on stock bottom ends.

I am sure we will let you come to a meet, it is great group of G35 owners in Alberta. Hopefully it stays that way. I have said this before and I am sure the Alberta guys will back me on this I am much nicer in person.

Done thread Jack.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
I have said this before and I am sure the Alberta guys will back me on this I am much nicer in person.
Don't believe it.

But seriously, yeah, Gord's a good guy, very knowledgeable and generous with help and advice (mostly advice, everyone knows red35 does all the work, LOL!)

Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by SwivelHips
(mostly advice, everyone knows red35 does all the work, LOL!)

Thats why i have been having so many issues

Old 11-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure you're a great guy. Witty to say the least...

Old 11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats why i have been having so many issues
Hey leave me out of this. I had mine half torn apart in the winter and mine ran awesome. Not just dyno queen. LOL

Old 11-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by red35
Hey leave me out of this. I had mine half torn apart in the winter and mine ran awesome. Not just dyno queen. LOL
Oh, that's gonna leave a mark. haha!

Btw, green stuff comin' your way:

This thread is so far off the beaten path now, LOL...

Last edited by Swivel; 11-12-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by red35
1/2 torn apart, tearing down to the valve covers is not 1/2 torn apart. We both know who you will call when you need the real work done

Originally Posted by SwivelHips
Oh, that's gonna leave a mark. haha!

This thread is so far off the beaten path now, LOL...
I don't mind the car being called a dyno queen I think i have the only DIY built car to put down 575whp on the rollers. Even if it only runs for a few hours before breaking each time. When I had a 175whp less it still put down down the same times at the track as Red35 did. Fear me red35 fear me (next year of course or maybe the year after)LOL

Back to topic

another one from my350z. Please note the N1 oil pump....N1 equals R34 oil pump

http://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds/...rb26-swap.html

Last edited by Sylvan lake V35; 11-11-2009 at 11:13 PM.